Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be more pissed about our club and the position we are in than a player from another club commenting on it.

It’s not the other club or their players fault we are a bit of a joke in the competition atm. Blind Freddy could see we needed change at the end of last year. Ran a comical review and then due to media pressure paid an external to come in and tick off our review and planned steps. The key word there PAID.

We need to get our internal stuff sorted and have some heads role.

Our issue is going to be at the end of this year we need some players of value to leave to get assets to fix our deficiencies, a second and third rounder won’t fix much and that’s all we have without reaching into next years picks

I doubt we get an early second rounder for Macrae. Daniel is unlikely to get even a third rounder….

We overvalue our own players and these two really need new opportunities elsewhere.

I come in peace, and honestly don't mean to sound like a vulture, but...

Isn't Daniel on $750K+ for the last 2 years of his contract?

Could be an opportunity for the Bulldogs to offload that entire contract if there's a need to free up cap space in the coming years, but if that's the case it's sounding ominously similar to the Jack Bowes deal...(albeit Bowes doesn't come with the same Pedigree as Daniel... and Bulldogs aren't morons like GC)

Similar age, Same $$ & years left on contract, both playing local leagues.... GC gave Geelong Pick 7 to offload that whole contract.... now i'm not saying the same thing would happen, but if Crows were covering that entire contract, for a player not getting a game in the seniors, and he elects the Crows, and Bulldogs need the cap space...

The longer Daniel stays in the VFL the worse the trade outcome I think.

Could be an opportunity for the Bulldogs to offload that entire contract if there's a need to free up cap space in the coming years, but if that's the case it's sounding ominously similar to the Jack Bowes deal...(albeit Bowes doesn't come with the same Pedigree as Daniel... and Bulldogs aren't morons like GC)

Similar age, Same $$ & years left on contract, both playing local leagues.... GC gave Geelong Pick 7 to offload that whole contract.... now i'm not saying the same thing would happen, but if Crows were covering that entire contract, for a player not getting a game in the seniors, and he elects the Crows, and Bulldogs need the cap space...

Bowes was an insanely overpaid plodder, it’s a laughable comparison.

Leaving aside the content, it's an interesting development, facilitated by what might be called 'democratised media', that footballers are now both a player and a commentator/news breaker

Would be a case of softening the contract over an extra year.
Also need to remember 700k isn't what it was two years ago, the extra salary cap makes it not the high contract it once was and is now only above average.

Gold Coasts salary cap was in an impressively bad position. It wasn’t all about Bowes being a bad contract, it was the fact their cap was beyond ****ed and moving Bowes provides the relief they needed. They also had a number of academy picks coming their way in the following years, so giving up that pick with Bowes was not as big a deal for them (in addition to the fact they’re just so poorly run).

The Dogs don’t have that kind of motivation to move Daniel’s contract. He’s a professional, and we’ve seen Dales form pick up massively after a shaky start to the season. If Daniel is traded, there wouldn’t be anything going out with him, he’d just be traded for peanuts. I don’t think anybody here is under any delusions around his trade price - he wouldn’t fetch better than a third rounder at the current rate

I’d be more pissed about our club and the position we are in than a player from another club commenting on it.

It’s not the other club or their players fault we are a bit of a joke in the competition atm. Blind Freddy could see we needed change at the end of last year. Ran a comical review and then due to media pressure paid an external to come in and tick off our review and planned steps. The key word there PAID.

We need to get our internal stuff sorted and have some heads role.

Our issue is going to be at the end of this year we need some players of value to leave to get assets to fix our deficiencies, a second and third rounder won’t fix much and that’s all we have without reaching into next years picks

Make no mistake, I’m far from comfortable with where our club is at and I think the fact it’s being discussed in public by an opposition player just compounds the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I believe the Suns’ cap was bursting though, which isn’t the case for us.

I can’t see us including a pick to move him on but I can certainly see it getting done for a late token pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So....like the Treloar trade where Pies still covered a large portion of his salary?
Treloar is different aswell because it was done last minute and was only the Bulldogs who were a trade option.
It is likely to be done for a future 3rd and the contract spread over 3 years.

So....like the Treloar trade where Pies still covered a large portion of his salary?
Pies were about to breach the cap and it got down to the last few minutes of trade period. If they didn’t pull the trigger, they’d be fined and lose draft picks for the cap breaches. We had them by the balls, and tightened the vice in that last 5 minutes.

Thought I’d better listen to the audio if I’m going to make comment! Won’t be listening to that garbage again. Blokes who think they’re funny talking over the top of each other. Draper should stick to his own mob that haven’t won a final in the age of colour television. That being said, we need to sort a lot out at WO and do it soon.

Im not sure that anybody should take anything that the Essendon buffoon says seriously.

Of course this imbeciles comment will be picked up on for the rest of the imbeciles in the media. They will launder it through their legitimate outlets thus giving the comment an air of legitimacy that it doesn't deserve.

Im not sure that anybody should take anything that the Essendon buffoon says seriously.

Of course this imbeciles comment will be picked up on for the rest of the imbeciles in the media. They will launder it through their legitimate outlets thus giving the comment an air of legitimacy that it doesn't deserve.

Highly doubt both clubs are going to be very pleased.

Draper's a crap footballer but nothing he said was out of line. Bombers would be furious at him but.

Genuine question and not meant in an argumentative way but what would have pushed his comments into the ‘out of line’ category? If they weren’t out of line why would his club be furious at him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back