Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm far from convinced about it stinging with many of them.
Not just Marra, but lack of effort, desperation, heart, readiness and ability from so many was gut-wrenching.
There was more pain in the crowd than from many of the players.

Sorry to have responded so long after your post, I'm just catching up after being in shell-shock from Friday night and not reading much BF until today..

Oh and a big shout out to the flog sitting in front of us wearing a Dog's top. In the last quarter when the Hawks were home safe he stands up rips the top off to show a Hawk's guernsey underneath and double cobra's in everyone's face like he'd just kicked the winning goal after the siren. They're really are gunna be a painful supporter group AGAIN !!
I think it still hurts that we knocked them out in 2016, with Bont making Hodge look old and Libba and co being the new young team. Swings and roundabouts we will get them back one day.

So you shift him. You play him down forward, relief ruck, whatever, or you trade him. I don't care, but he cannot be our main ruck going forward.

No softly softly approach with English or anyone else now, perform or you're out. We've had to concede the ruck because English has no presence and can't win the contest, those chickens came home to roost on Friday night.

I fear we have backed Timmy in from a long time ago when he had a monopoly on the ruck position.

I agree with all that you say but like I have said seems Bev and Co believe this is the type of ruck is best for our side.

Give me a Wynd and or Minson type I think our midfield would be very different.

Mids need a Grunt ruck

With regards to trading Baz, if as the unreliable media reports are right and Geelong has been in his ear since last year then…
if they make the player ask for a trade to Geelong they need to make fair compensation, picks 16, 17 or 18 is not fair compensation. Half of Geelong’s list is made up of players from other clubs, the PR from haggling and not providing fair compensation is not a good look. Geelong in the past were quite fair, until Mackie took over, but I think they have taken Mackie out of the list management role recently, perhaps the Geelong lurkers who seem to be living on our board recently can comment on this.

Players, unless they are really pissed off with their club want their previous club fairly compensated. Bevo has stated that his relationship with Baz is still strong so that is not the issue, Bevo has always protected his players, Baz included.

Secondly Power has already thrown down the gauntlet and said two firsts, he didn’t budge with Dunkley to Essendon and I can’t see him accepting a miserable first here.

I think we will lose some players to other trades this year, and I hope we use these picks to trade up in the draft and get some midfielders in, our midfield looked old on Friday night.
I'm actually not sure it's completely clear who our list manager is. Mackie took over as General Manager but they've never really announced a replacement - I'm thinking Mackie still may be doing this. It was rumoured he met with Robbie Dorazio not too long go.
I wasn't a fan of Mackie's harder approach. I've feared he could ruin future deals for us by burning other list managers. It previously served us well to maintain good relationships but it's becoming a more dog eat dog industry.
It seems more and more that player managers are the ones dictating things and the ones you need to keep onside.

Sucks to see him go, but we’ve had a year to prepare for his departure and the emergence of Ed makes it easier to swallow. Lots of promising midfielders in this years draft pool, we should be okay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it’s horrible.

But it can be both horrible and also not be the clubs fault.

Have to take responsibility & own it otherwise we can't improve.

Hawks rolled up, Geelong into another prelim & they're already improving for next year.

We have to get better across the board.

Have to take responsibility & own it otherwise we can't improve.

Hawks rolled up, Geelong into another prelim & they're already improving for next year.

We have to get better across the board.
Of course. I don’t blame the club for players like Dunkley and Smith leaving. Not whilst we’ve retained pretty much everyone else who is best 22 and was out of contract.

Last edited:
Should’ve pissed him off last year - at least he’d have currency

Sam power has stuffed up again

Signing English was wrong

Stuffed up Dunkley also

And stuffed up sanders trade deal - massive overs

I’d move sam power also

Losing Dunks and Smith two blokes lauded for their intense training ethic is a travesty for the club. Yes his had a patchy two years since the Granny but he was still so young and could easily get back to his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back