Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair chance of this happening methinks.
<SNIP>
If all they ever had to trade was White and their first rounder, they should have known right at the start that this would not be an acceptable trade.
I like the theory that blucher sold sydney on a 'clause' to send tippett back to gc for a 'reasonable trade' and that as its not a QL side the crows said garngedfugged and they didnt anticipate having to give away anything more and now are having second thoughts. by sticking to a deal that the crows wont accept they get out of it without actually having to withdraw their offer to Tippett

Mate
I did quite a lot of furniture removals to pay my way through Uni (long time before hex).
A crew for even a big job would only be 3 men, 4 for a really huge job.
He will hardly be invisible from your post...

Mate, this company is huge...I never even said my mate works here in Adelaide or was part of the team that packed his house up. Could be admin, could be in legal, could be a manager, could be a removalist, could be part of the cleaning team that clean the house after removal (if the company is big enough this can be included in the quote for removal), could be part of any of these areas either hear or in Sydney.

Relax, no one is getting identified unless I send the text on. Jesus people.

I did quite a lot of furniture removals to pay my way through Uni (long time before hex).
A crew for even a big job would only be 3 men, 4 for a really huge job.
He will hardly be invisible from your post...
if the photo was of a piece of paperwork could have been anyone in the office, for a larger mover could be any of hundreds of people

You can choose to believe this or not, at the end of the day I won't care either way but here is some info I received over the weekend.

Tippett's house here in Adelaide has been packed up and the contents arrived in Sydney last week to A house he has either bought or rented. How do I know this? My mate who works for the removal company showed me a copy of the consignment note. He txt me and I called him on it so he photographed the paperwork on his phone and txt it to me as proof. It had both his Adelaide and Sydney address. Before you ask...Yes, he is aware he could be fired & yes, he doesn't think sometimes before he acts. All of this was after being forced to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of being contracted to carry out the move.
It seems as if Tippett will be in Sydney next year.

Did your mate leave a card?..The way things are going trade wise...he might get repeat business in the next week or so..

Good thing that the Swans get the extra 9.8%....Seems they'll need it to pay the rent on that Sydney property while Kurt plays elsewhere...

I heard elsewhere that the booking for the removalist was made 2 weeks before the Hawks game. I haven't raised it because it was 5th hand and I didn't know if it was bullshit. Pity your mate has signed that agreement, would be interesting to know.

Round about the time the house purchase happened if my recall is correct... and before the Sydney game... and as I've said before this stinks to high hell and warrants a formal investigation.

Or else what ? you will go running to your mods and have a howl and get me carded ? You think the Swans are getting a bad reputation the way are handling this trade. What about the reputation of this board.

Yes, because the reputation of a teams forum board on BigFooty, is of equal importance to the actual clubs trading reputation in the real world. Nice comparison, genius.

If a deal cannot be reached between Sydney and Adelaide by the trade deadline this friday and Adelaide put him in the national draft, Sydney would be too scared to draft Tippet as Adelaide would be so annoyed that they lost him for nothing to the team they could have made a deal with.
Can't agree with this. If Tippett is still there, then Sydney will definitely pounce. It's a big IF though - my money is that he'd get snapped up by another club.

I like the theory that blucher sold sydney on a 'clause' to send tippett back to gc for a 'reasonable trade' and that as its not a QL side the crows said garngedfugged and they didnt anticipate having to give away anything more and now are having second thoughts. by sticking to a deal that the crows wont accept they get out of it without actually having to withdraw their offer to Tippett

This actually makes so much sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if it also meant they can't afford to pay him through the PSD without backloading his contract as they were probably anticipating this would be signed off in week 1, followed by a boozefest at Kurt's house for 3 weeks. BYO, Kurt's not buying.

I think it's pretty clear there are three outcomes out of this saga:
1) Adelaide bend over and accept Pick 23 and White
2) Another club intervenes in the next few days and offers Adelaide something which is better than the one listed above
3) Tippett goes in the PSD

I honestly can't see the us changing our offer. We clearly value our premiership side (+Rohan/Mitchell/McGlynn) over having Tippett in the side.

Go away

Adelaide can control which draft Tippett nominates for by their timing of "deleting" him from the list. If they delist him by first list lodgement, it gives Tippett enough time to nominate for the National Draft if he chooses to or chose against nominating for the preseason draft.

Alternatively, if Adelaide do not "delete" him from their list until the 2nd deadline, then he cannot nominate for the national draft and can only nominate for the preseason draft.

So I guess technically, if it comes to it, Tippett can chose not to nominate for National Draft and instead nominate for Pre-season draft, provided Adelaide remove him from their list by the first list lodgement deadline.
No.. Adelaide have no control over which draft Tippett nominates for. He has his choice of drafts - National or Pre-Season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

new addition to the thread rules

The phrase 'send kurt to the PSD' shall henceforce be read as 'Tippett will be delisted and can please himself as to what he does from then on'

Sorry I don't mean to press this point, but you do realise that you are in Adelaide right? A-D-E-L-A-I-D-E. You'll never see Kizza in the three colours, unless he is playing for South Sydney Roosters. The great Micky O was from Adelaide once, he became great playing in Sydney.
Are you back? Thought you found some greener grass on your own board... Micky O would've been great had he been picked up by any club.

<b>stu0411 said: </b><br />iT WAS<br /><br /> <br />It was made prior to the Hawks game, I can confirm that.
<br />2 weeks before the Hawks game was the Sydney game. The plot thickens. In all seriousness if that was the case the guy is a ******* arseh*le who strung us up. Has there been a bigger prick play for our club?
Or any club for that matter

Ok so to sum up the past few pages:

You can choose to believe this or not, at the end of the day I won't care either way but here is some info I received over the weekend.

Tippett's house here in Adelaide has been packed up and the contents arrived in Sydney last week to A house he has either bought or rented. How do I know this? My mate who works for the removal company showed me a copy of the consignment note. He txt me and I called him on it so he photographed the paperwork on his phone and txt it to me as proof. It had both his Adelaide and Sydney address. Before you ask...Yes, he is aware he could be fired & yes, he doesn't think sometimes before he acts. All of this was after being forced to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of being contracted to carry out the move.

It seems as if Tippett will be in Sydney next year.

I heard elsewhere that the booking for the removalist was made 2 weeks before the Hawks game. I haven't raised it because it was 5th hand and I didn't know if it was bullshit. Pity your mate has signed that agreement, would be interesting to know.

It was made prior to the Hawks game, I can confirm that.

2 weeks before the Hawks game?! We were playing the Swans that weekend and Kurt played terribly.

Based on SpeciousArgument's theory which I have added to:

Blucher sold Tippett to Sydney based on the clause in Tippett's contract saying that he would be traded for a second round pick. Sydney have then offered us a better trade to make it look like good faith but what they were doing was easing their salary cap by dumping White and backloading Tippett's contract. Adelaide have since called them on it and said um, that was only if he was going home and he's not so give us some of your shinies thanks. Sydney can't do anything because nobody wants White so they are just stalling, hoping the Crows take it because in the PSD they can't secure Tippett.

Surely the AFL can step in or put in an arbitrator to sort this out now. This sounds extremely dodgy. Especially the ties between the Swans and Velocity Sports.

Are you back? Thought you found some greener grass on your own board... Micky O would've been great had he been picked up by any club.
I love Adelaide. Don't get me wrong. Some of my best friends have been to Adelaide. Your man Clay Monk, if that is his real name, keeps throwing up hypothetical deals where he throws up chaff for a contracted player. Everyone knows that you only throw chaff for an uncontracted, seriously cheesed off player who is determined to come to your club.

And who knows, 23 could be another Zaharakis, and White could be better than Tippett. It's in the hands of the Gods and the city of churches.

I love Adelaide. Don't get me wrong. Some of my best friends have been to Adelaide. Your man Clay Monk, if that is his real name, keeps throwing up hypothetical deals where he throws up chaff for a contracted player. Everyone knows that you only throw chaff for an uncontracted, seriously cheesed off player who is determined to come to your club.

And who knows, 23 could be another Zaharakis, and White could be better than Tippett. It's in the hands of the Gods and the city of churches.
:D I'll bet it was a struggle though, and they needed to talk slowly, so the bogans could keep up? Did you know we have a whole thread based on this!

new addition to the thread rules

The phrase 'send kurt to the PSD' shall henceforce be read as 'Tippett will be delisted and can please himself as to what he does from then on'

Was listening to an interview on SEN on the way home tonight with the head of the aflpa.

He was saying that players who are delisted will be treated as free agents and can go where they like.

I think the timing of things is important.

but there has to be more to it than that, because adelaide being shit means that players dont get improve while playing with us, which is why ricciuto was shit, and mcleod, and... well Tippett, otherwise why bring up 'mickey o'

Im of the opinion that said poster is drunk and talking shit
Adelaide the city as opposed to the team.

Was listening to an interview on SEN on the way home tonight with the head of the aflpa.

He was saying that players who are delisted will be treated as free agents and can go where they like.

Except KT has not been delisted. Per posts ranging throughout the thread, until 31 Oct, KT is "bound" to Adelaide. At that time, if he chooses to enter a draft, Adelaide must delist him. The new rules already state that a delisted player can sign for another team at any time, as an uncontracted previously listed player (during the free agency period).

but there has to be more to it than that, because adelaide being shit means that players dont get improve while playing with us, which is why ricciuto was shit, and mcleod, and... well Tippett, otherwise why bring up 'mickey o'
I do not wish to impugn your state. But your poodle ClayMonk has been discussing a hypothetical deal where Kieran Jack is traded to Adelaide, which is laughable regardless of whatever could be offered in return. He's from Sydney, son of a League champion, he'll never play for Adelaide. Tippett is a different kettle of fish. He's from Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane, GWS, Collingwood, born and bred. Completely different.

hasnt the free agency window closed? if what you/he was claiming is true why have a PSD at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back