Rumour Tim Mosquito

Remove this Banner Ad

The hour or so of him I've seen, he looks pretty good. He's pretty slight but super quick and very clean with his ball use and very creative.

Not sure in the AFL he'd be a look down small defender, but absolutely worth a punt from the snippet Ive seen.

I'd play him on a wing or as the SUPER sub, coz this kid is lightning quick...Cyril on meth comes to mind!!

We should see if we can net him - would be good to add a bit of bloodlust to the side. Should also be a pretty decent mark, able to hover over the packs.

BTW - If he is quicker than Cyril we may need to develop some special Flash Gordon style boots for him, a set of six?

and Pops didn't provide this?

Yes he did, however, he provided a forward option as well.

Without Pops in our defence, where does the speed come from? perhaps Birch yes, but if there was a speedy flanker, I would look at him, especially if he could be versatile enough to be a forward and back. Thats where I am coming from. Clarko would only pick him up if he has a laser kick and of course subject to the right attitude.

Yes he did, however, he provided a forward option as well.

Without Pops in our defence, where does the speed come from? perhaps Birch yes, but if there was a speedy flanker, I would look at him, especially if he could be versatile enough to be a forward and back. Thats where I am coming from. Clarko would only pick him up if he has a laser kick and of course subject to the right attitude.

Yep I am with you go hawks!!! Compare our mosquito fleet to Collingwoods. They have more speed and are more dangerous. We aren't quite there yet but started to turn the corner with Savage and Pops plus the emergence of Shiels this year. One more could be the icing on the cake. Three genuine speedsters including Rioli and Pops would be amazing. I want to see Pops in the midfield in 2012 as well.

Small running defender?

Would prefer to have another inside mid, or another speedster to help out in the midfield.

Yep I am with you go hawks!!! Compare our mosquito fleet to Collingwoods. They have more speed and are more dangerous. We aren't quite there yet but started to turn the corner with Savage and Pops plus the emergence of Shiels this year. One more could be the icing on the cake. Three genuine speedsters including Rioli and Pops would be amazing. I want to see Pops in the midfield in 2012 as well.

We are on the same page. Re Pup, I think we will see significant improvement in this kid in 2012. We have to remember, much like I. Smith, 2011 was his first pre-season with a 'professional' club. At Norwood, he spent days on the construction site, and nights training, a 2nd year of professional football, will see him improve his endurance and speed IMO. Not sure he will be a midfielder in 2012, more of a forward or back depending on our balance. But, I would love to see him as a mid.

Mosquito impressed in that NTFL game where Fevola played. Picked up plenty of possessions.

Have heard though, other players aren't keen to room with him, something about an annoying sound, makes it hard to sleep.

He was tagged out of an earlier game by an individual who's developing a reputation for shutting him down completely.

Here's a recent photo of him:

bug-zapper.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back