Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Langdon like most players will make mistakes, which shows up more clearly in the back line, but there does seem to be a over reaction to his mistakes though.

A couple of his usual brain fart moments, which we've come to expect but, he was fantastic tonight, really stood up in the last and is having a very good season. Get him signed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game again tonight but I have to agree with his own assessment in one of the articles above.

"I haven't been doing much differently". He is pretty much tracking the path I always thought he was but is getting more noticed perhaps with the senior players dropping around him.

Great game again tonight but I have to agree with his own assessment in one of the articles above.

"I haven't been doing much differently". He is pretty much tracking the path I always thought he was but is getting more noticed perhaps with the senior players dropping around him.
Disagree. He has really improved and stepped up this year. He is defending his man much better this year and has shown he can take a tall. He is moving the ball on much faster than he used to and not killing rebound momentum like he did. Most significant of all... he is not making anywhere near as many Clangers anymore and has transformed himslef into a player we can have confidence in when he has ball in hand.

Disagree. He has really improved and stepped up this year. He is defending his man much better this year and has shown he can take a tall. He is moving the ball on much faster than he used to and not killing rebound momentum like he did. Most significant of all... he is not making anywhere near as many Clangers anymore and has transformed himslef into a player we can have confidence in when he has ball in hand.
Not disputing he hasn't improved this year but the improvement is on the trajectory I would have anticipated. I think the faults you list above were always overstated. Still these are only opinions and I rated him much more highly than most previously hence less surprised he is playing at the level he is this year.

Not disputing he hasn't improved this year but the improvement is on the trajectory I would have anticipated. I think the faults you list above were always overstated. Still these are only opinions and I rated him much more highly than most previously hence less surprised he is playing at the level he is this year.
I guess some like to call things as they see it at the time not as they might anticipate it in the future. His good attributes and potential has always been apparent to me as well; but that didn't excuse him from criticism for all the other "stuff" he needed to improve if he was to become the player we want him to be. At times he was just an absolute mess of a defender.

I think his languid style has been responsible for the over-attention on negative aspects of his game. Players with a unique style to their game just stand out more when things aren't going well for them.

He’s probably overrating himself.
Not sure he’s best 22 if we had a clean bill of health.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/15/report-collingwood-defender-could-be-on-the-move/
Classic SEN. I thought the sensationalism from the Hun was bad but Hutchy knows how to turn it up.

Normal contract negotiations are going on but SEN runs with "Langdon may be on the move," while at the same time not offering any new insights of their own. Literally just quoting from the original Hun article.

I think Langdon will stay, and I think it's his management that are holding out, not him. We know how highly Bucks rates him, so I doubt we'd be lowballing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Tom Langdon (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back