trent cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/elite-kids-await-draft-fate/2007/10/03/1191091193766.html

interesting......

Cotchin feels similarly. If he could stay home, he would, like most kids. He fractured his foot two weeks ago, which has meant more time to think about the draft, and wonder where it might take him.

He is open to possibilities. "It's made me think a bit more about it. Talking to all the clubs you wonder what's going on in their heads," Cotchin said.

"I suppose you can never really know what they're thinking, but after we had the meeting with West Coast, I had a chat with my mum and dad, about how we'd feel if I ended up over in WA. Obviously it would be pretty hard, but at the same time it's been my lifetime dream."

I want to smack the father over the head. Just because his son turned out ot be a gun does not mean he's allowed to dictate terms like a superstar such as Juddy. The guy has not even played a game of AFL, why should he deserve a say in anything.

Like someone else said, AFL is a privilege, so many other kids miss out the opportunity to play for any club at all. Why should you be allowed to handpick and decide what team you want to play. Totally removed the reasoning and belief behind the draft system.

They realise, if we continue down this path, eventually the game will return back to the state competition (WA v Vic v SA v QLD) just because the drafted kids don't want to relocate. Its a national competition, grow up, quit your job, move over west and start watching your son play.

Trent Cotchin will (hopefully) come to Perth and if his father does not like it, he can **** off.

I want to smack the father over the head. Just because his son turned out ot be a gun does not mean he's allowed to dictate terms like a superstar such as Juddy. The guy has not even played a game of AFL, why should he deserve a say in anything.

Like someone else said, AFL is a privilege, so many other kids miss out the opportunity to play for any club at all. Why should you be allowed to handpick and decide what team you want to play. Totally removed the reasoning and belief behind the draft system.

They realise, if we continue down this path, eventually the game will return back to the state competition (WA v Vic v SA v QLD) just because the drafted kids don't want to relocate. Its a national competition, grow up, quit your job, move over west and start watching your son play.

Trent Cotchin will (hopefully) come to Perth and if his father does not like it, he can **** off.

Well said :) but maybe a bit too aggressive.

Think back to when you were 17. Your parents feel like they have some control and that their opinions matter, but really, at 17 ppl make their own decisions.

I'm sure hes excited about coming over.

They CAN NOT ask to be picked up by a Victorian Club, that is not how the draft operates. West Coast will pick him up if given the opportunity trust me. They will bank on turning his attutude around and settling him here.

Palmer is heaps better than Cotchin anyway and he's West Australian. I'd rather we get WA boys this year considering just how much they made the Victorians look pretty second rate.

Hey if you hated a club and you were like hot shit,everyone thought you go top 3 in the national draft and that club went to visit you.

I'm not sure how it works if they visit you or you visit them by the way.

I was just wondering say Essendon came 2nd last that year and the guy from Essendon came for a visit and you had all these eagles posters up of your favourite players as your a Eagles fan since you were born and you had a few Essendon pictures saying the Bombers get up the ass and have all this shit how the Bombers are queers or whatever,i wonder if that's draft tampering.

Then that club tells you what you think of Essendon and you say what you really think of them. I wonder if that club would choose ya, i would do it if i really hated a club that i never wanted to play for.

I would play WAFL or whatever.

Hey if you hated a club and you were like hot shit,everyone thought you go top 3 in the national draft and that club went to visit you.

I was just wondering say Essendon came 2nd last that year and the guy from Essendon came for a visit and you had all these eagles posters up of your favourite players as your a Eagles fan since you were born and you had a few Essendon pictures saying the Bombers get up the ass and have all this shit how the Bombers are queers or whatever,i wonder if that's draft tampering.

Then that club tells you what you think of Essendon and you say what you really think of them. I wonder if that club would choose ya, i would do it if i really hated a club that i never wanted to play for.

Thats one of the most ******ed things i've ever heard.

Have you ever gone on a camping trip or had a job or something, where you didn't really like the people you were with. However after you stayed with them for a while and got to know them better, you started to like them and were able to get along with them?

Not all kids will go for the same team they are recruited to. It happens to almost every commercialized sport in the world. You join a team, because you get the opportunity to join it.

And anyway.. a player who is part of a club will be far more loyal to it than a kid who supported the club. For example... I go for the eagles, however if I was picked up by Essendon and was able to play for them, I would soon enough start supporting them. However the only time this might not work as effectively is if you are the son of a former club great (more loyalty IMO). Thus we have the father/son rule.

Hahaha once they realise they've got money and smokin hot women on tap and are treated like royalty wherever they go, they soon get over the fact that they left their mum and dad behind, believe me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds more or less like Mitch Morton.. minus the pick three part.

Palmer is heaps better than Cotchin anyway and he's West Australian. I'd rather we get WA boys this year considering just how much they made the Victorians look pretty second rate.
Ummm... no.
Cotchin >> Palmer

Have you ever gone on a camping trip or had a job or something, where you didn't really like the people you were with. However after you stayed with them for a while and got to know them better, you started to like them and were able to get along with them?

Not all kids will go for the same team they are recruited to. It happens to almost every commercialized sport in the world. You join a team, because you get the opportunity to join it.

And anyway.. a player who is part of a club will be far more loyal to it than a kid who supported the club. For example... I go for the eagles, however if I was picked up by Essendon and was able to play for them, I would soon enough start supporting them. However the only time this might not work as effectively is if you are the son of a former club great (more loyalty IMO). Thus we have the father/son rule.

Thats crap you like most people are sell out and care about the $.If i hated something and dead set on playing for one club its that club or park football,not everyone gives a shit about the best car and crap.

WTF are you talking about? Maybe it's me and it's late, but that post made no sense.

It's pretty much saying if i hated this club i would tell the recruiters how i feel about that club, making him think i'm a risk to that club and no making of friends would change my view of moving after the contract was over. Simple my club or a club i don't mind or play local footy.

Yes that's a job,but i left them for better jobs,i care about the conditions more then the pay.The camping yes but i don't see those people,can't be bothered,prefer being by myself. I'm just set in my ways its my club or the $ to screw that club and make me a Fat Cat.It's Football to me,when it's a job playing for someone else i'll bleed them dry if i'm that good.

Thats crap you like most people are sell out and care about the $.If i hated something and dead set on playing for one club its that club or park football,not everyone gives a shit about the best car and crap.

One of the more stupid things i have read on Big Footy, So what your saying is that these kids that have been busting their arse since they were 15 to play AFL Shouldnt play because they didnt get picked by the team they follow instead getting drafted by a team they dislike?

It just doesnt work like that, People dont know what goes on inside football clubs, I hate Collingwood as a supporter but i would happily play for them if i got drafted to them. You cant pick and choose who you play for. See Des Headland, wore a Fremantle shirt to his Brisbane interview and they still picked him up at No 1.

Think before you post. Because at the moment you are making a fool of yourself.

Mate, people need to earn a living. And if you like football enough, you would rather play for a club you dislike at the highest level.. than some amateur league.

As much as I hate the other clubs.. I'd still rather play for them, than not play at all. I would even consider playing for fremantle, who as a support I hate with a passion. (at least until i decide whether I like freo or try and get traded after my contract expired).

I think that Cotchin will probably go at pick no.2 to Richmond and that the Eagles will take Rhys Palmer at no.3 (Assuming they get pick 3). Honestly Palmer looks to be a really dynamic play maker I just wish Freo could get him.

One of the more stupid things i have read on Big Footy, So what your saying is that these kids that have been busting their arse since they were 15 to play AFL Shouldnt play because they didnt get picked by the team they follow instead getting drafted by a team they dislike?

It just doesnt work like that, People dont know what goes on inside football clubs, I hate Collingwood as a supporter but i would happily play for them if i got drafted to them. You cant pick and choose who you play for. See Des Headland, wore a Fremantle shirt to his Brisbane interview and they still picked him up at No 1.

Think before you post. Because at the moment you are making a fool of yourself.

I'm not saying they wouldn't 99.9% would because people are like sheeps they follow each other,just a rebel would be happy to play local footy and work as a electrician to make his living who doesn't care about earning $200 000 a year.

I think there is people out there who just like playing football and don't all think i want to be a AFL player,some play for the exercise.

I'm not saying they wouldn't 99.9% would because people are like sheeps they follow each other,just a rebel would be happy to play local footy and work as a electrician to make his living who doesn't care about earning $200 000 a year.

I think there is people out there who just like playing football and don't all think i want to be a AFL player,some play for the exercise.

Yeah those are the guys who play recreational football. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

trent cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back