Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also the Crows getting Neal-Bullen for the same pick they got for trading Shane McAdam is an absolute fleecing. McAdam still has two years left on his deal with the Dees.

We say that but its is clear as day that Vanders will always play if fit, form be damned.
That's not to say that we don't identify the fact that we have to play him as a weakness, just that there's always going to have to be a role for a player who is capable of doing x repeat sprints per game.

In other words, if we had somehow found a way to draft Darcy Wilson as a first year player (one of the rare players who outdid Vandermeer in repeat sprints stats, despite his age), even though Darcy Wilson was not an outstanding footballer, how many games would have Vandermeer gotten?

It's more of a reflection of a lack of talent of players who are vaguely similar to Vandermeer, rather than a desire to rate Vandermeer illogically. He's unique, not overrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love for Power to go back to law for a day just to stare down and prosecute Morris in the dock (who I just assume will end up in court one day for saying something stupid/offensive again).

For 4 years he'd want to be training with Usain Bolt.

4 years makes me nervous

"possessing a combination of speed and endurance" is about all you need to know to understand why we are targeting him, although I think he might be more of a small forward option for us? i.e. that VDM/McSteal replacement that people have been clamouring for?

Also the Crows getting Neal-Bullen for the same pick they got for trading Shane McAdam is an absolute fleecing. McAdam still has two years left on his deal with the Dees.
Adelaide have actually been a decently run team since they moved on from power stance Burton era, it's just that they're still paying for their sins for so many horrible first round draft pick selections

Couldn’t care less about one year extra or less in contract length. People were quibbling over how many years we offered Bailey Williams. They probably couldn’t say off the top of their heads how many years he has left now.

GWS have a deep midfield and collection of flankers and wings. They drafted Phoenix Gothard at 12 last year and he was better than our small forwards at VFL level and didn’t play a game. Our flankers and wings are ordinary. O’Halloran would be best 23 for us immediately. As long as we avoid a big overpay on trade price I hope we get it done.

*No doubt we’re angling to turn what we get for Macrae into O’Halloran. Better fit and cheaper.
stats wise Gothard was pretty much same as Clarke though Gothard played higher and spent time in midfield. I’m huge Gothard fan. Loves to tackle. I think we should have Chased him. he is behind on the pecking order at giants

all the take of PSD, time for the daily reminder that if it came to it Smith would walk to the national draft. Not the PSD where nobody would go near him with a first rounder and he would get drafted to Geelong using their first

For what it would take to get Houston, I would avoid.

Although a good player in prime age, he’s far from the type of player we need.

Young mids and pacy forward half players should be the priority.
Agree with this, no significant difference between he and Dale and I don’t think it’s a good use of resources to have big money tied up in two half back distributors when we get good enough output out of a cheap as chips Bramble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back