Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also Matthew Lloyd has officially entered tosser territory, absolutely reaming us for losing “3” All Australians, and that they were all played out of position.

Entered? He’s lived there for at least a few years.

It still makes me smile remembering him nearly in tears in 2020 right on the trade deadline when word came through that Dunkley was staying and we also got Treloar

Saw that Fox Footy report. The actual writing sounded like a B- and at the end they just threw a D+ in. Tossers.

The AFL media are just lemmings. The narrative is that we've got rid of a couple of all Australians (doesn't matter how long ago that was and their current form) and an apparent 'gun' who last shone three years ago.

They don't look beyond the surface, the easy answer is we did s***. Performing seals. The line that we did poorly is what will get a reaction and that's what they want.

We got 17, 25 for Daniel and injected some midfield hardness with Kennedy
- nah facts don't matter. If we were Geelong, we would have been called 'bold and courageous', but we're not Geelong.

Geelong have many media simps to do their bidding and run their propaganda as we have seen, we don't.

There wasn't much we could do,

He was fine early days and you can't trade players against their will
We've lost Dunkley and Smith, both out of contract, entering their prime and the consensus being we got unders in terms of compensation for their abilities.

The idea that "No club is actually doing this better than anyone else" is head firmly planted in the sand stuff.
Looking at other clubs, other players have moved in their prime and done well, Jordan Russell moved from Sydney and improved, Lincoln McCarthy, Geelong to Brisbane, Rhys Stanley, St Kilda to Geelong. It happens to all clubs, this is not a Bulldogs thing.

Didn’t know the insta thing. Be interesting to know reasons down the track. But i don’t like the club pedestalling young players. I think the club has to look hard at what happened with Bailey Smith and Dunkley and do better. Not just with how it ended.
I agree the club needs to review why these players left, and do better. But the media was convinced we were going to lose Marra, English, Garcia and Busslinger, they all resigned. The glass is either half full or half empty.

Also Matthew Lloyd has officially entered tosser territory, absolutely reaming us for losing “3” All Australians, and that they were all played out of position.
Yeah well that seems a lot if you support Essendon, Bulldogs not so much.

I can’t believe the lack of footy experts who can’t clearly see that Macrae and Daniel needed to be moved on in order for us to keep moving forward with the speed of the game.

As for Smith, I lost all sympathy for him when he sat with Cats players and Cotton on at the Geelong final, despite Connors reputedly telling him not to, it’s a selfish, over-entitled, disloyal thing to do, and tells you all you need to know about Smith, I don’t think I have ever seen another player do that.

I haven't either.

In a strange sort of way that reminds me of sitting with my housemate watching a Larry David Curb Your Enthusiasm episode when something happens, and one of us turns to the other and says no good will come of this. And it doesn't.

What you posted was an extraordinary thing for Smith to do, and apparently totally contrary to his manager's instructions and/or advice.

Sorry Cats fans, I think no good will come of this trade for Geelong.

some have said that the club has to review why the 3 all australians left in the last 2 years or so

Mcrae - over the hill already (simply slow and yes will pick out and occasional lead into the 50m area but on so many occasions over the last few years when a good kick is needed simply skys it into the air. Speed and disposal not that good anymore.

CD - always too limited aerially, exposed time and time and time again. This should have happened earlier and this contract for me was a real problem.

Dunkley-Smith : some people no matter how much you care protect and nurture them are simply campaigners end of story.

review over

Now lets get on with making the top 4 in 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back