List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckley said on Saturday night that we consider our backline settled. So if we're considering Jetta to play a different position I think Phillips is well within his rights to question why the club considers him expendable but is also considering trading in a bloke that's 10 years older than him for multiple years.
Don’t think there is any truth to Jetta

But 1 of our most Skillful Players

I like WHE - sometime a bit soft for me, but overall he's a medium level talent and his numbers below would support this. For the right deal though - and I suspect there is more at play here (freeing up salary cap)I would be ok with moving him on.

He has some talent, do will no doubt attract some interest as Aish did last year.

1602721091238.png

Jetta? An injury prone player who is basically cooked? A defender when we need mids and a KPF? SMH. Never change Collingwood...Never freaking change.

giphy.gif

He is not a contested marking forward is the biggest load of crock and I’m seriously over everyone going down that narrative.

Ive already bought this up but I’ll do it again.

Brown’s contested marking numbers
2016 - 49 (5th in the league)
2017 - 43 (7th in the league)
2018 - 36 (12th in the league)
2019 - 35 (15th in the league)

So he’s been top 15 in the league for contested marking at over 2 a game for the best part of 4 years. He’s played most of his games at Marvel.

His MCG record is very good and we play most of our games at the G where there’s loads of space to lead into. What is the issue?
Lmao don’t see Mason Cox kicking 180+ goals over 3 years. The disrespect to Ben Brown is both bemusing and appalling.

Blah Blah Blah...Silky if BB's such a beast of as forward WHY has he kicked 4 goals against us over the past 6 years? (in 8 games) Cox has done the same to North in half that many tries.

The only way Jetta makes any kind of sense to me is if it's 2 years on minimum coin and they're moving Maynard into the midfield full time. They might also see some benefit in Jetta being there as sort mentor to the likes of IQ, Noble and Bianco as they continue to develop more?
From that angle it makes sense, moving Maynard into the middle and replacing him with a smaller defender down back like Jetta will be far cheaper than hunting an external inside mid.

I guess for me if we got Jetta in and moved Maynard into the middle to save ourselves trade capital and salary cap to have a real crack at bring some A Grade forward talent I could be ok with that. I'd much rather try and find a cheaper option to improve our midfield rather than spending up in an area we've already spent so much in, and then bringing in some NQR forwards like we have in the past, and then wondering why they can't kick goals.

Jetta's a contested ball player. Bringing him in cheap is like bringing Roughie in. AND it allows Maynard or Crisp or even IQ or Noble to play elsewhere. I think its smart.

Blah Blah Blah...Silky if BB's such a beast of as forward WHY has he kicked 4 goals against us over the past 6 years? (in 8 games) Cox has done the same to North in half that many tries.

LOL you’re not serious are you?
We have a premiership level defence, and NM are a rabble? There’s your answer.

Not sure if you’re being serious or this was a genuine crack at satire but that was horrible.

I like Jetta classy player

Didn't someone on here say we had met with Brown 3 times?

Hmmm, I'm not as sure about Jetta. Had a fantastic year in 2017 but it was a slow build toward that performance and he wasn't as good in 2018. Last 2 seasons are injury interrupted so hard to gauge. I'd prefer we develop players like IQ, Noble and Bianco and target another kid in the draft if we're worried about our depth. Could also look to move Appleby back again in 2021 if he's retained. I also wonder if a kid like A2B2 could be trialed as a small defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL you’re not serious are you?
We have a premiership level defence, and NM are a rabble? There’s your answer.

Not sure if you’re being serious or this was a genuine crack at satire but that was horrible.

Cos we want to WIN games against gun teams who ALSO "have premiership level defences" and Ben's not too good against them.

For all those melting over Brown, do you honestly believe that North would unceremoniously chuck a 60 goal per year forward out the door, destroying his trade value in the process, if they though he was going to be capable of even getting close to back to his best form? North are a rabble but they’re not completely stupid. Even going in to a rebuild, with the strong likelihood of McDonald being drafted, you keep a guy like Brown for your next gen to learn from and to provide leadership. That is, unless you know he’s cooked and will be dead weight for the next 3-4 years.

Buckley said on Saturday night that we consider our backline settled. So if we're considering Jetta to play a different position I think Phillips is well within his rights to question why the club considers him expendable but is also considering trading in a bloke that's 10 years older than him for multiple years.

Because we played Phillips forward and it wasn't a point of difference. And he's not a back.

He's much more considerate in his decision making now. If you watch him closely you can see how many times he's looked for an initial option and then reconsidered and found a better one, particularly going inside 50. He also seems to me to have modified his kicking action slightly and appears to be at pains to watch it carefully onto his boot when he's in the clear. He's improved out of sight since he first came to the club.
I like the use of the word considerate, well considered choice of words, his job is not just getting hands on the ball it is using to the best of his ability and that's where the improvement has come.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back