Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a dick move to promise someone a contract upgrade only to not offer it, allow them to say their goodbyes at bnf, only to ask for unreasonable picks that are overs for said player to prevent a trade.

People act in good faith, you don't take advantage of it.
Unreasonable to ask for overs for a contracted player you want to keep.....

Hawks fans are hilarious 😂

Unreasonable to ask for overs for a contracted player you want to keep.....

Hawks fans are hilarious 😂
Can you look in the mirror and say that without laughing ?

Its easy to keep Barrass just give him what was promised by your previous administration
$100k

Can you look in the mirror and say that without laughing ?

Its easy to keep Barrass just give him what was promised by your previous administration
$100k
We don't have to though? He has a 3 year contract.

Surely by now you can grasp this very simple concept, right?

I'm guessing Hawks knew we need(ed) pick 14 for Baker and took advantage of it by lowballing us.

If we do have to downgrade pick 3 to satisfy Richmond whoever we deal with will lowball us too for the same reason.

If we want to deal with Carlton, for example, they will 100% demand a second rounder to go with pick 3.

Add in freo saying yesterday they have picks on the table for Baker. Clearly an ploy for us to pay more for him.

Been a pretty shitty trade period so far.

I'm guessing Hawks knew we need(ed) pick 14 for Baker and took advantage of it by lowballing us.

If we do have to downgrade pick 3 to satisfy Richmond whoever we deal with will lowball us too for the same reason.

Literally nothing's happened other than WC rejecting some offers so far

WE 👏 HAVEN'T 👏 DONE 👏 ANYTHING 👏 YET 👏

Its cool tho I am happy that we seem to be fighting back, under the old admin we'd have rolled over and taken unders for Barrass and paid overs for Baker. Clubs have treated us as an easy lay for way too long and I genuinely hope we keep Barrass and let Baker go if appropriate deals cant be done. That's how we'll know that things have really changed.

Its cool tho I am happy that we seem to be fighting back, under the old admin we'd have rolled over and taken unders for Barrass and paid overs for Baker. Clubs have treated us as an easy lay for way too long and I genuinely hope we keep Barrass and let Baker go if appropriate deals cant be done. That's how we'll know that things have really changed.
Same same for Hawks. I was so glad MM called the bluff and moved 14 on instead of waiting for another 3 days to hear from WCE after waiting 5 days.

I genuinely hope let Barass go if appropriate deals cant be done. That's how we'll know that things have really changed & clubs can't treat us as easy beats at trade table as they did over last 4-5 years.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Same same for Hawks. I was so glad MM called the bluff and moved 14 on instead of waiting for another 3 days to hear from WCE after waiting 5 days.

I genuinely hope let Barass go if appropriate deals cant be done. That's how we'll know that things have really changed & clubs can't treat us as easy beats at trade table as they did over last 4-5 years.
No, instead you'll become a club that makes promises to players and then can't land them.

I guess FA will be your only avenue to bring in outside talent from other clubs moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine not being able to close a deal and now you have to give up pick 3 for… checks notes…. LIAM BAKER 😂 😂 😂

Don't believe everything u read. Invested parties add names to boost the price

Yea well said
Don't think the Hawks are trying to get back in the first round of the draft does not make sense
Trading 14 out has actually made things better for WCE
What we get for Barrass wont be used on Baker.
Baker should go to Freo
Or bite the bullet and nominate PSD
We get him for free or Richmond get him back for one year
If Richmond pick him up again signs for one year and becomes unrestricted free agent at end of that year
Everyone wins then
Seriously don't understand Richmond's desperate need to screw over WCE for the Baker trade
It seems they really want to get way overs for a out of contract player worth a pick in the 25 to 30 range normally

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back