Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt this will be an issue. Looks unlikely we don't have a top 3 pick (and get a Vic mid) and if someone else slipped below us it's probably Adelaide who would take Draper.
With players coming back from injury I can see us winning about another 5 games before the end of the season providing we don't get another round if injuries or start to go the tank.

I'd think that Adelaide and Saints will also win at least 3 games each which should prevent them from dropping below us. I think we'll finish above West Coast though.

With players coming back from injury I can see us winning about another 5 games before the end of the season providing we don't get another round if injuries or start to go the tank.

I'd think that Adelaide and Saints will also win at least 3 games each which should prevent them from dropping below us. I think we'll finish above West Coast though.
Depends how long Lynch last for mine. But yeah pick 3 seems most likely. Probably gives us Jagga which is a good result for a bad year.

A solid step up for Sid who was one of SA's best in this game. He was back to somewhere near his explosive and damaging best, regularly surging away from opponents with attacking and direct play. His impact at stoppage is improving week by week and he was better able to run out the full game.

I'm putting his defensive work on watch though. He didn't look interested in chasing and his tackling pressure was non-existent.

Whats peoples thought on trading pick #2/#3 for Gold Coast 3 picks #8 , #11 , #20

Could get Trainer and the Twins and our KPP would be set

Go with mids for the other picks
No thanks. Give us the star mid. Trainer looked like the poo I dropped before. 😁

Whats peoples thought on trading pick #2/#3 for Gold Coast 3 picks #8 , #11 , #20

Could get Trainer and the Twins and our KPP would be set

Go with mids for the other picks
Keep the best pick and hopefully trade in picks later in the draft that allow us to still target KPP options.

I really didnt see a star mid tbh
Trainer had an average game but he will become a very very good player Gibcus/Brown like and having all 3 would be our defence set for a decade
Gibcus, Brown, Balta, Miller, Blight. I don't melt much but I would if we took KPD.

Posted this on the trade board too, we could set ourselves up without actually gutting the list. Losing Baker + one of Rioli or Bolton

We have Baker, Bolton, Rioli as potential currency to trade with the WA clubs and GC as potential suitors, plus a decent amount of points trade options with Brisbane and Carlton the most likely suitors.

If we play this well we can have the best draft hand in the league for this draft and set ourselves up nicely.

I think we lose one of Baker or Bolton, and it's most likely Baker given contract status, let's say that gets us pick 15.

I think there's a massive not spoken enough possibility that Dimma (who adores Rioli) chases him hard and Rioli (who adores Dimma) asks for a trade. GC always have a gluttony of young talent riches and I could see them comfortably overpaying and giving two firsts for Rioli in those circumstances.

Then we come to our late points picks which I believe we could bundle to either Brisbane or GC for another first rounder.

Without being too crazy, Richmond could then be hitting the draft with

Pick 2, Gold Coast R1 (Rioli) Brisbane R1 (Points trade), Freo R1 (Baker) then pick 22 our current R2.

+ GC F1 (Rioli trade)

We also have Freo's second so our first 6 picks could look as a rough guess (before compos and bids)

2, 6, 8, 15, 22, 25.

We really can set up our rebuild this year and next before Tassie come in if the club is switched on and nail this period, a hell of a lot quicker than it would usually take to get that young talent in to add to the current list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if the best KPF & KPD in the draft are at the 9-12 range
Mids you can always get later
We need help in all areas so for mine, we don't go playing games with the likely top 5 pick and we take the best available at that point.

With the rest of our draft hand and any potential trades, that is where we try and get into position to go after the better KPP options and we don't necessarily need to get the best KPP. There looks like there will be a group of KPPs that are of a similar level and we could get a couple of handy types if we play our cards right and Hartley can wheel and deal to get us into position and Toce can nail the selections.

Liam baker + Richmond’s future first

for pick 2 and 23.

and we take jagga smith and finn o'sullivan

Bundle up 23, 33, 40 for brisbanes pick of say 11

Net = jagga, O’Sullivan, pick 11, 22

Get it done

Posted this on the trade board too, we could set ourselves up without actually gutting the list. Losing Baker + one of Rioli or Bolton

We have Baker, Bolton, Rioli as potential currency to trade with the WA clubs and GC as potential suitors, plus a decent amount of points trade options with Brisbane and Carlton the most likely suitors.

If we play this well we can have the best draft hand in the league for this draft and set ourselves up nicely.

I think we lose one of Baker or Bolton, and it's most likely Baker given contract status, let's say that gets us pick 15.

I think there's a massive not spoken enough possibility that Dimma (who adores Rioli) chases him hard and Rioli (who adores Dimma) asks for a trade. GC always have a gluttony of young talent riches and I could see them comfortably overpaying and giving two firsts for Rioli in those circumstances.

Then we come to our late points picks which I believe we could bundle to either Brisbane or GC for another first rounder.

Without being too crazy, Richmond could then be hitting the draft with

Pick 2, Gold Coast R1 (Rioli) Brisbane R1 (Points trade), Freo R1 (Baker) then pick 22 our current R2.

+ GC F1 (Rioli trade)

We also have Freo's second so our first 6 picks could look as a rough guess (before compos and bids)

2, 6, 8, 15, 22, 25.

We really can set up our rebuild this year and next before Tassie come in if the club is switched on and nail this period, a hell of a lot quicker than it would usually take to get that young talent in to add to the current list.
While I don't mind this I posted on the weekend that I believe that Daniel and possibly Maurice will likely head to the Suns and we may lose someone like Graham or McIntosh to free agency, with a lot of retirements and a couple of delistings rounding out the list changes at the end of this year.

Our draft hand as it stands puts us in a good position to get that good haul of top end picks to replenish the list with more young talent to compliment the group that we've already got, while also keeping a strong experienced core to build the team around.

While I don't mind this I posted on the weekend that I believe that Daniel and possibly Maurice will likely head to the Suns and we may lose someone like Graham or McIntosh to free agency, with a lot of retirements and a couple of delistings rounding out the list changes at the end of this year.

Our draft hand as it stands puts us in a good position to get that good haul of top end picks to replenish the list with more young talent to compliment the group that we've already got, while also keeping a strong experienced core to build the team around.
I’ll be absolutely staggered if Dan or Maurice depart tigerland, almost zero possibility imo. And a lot of talk Baker will also stay.

Liam baker + Richmond’s future first

for pick 2 and 23.

and we take jagga smith and finn o'sullivan

Bundle up 23, 33, 40 for brisbanes pick of say 11

Net = jagga, O’Sullivan, pick 11, 22

Get it done
Looks good if Bakes was leaving but he ain’t

Back