Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. North for bottom 6 next year if Goldy leaves.

West Coast wouldn't have the cap room to get him though surely. Freo should be looking to steal this - they have the picks, need for a ruckman (with Sandi on his last legs) and probably the cap space.

Whats the point of getting a gun ruckman in his prime if you have just started a rebuilding phase?

While it may suit North and Freo I am not sure its in Goldsteins best interest.

As for WC I don't think we can afford him.

I reckon if it was to happen lycett would have to be involved as once NN gets back lycett has almost no value to wc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 and Duggan would be my starting point. Can't see it though.

giphy.gif

It hurts other areas of your team. Look at Sydney now with their forwards taking up all the money. They are losing players. History shows you dont need superstar ruckmen to win a premiership too. Definitely not 2 of them.
Does it?

You need fit ruckmen. It doesn't matter what position a player plays in, what matters is contribution. Goldstein is a match winner. Clearances and goals.

Sure, he may be down on form, but he provides genuine quality. I don't know if the rumor has merit, but both he and NN offer a lot and 12% of cap space tied up in players of that quality is hardly an issue.

Better 6-700k to Goldstein than a player not in WC best 22.

BTW it hasn't hurt Sydney.

Exactly. Neither side would be happy with the trade, a bizarre rumour.

Crap like "12 and McKenzie" is ridiculous though. It would take 12 and a good player/prospect as an absolute minimum. If you're after Goldy then you're clearly all in for next year so you would probably pay that price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Back