Rumour Trade rumour/innuendo/fact/fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have Jackson on the bench. He will be forced out of the side in a few years.

Houli we can trade for and see what he does but he would still be a fringe/depth player. We are ultimatley switching him for Polo..

No they don't. They have no picks in the PSD. All the concessions and the ability to sign uncontracted players out side of trade week/ National draft make picks in the PSD not necessary

Are you sure? I was under the impression that they had the first pick, then it continued as per usual.

Anyway, I'm sure West Coast would love him in their awful midfield. Point being Freo would have to majorly **** up to let him go for nothing. It's higher Melbourne based bidder (us, Essendon).

I doesn't matter that GCS or WCE have there PSD picks before ours, if Mundy says he wants to come back to Melbourne why would WCE or GCS pick him up? Hence the reason why we would be in the prime seat to pick him up in the PSD being the FIRST Vic club to have a PSD pick directly after WCE.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that they had the first pick, then it continued as per usual.

Anyway, I'm sure West Coast would love him in their awful midfield. Point being Freo would have to majorly **** up to let him go for nothing. It's higher Melbourne based bidder (us, Essendon).

I'm sure they would love to have him in their midfield but they wont take a player in the PSD who is leaving a WA club to head back to VIC. You'd be mad as he wont want to be there and will just ask for a trade as soon as he can. I don't think WC will want to do any favours for Freo either.

Hey guys, im close to a few of the players down at the tiges and i met with one of them today and he was telling me that he just had brekky with Justin Sherman and theres a 90% chance he'll be at Richmond next year as theres a 3 year deal on the table, i asked if it would be involving Polo and he just smiled, dont what that meant but he did say Polo wouldnt be at Richmond next year. I also asked about Mundy and Houli but he wasnt sure. I play cricket in Altona with Bashars cousins and all he told me on Thursday was that he wants to go to Richmond and they've been talking for two weeks, but that could just be conversation. My guess is:

INS: Sherman, Houli, Mundy (but not for 700k a year), Beau Dowler
OUTS: Thompson, McMahon, Tambling, Hislop, Roberts, Gilligan, Polo. Probably forgot a clown in there, plus our retirees.

GUESS TRADES: Sherman for Polo plus picks exchanged like our 3rd round for there 4th round.
Tambling for Houli plus our 4th round for there second round.
Beau Dowler PSD
Mundy for Foley plus our second round pick

Pretty certain we'll get Houli, Dowler and Sherman dont know about Mundy, but anyway thats my info and my guess trades.

Hey guys, im close to a few of the players down at the tiges and i met with one of them today and he was telling me that he just had brekky with Justin Sherman and theres a 90% chance he'll be at Richmond next year as theres a 3 year deal on the table, i asked if it would be involving Polo and he just smiled, dont what that meant but he did say Polo wouldnt be at Richmond next year. I also asked about Mundy and Houli but he wasnt sure. I play cricket in Altona with Bashars cousins and all he told me on Thursday was that he wants to go to Richmond and they've been talking for two weeks, but that could just be conversation. My guess is:

OUTS: Thompson, McMahon, Tambling, Hislop, Roberts, Gilligan, Polo. Probably forgot a clown in there, plus our retirees.

GUESS TRADES: Sherman for Polo plus picks exchanged like our 3rd round for there 4th round.
Beau Dowler PSD

Pretty certain we'll get Houli, Dowler and Sherman dont know about Mundy, but anyway thats my info and my guess trades.

Interesting info. Have you heard any inside word on Dowler or is that just a guess?

Mundy = overrated. If we pay over the odds in terms of money and what we give Freo to pursue him, we are stuffed. Has had a good year I will concede, but geez, does not overly impress me. A bit slow and iffey kicking skills.

Beau Dowler PSD

you had me until you started trading foley.

No i havent, all i know is that Dimmas really interested in him and he will come cheap, hes not going to get a game in that forward line either. Would add to depth with JR, Nahas, Post, Griffiths, a resting ruckmen and co. I would rate him better than McKinnly, i think McKinnly is like Aaron Edwards one great game then ten crap games. Dowler has a great set of hands and kick and knows Dimma obviously

Yeah i love Axel to mate, missed him this season but have heard that Richmond would move him on if interest comes up. Freo love little on ballers like Ax. Just a guess that one though, youve gotta give something to get something, would love to have Ax and Mundy and move on Rance or Edwards or White but thats not going to happen unless we give up pick 6 and surely we're not that dumb.

Would love seeing Dowler in our side. Really think he has talent but has not got the chance to flourish at Hawks.

My thoughts to. If we are going to trade we need to make sure its for quality depth not for players like Hislop and Thompson etc. Would suit our forward line perfectly, and with Dimmas advice could possibly be anything. We all saw Jack this year and Mortons tranformation, this could be Dowler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys do realise that the reported 700k + for mundy is only for the first year in a front ended contract adding up to around 1.6 mil for 3 years, personally im all for going hell for leather to get Mundy! Ive wanted him at the club for years and id be dissapointed if we didnt atleast have a serious crack at him.

As for Sherman and Houli, aslong as they come relatively cheap then by all means im happy to have them.
If the rumour of McGuane to GC for pick 15 is true and eventuates then im happy for the club to trade our 2nd rounder to Bris or use it in the Mundy deal, Houli will come cheap as a 4th rounder or swap for Polo which is fine with me.
Dowler in the PSD if no-one else is around is ok i reckon too!

Need to remember that these guys are all in the right age bracket to hit thier peak in 2 - 3 years with the rest of our side.

Dimma has a type of player he wants at the club and if these guys fit the bill then i have faith in the Senior Coach to get the best out of these guys!

Not to mention whatever we get for Tambling is a bonus IMO

Aslong as pick 6 is untouched then i couldnt care less what they do with the rest of the picks!

You guys do realise that the reported 700k + for mundy is only for the first year in a front ended contract adding up to around 1.6 mil for 3 years, personally im all for going hell for leather to get Mundy! Ive wanted him at the club for years and id be dissapointed if we didnt atleast have a serious crack at him.

As for Sherman and Houli, aslong as they come relatively cheap then by all means im happy to have them.
If the rumour of McGuane to GC for pick 15 is true and eventuates then im happy for the club to trade our 2nd rounder to Bris or use it in the Mundy deal, Houli will come cheap as a 4th rounder or swap for Polo which is fine with me.
Dowler in the PSD if no-one else is around is ok i reckon too!

Need to remember that these guys are all in the right age bracket to hit thier peak in 2 - 3 years with the rest of our side.

Dimma has a type of player he wants at the club and if these guys fit the bill then i have faith in the Senior Coach to get the best out of these guys!

Ahhhhh two great minds think alike. But can absolutely tell you 100% that Luke Mcguane is locked in for two years, hes a good mate of mine and hes not going anywhere we've had several laughs about this rumour, hes in the GC now visiting family and then off to a holiday with some of the other boys to Hawaii. Definitley not going.

Beau Dowler PSD

You are closer than you think with this prediction;)

Ahhhhh two great minds think alike. But can absolutely tell you 100% that Luke Mcguane is locked in for two years, hes a good mate of mine and hes not going anywhere we've had several laughs about this rumour, hes in the GC now visiting family and then off to a holiday with some of the other boys to Hawaii. Definitley not going.

Interesting to hear. Probably a good thing as he is a heart and soul kind of player.

If we do the following I would be stoked:

Take Atley/Polec or Smith with pick 6. Also warming to Lynch

Trade Tambling and pick 28 for pick 15. Then on trade pick 15 plus a player (rance) for Mundy.

Then draft Beau Dowler or trade for him with a late pick.

Bachar Houli for Dean Polo

Draft a ruckman

Cotchin, deledio, Martin, Foley, Mundy, Atley, Morton is starting to have some serious midfield ability and will mean our midfield is complete. Then we have our second tier in Edwards, Jackson, Tuck.

Beau Dowler is definitley worth going for because he will come cheap has alot of talent and can play FF/CHF or as a backman. I would personally like to see him play FF/CHF with Jack and let Griffiths develop or play in the ruck.

Houli will add depth and may just be a steal.

GC has no pre-season picks. They can sign a certain number of players prior to the PSD, but the player has to agree to go.

Mundy = overrated. If we pay over the odds in terms of money and what we give Freo to pursue him, we are stuffed. Has had a good year I will concede, but geez, does not overly impress me. A bit slow and iffey kicking skills.
Mundy is a very good kick.

Same, especially with a second round pick thrown in. Foley has been a better player than Mundy over the stretch. Granted, his last two years have been ruined by injury but they're still the same age.

That's a shame.

For me, Big no for Mckinley. Bigger no for Houli,rubbish player. I don't really see the point in 1,Going for his type and 2,wouldn't trade a tambling for him under any circumstances.
tambling strikes me as a bloke who would burn the place alight in a good side,and with our future looking a lot better than it has for many a long day we mayaswell try for a return on our investment.
Keep him.
Polo for houli? maybe but why would anyone bother,same player in my opinion.
Mundy a yes obviously but only at a reasonable trade which wont happen.
Dowler if he costs us nothing is worth the punt.
Sherman is ok,but realistically Lions will want picks,so wont happen.
I dont expect us to do to much hopefully,Polo for houli is all I'd entertain and even that is just a token trade.

Interesting to hear. Probably a good thing as he is a heart and soul kind of player.

If we do the following I would be stoked:

Take Atley/Polec or Smith with pick 6. Also warming to Lynch

Trade Tambling and pick 28 for pick 15. Then on trade pick 15 plus a player (rance) for Mundy.

Then draft Beau Dowler or trade for him with a late pick.

Bachar Houli for Dean Polo

Draft a ruckman

Cotchin, deledio, Martin, Foley, Mundy, Atley, Morton is starting to have some serious midfield ability and will mean our midfield is complete. Then we have our second tier in Edwards, Jackson, Tuck.

Beau Dowler is definitley worth going for because he will come cheap has alot of talent and can play FF/CHF or as a backman. I would personally like to see him play FF/CHF with Jack and let Griffiths develop or play in the ruck.

Houli will add depth and may just be a steal.

Perfect scenario mate. Houli would be a perfect HF/HB good depth if Newma or Connors got injured and could play infront of white as a forward, he has a good left foot and is hard at it. Bombers blew that one if they lose him.

So i need to ask, if we were to listen all the rumours currently going around, would people be happy with a result of:

IN: Houli - OUT: 2nd round pick / Polo
IN:Sherman - OUT: 3rd round pick
IN: 2nd round pick - OUT: Tambling
IN: Dowler - PSD/Late round ND selection
IN: Mundy - OUT: 2nd round selction and player / PSD ( <--- not going to happen)

We Keep Pick 6 and gain 4 players that should be valuable players and only lose Tambling and Polo and a 2nd and 3rd round pick which we may still get in return with some pick swapping thrown in!
Worth considering IMO!

houli for polo .................its ok nothing special , a little bit of a sideways trade that could benefit both sides so nothing to lose but all ti gain :thumbsu:

Dowler ..................... intresting player very high pick that just hasnt clicked probably confidence shot, would be intrested but as most posters have said only & only if he is either pick 60+ 0r psd

Sherman .................... realistically only worth a 3rd round pick due to the large salary he is on doesnt have great disposal & isnt very composed, would be very dissapointed if pick 28 was used only depth player but workhorse

Mundy .................. way way too expensive for a player thats really only had 1 standout year not really A grade more B+ & need to question how effective he would be in a team that didnt include sandilands about par with foley atm , uncontracted wants to come to melbourne Rance+2nd rounder ''MAX'' but prefer to no take & keep rance for another year.

Rance .................. Only 20 yo kpp thats got balls of steel & big bodied
we all expect these kids to be ''guns'' from day 1. please guys just remember back to when Brian Lake was brian harris 4-5 years ago he wasnt that special these kids should be given untill 23-24 to prove themselfs

Tambling ...............stkilda,hawthorn,brisbane,westcoast plus a couple of other teams ARE INTRESTED !! unless its a pick in the top 30 DO NOT TRADE 24 yo tambling for pick 40 or 26 yo tambling for pick 50
at least we will know that it was given every chance & we wont die wondering. but i have a feeling sherman + 2nd pick for tambling+3rd might be on.

Mcguane , thurstfield , moore 1 of these must be traded preffrence mcguane or thursty to gc por picks if its 15 WOW FANTASTIC :thumbsu:

NAHAS WHITE JACKSON ................ if theres someone willing to cough up a 2nd rounder GRAB IT & RUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back