Unrestricted Free Agent Tyson Stengle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it’s true. It’s buried pretty deep but it’s true.
Incorrect. Chol got Richmond compensation after being delisted and redrafted by them.

Mate, if Stengle goes, we get NOTHING. Diddly. Not a brass razoo.

Once a player has attained DFA status, he is a Delisted Free Agent at the end of each and every contract.

No compo.

Pretty positive he's considered under UFA status which equates to compensation even if he was DFA originally

Unsure if the compo changes come in this year or next when they do the whole review. But I remember that formula was revealed last year to show that it's mostly wage based. I think I remember it being top % earnings mostly for what compo a club receives.

As for the Smith going to Geelong atm 13 is about right on it's own and Geelong would be happy to give it. Dogs will try for more. A future 2nd or 3rd maybe.

Stengle goes to Dons/Saints

Cats get First round compo for around similar to pick they currently have.

Swing compo pick for Smith

Everybody wins

The released info is the below. They also want to add contract length as a measure according to Twomey.

“A points value is assigned to free agents based on:

• Their average guaranteed contract value
  • What percentile of the AFL contracts theirs falls into
  • Age - with 25-year-old's getting most value”
The contract length is probably to deter the Daniher type deals where they signed him to get the band 1 compo then re-signed a few months later to a longer deal on the same contract. Adding length will also make things riskier for clubs in overpaying players.

The contract length is probably to deter the Daniher type deals where they signed him to get the band 1 compo then re-signed a few months later to a longer deal on the same contract. Adding length will also make things riskier for clubs in overpaying players.
I’m pretty sure it’s already in the secret herbs and spices part. Or atleast factored in

i dont see anything wrong with the jist of those deal.

Well thankfully the AFL did.

Its faking a trade to manufacture free agency compo by acting in a non free market manner. And in doing so two clubs manufacture a positive outcome that adversley affects other teams.

So the AFL blocking this manufactured outcome with AFL handouts involved gets a tick from me

Curious to see if there is an actual method. Have NFI how the AFL decides on compo picks.
There better explanations online than anything I can give but they rank what they're getting paid per year on a scale of 1 to 100. Add some points if they're young. If two players are ranked the same the length of contract tie breaks them. In the top x gets y etc

Mate, if Stengle goes, we get NOTHING. Diddly. Not a brass razoo.

Once a player has attained DFA status, he is a Delisted Free Agent at the end of each and every contract.

No compo.

Incorrect. He is UFA not DFA.

The DFA entitles lifetime UFA but there is no DFA for life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 25, perfect age, he is very smart to get out of geelong as the cliff is coming, he needs to go to a club either currently in the window or with a very clear upward trejectory.

Exactly the player North should be in the ear off

Exactly as i thought, stengele is type of player who might not be a match winner but could unlock match winning potential of a team. He adds the x-factor to the team if they are going well.

We are lacking a top level small forward and those are hard to draft.

We should be whipering to his manage of a 5 x 850k type deal.

His career is wasted at geelong being only 25, his no.1 choice might be the teams in the window but he won't be wasting time in those midtable teams.

Plenty of similar posts in 2021 and it seemed to work out ok.

Errr yeah, how did things go between start of 2012 and end of 2021?

Hawkins (36), dangerfield (34), duncan (33), touhy (34) will lead the team to more success?

Exactly as i thought, stengele is type of player who might not be a match winner but could unlock match winning potential of a team. He adds the x-factor to the team if they are going well.

We are lacking a top level small forward and those are hard to draft.

We should be whipering to his manage of a 5 x 850k type deal.

His career is wasted at geelong being only 25, his no.1 choice might be the teams in the window but he won't be wasting time in those midtable teams.

so you think he go to north for an extra 100-50k half that after tax?!?

sure geelong looking at some sort of rebuild but do anyone think north are competing within 5 years?? when carlton or essendon be offering similar. only scenario of him going to north is them paying him the most, any other reason to pick north over others are fanciful.

so you think he go to north for an extra 100-50k half that after tax?!?

sure geelong looking at some sort of rebuild but do anyone think north are competing within 5 years?? when carlton or essendon be offering similar. only scenario of him going to north is them paying him the most, any other reason to pick north over others are fanciful.
I'd be surprised and disappointed if we didn't put in the biggest offer. We have a lot of cap space, let's use it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back