Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is about Barrass.

Imo, the Hawks can't threaten for a flag without a gun key defender.

This is why you need someone like Barrass.

Do you honestly think you can rely on Frost?

Tell us you haven’t watched a Hawks game in 2024, without telling us you haven’t watched a Hawks game.

Frosty has done really well the last couple of years. Our back half has gelled really nicely.

We have Blanck and McCabe also, who’s no Barrass yet. But if one of them can break even with there opponent it leaves Sicily and Scrimshaw to do Josh Gibson acts.

Barrass would be nice but not the end of our season if it don’t work out.

The Hawks can honestly tell Barrass they tried to obtain his services at a price they considered fair for all.

Personally I think it will end be the Carlton picks that seals the deal.

On the other hand if all else fails a really nice draft hand in 2025 for us before Tassie hits the AFL. Could really set us up for long term success.

Tell us you haven’t watched a Hawks game in 2024, without telling us you haven’t watched a Hawks game.

Frosty has done really well the last couple of years. Our back half has gelled really nicely.

We have Blanck and McCabe also, who’s no Barrass yet. But if one of them can break even with there opponent it leaves Sicily and Scrimshaw to do Josh Gibson acts.

The Hawks can honestly tell Barrass they tried to obtain his services at a price they considered fair for all.

On the other hand if all else fails a really nice draft hand in 2025 for us before Tassie hits the AFL. Could really set us up for long term success.

Blanck won’t be playing at AFL next season. He’s had major complications post ACL surgery. He’s still limping and has lost a stack of weight.

Will McCabe looks promising but will be lucky to play 1-2 AFL games next season. He’s still far too raw. Need’s 2-3 pre-seasons before he’s playing consistently at AFL level. He lost the majority of last season due to stress fractures in his back. That’s not a good sign for someone his age.

Frosty was brilliant this season but is approaching the end of his career. He also suffered a serious foot injury against the Dogs, an injury he has a history with.

Jesse hogan’s game against us shows we need a Barrass type and the reason we’ve been targeting him for a long time. The same reason we went all in on Ben mcckay last season.

Barrass is a must and I would be surprised if the trade did not happen. We are not the type of club to turn our backs on someone we committed to a long time ago. It would be a shocking thing to do and would put future player targets off coming to our club.

Blanck won’t be playing at AFL next season. He’s had major complications post ACL surgery. He’s still limping and has lost a stack of weight.

Will McCabe looks promising but will be lucky to play 1-2 AFL games next season. He’s still far too raw. Need’s 2-3 pre-seasons before he’s playing consistently at AFL level. He lost the majority of last season due to stress fractures in his back. That’s not a good sign for someone his age.

Frosty was brilliant this season but is approaching the end of his career. He also suffered a serious foot injury against the Dogs, an injury he has a history with.

Jesse hogan’s game against us shows we need a Barrass type and the reason we’ve been targeting him for a long time. The same reason we went all in on Ben mcckay last season.

Barrass is a must and I would be surprised if the trade did not happen. We are not the type of club to turn our backs on someone we committed to a long time ago. It would be a shocking thing to do and would put future player targets off coming to our club.

Recent reports on Blanck appears positive and looks like he is back on track.

McCabe was rated more likely to debut in 2024 than Dear. Calsher shows anything is possible with the right attitude.

I do not believe walking away from the Barrass deal having tried our best to obtain a fair deal will hurt us at all. In saying that I feel the blues F1 and F2 will get the deal done.

McCabe was rated more likely to debut in 2024 than Dear. Calsher shows anything is possible with the right attitude.
As much as you guys rate McCabe, he will still not be ready to handle a KPD role for at least 2-3 more years, thats normal for a kid as they dont have the muscle or body mass for it, its nothing to do with natural ability. Maybe as a 3rd defender, but you already have Sicily and Battle now who are more suited to that.
Blanck has question marks, and Frost is getting older and has his limitations.
By the time McCabe is ready, Sicily will be finishing up. Barrass is working on a simialr timeframe to Sicily, being 10 months younger.

Barrass fills the gap until McCabe is actually ready for those few years, and opens your premiership window now.

With Dear, its a lot easier to bring a young KPF in than it is to bring in a young KPD.
I do not believe walking away from the Barrass deal having tried our best to obtain a fair deal will hurt us at all. In saying that I feel the blues F1 and F2 will get the deal done.
Walking away from Barrass absolutely hurts you, youd have wasted a lot of time and energy from not only the Eagles and Hawks list managers, but also Barrass' manager who manages a lot of players.
Why would any prospective recruit place any faith in you guys if you change your mind last minute on a guy youve been wooing for months?

I wouldnt be surprised if you guys have changed your mind and are trying to save a bit of face by offering what you know is unders. Going all in for Battle and Barrass, so youd have at least one in case one of them changed their mind.

Battle has kicked 4 goals in 3 years. Real swingman

Was a forward as a junior.

Hardwick had kicked 3 goals in the last 4 years. He kicked 13 this year.

Not sure what your point is.

Welcome back Bradley
My man

I'm actually surprised you're chasing Barrass so hard. With Frost and Battle and then with the you players in McCabe and Blanck, it just seems strange to also target Barrass. I would have thought Battle could fill the gap.

I know Frost is 31 and closer to the end of his career, but Barrass is 29 and not that far behind.

Is that so?
It is. Especially a future pick from Carlton or hawthorn that could both finish top 4 in a much weaker draft. West coast need a pick in the teens this draft to get baker done. Freo waiting patiently with their 3 firsts for baker and Bolton.
Hawks really ****ed the eagles with their pick swap with the blues.

Only just ran on the alter-G treadmill for the first time last week. A long way to go yet unfortunately.

So basically this happened

Mitchell flies to W.A rocks up at Barrass house

Mitchell - “Yeah look we don’t really need you but wouldn’t mind if you come. We will just offer Eagles massive unders and if they don’t accept it we can just run with Sam Frist anyway”
Barrass - “Sign me up Sammy, let’s shake on it, don’t shake too hard, you may hurt my back”

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back