Trades and draft selections

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I've had him in my supercoach team the last 4 years and have thus tracked him closely. This year he performed better than last year, and remained in the top bracket of rebounding defenders.

So we are now rating our players performances according to their SC scores??.... WTF has this world come to.

Is this based on anything you know FCB?
Not based on any whispers if thats what you mean, i can see Gilbee being shopped around during this trade period and he is the only player that we would be willing to put on the table to get Walker, the thing is even then we would probably need to add in a pick

Trade Hill to Hawthorn for pick 37
Trade Minson to GC for pick 44
Trade Stack to WCE for a fourth rounder.

Use our Harbrow pick for Sherman
Use our 4th round pick for Djkeurra
Use our pick 37 and Stack's fourth rounder and possibly a player for Walker

Draft picks:
Wallis
Libba
Pick 44 - Speedy winger
Pick 57 - ??
Pick 73 - Puopolo (Spelling)
Pick 74
Pick 91

Pre-Season Draft:
Look if any KPF are up for grbas, or a young ruckmen.

Delist :
Tiller
Markovic
Callan

Not based on any whispers if thats what you mean, i can see Gilbee being shopped around during this trade period and he is the only player that we would be willing to put on the table to get Walker, the thing is even then we would probably need to add in a pick
Gilbee definitely not shopped around. Goes onto the veteran's list next season.

Seems Freo have got Peter Faulks.

Freo has traded pick 55 to Gold Coast for pick 61 and Suns pre-listed player Peter Faulks (key defender, ex Williamstown VFL).

http://twitter.com/afl

Still mining for gold in the VFL.

Since Freo has taken Faulks, we have to keep Markovic. Tall defender as back-up and he was pretty much the player that forced Tiller out of the VFL side.

What does Brennan being taken by GC mean for our chances of getting The Shermanator? Voss said he wasn't prepared to lose both didn't he? Which puts us in the shit, or so it would seem...

Also, massive disappointment on the missing out on Faulks front, there goes seven dollars and a tub of mango sorbet :D

I still really want to know who the other player from Brisbane was, I dont care if we dont get him but still want to know!

I hope if we get Sherman and Dj we can still maybe trade Minno or some others to get a couple more picks that will actually get us a decent player in the draft!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still really want to know who the other player from Brisbane was, I dont care if we dont get him but still want to know!

I hope if we get Sherman and Dj we can still maybe trade Minno or some others to get a couple more picks that will actually get us a decent player in the draft!

We already have 2 very decent players via our F/S selections, don't be greedy. ;)

The club wouldn't swap him if it helped get Walker to the club?

Also wouldnt all the guys from the 99 draft be able to be put on the Vets list this year
No, salary cap too tight if Sherman comes in. Minimal savings gained if Gilbee traded out, given half his salary would be outside the cap.

Length of tenure is only half of the requirement to go onto the Veteran's List, also need to be 30 by Sept 30 in that season. Only Shaggy, Gilbee & Hahn qualify. Bobby & Gia eligible in 2012.

Just reiterating, Gilbee hasn't been shopped around by the club.

So id assume we would use all 3 as vets and go one less in the rookie draft then and then with Hahn being pushed aside we will have the max of 4 vets for 2012.

Johnsons and Eagletons wage as vets = to the wages of Shaggy Gilbee and Hahn for 2011?

If we're creative we can still get both Sherman and Walker.

I just wish we would get one of them (Sherman preferably) locked away. Give it up Swans, you lose.

There is no chance we have the cap space to gain Walker if we havnt passed off someone on an ok wage unless players take a pay cut. Arnt we ment to be in big salary cap trouble aorn

Very worried about an as yet unaddressed issue. We are chasing speedy mids (Sherman, Walker), a possible small back to replace Harbrow (Puopolo? sp?), and have netted a small forward/pressure player (Vez) with another potentially on the cards (Djerkurra). What we haven't addressed at all as far as I can see is key backs. We have Lake, Williams and...things get pretty thin after those two. Markovic? Boumann? Who are we grooming to be Lakes replacement? I might be missing something here, and would be mighty glad for someone to correct me, but if one of those two get injured (which is very possible, given Lakes dodgy hip and Tampon Tom being so nicknamed), and with the loss of Tiller and Everitt further weakening our back up stocks, who do we have, and who can/should we chase?

If we're creative we can still get both Sherman and Walker.

I just wish we would get one of them (Sherman preferably) locked away. Give it up Swans, you lose.

Perfectly put.

Thinking we will get the trade done for Sherman with our Compo pick, we are going to need to out-trade both Minson, AND Hill, to get whatever we need to trade to Carlton for Walker anyway.

That solves our salary cap issue!

I think Melbourne (who seemingly have missed out on Hale), will be sniffing around Minson now, and Hill will go to Hawthorn. If these are done on Friday, then we can hopefully get the Sherman and Walker trades done.

Will be very happy if we get both Sherman and Walker. We will be reloaded for 2011 if that is the case...

We can't have a list of back ups. At the end of the day we've got a fair few developing talls who will most likely make careers for themselves (Grant, Jones, Cordy, Roughie). Another key back would be handy, but let's not forget, KPPs don't grow on trees and we went years without a real decent key defender in the late nineties, early 00s (all due respect to Croft et al, they weren't guns).

Agree we need to be looking to get someone who can be developed. Not sure where Boumann et al are, might be time to move them on. We still have a few years of Lake left hopefully so we've got time.

At the end of the day, if Lake went down we'd be stuffed, no matter how many back ups we had. He's irreplaceable.

Perfectly put.

Thinking we will get the trade done for Sherman with our Compo pick, we are going to need to out-trade both Minson, AND Hill, to get whatever we need to trade to Carlton for Walker anyway.

That solves our salary cap issue!

I think Melbourne (who seemingly have missed out on Hale), will be sniffing around Minson now, and Hill will go to Hawthorn. If these are done on Friday, then we can hopefully get the Sherman and Walker trades done.

Will be very happy if we get both Sherman and Walker. We will be reloaded for 2011 if that is the case...

Absolutely. Sherman again told the Swans where to go yesterday and said he wants to come to us - what does it take for those clowns to get the message?

Dogs should tell the Swans to POQ and let us get on with dealing with the Lions.

I agree with sending Will to Melbourne and then using that pick and maybe any we get for Hill on Walker.

Seems Freo have got Peter Faulks.

Freo has traded pick 55 to Gold Coast for pick 61 and Suns pre-listed player Peter Faulks (key defender, ex Williamstown VFL).

http://twitter.com/afl
****!!!!

I know we couldn't beat pick 55, but IMO the bloke's gonna be at least top 100 in the AFL (easy top 22 in premiership side)... surely could have come up with something better than a 6 pick upgrade in the 4th round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades and draft selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back