Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

The read I’m getting on this is that WCE and Cats are working together and being patient with each other to get the best for both clubs. Everyone in here is doing the posturing that they so think their respective clubs are doing. A deal will be done and both clubs will be happy. Kelly at WCE this trade period for pick 11 or better.

They will show some maturity and broker an agreement for the sake of the individual.
The juvenile way Geelong have dealt with a player requesting to go home for legitimate family reasons is genuinely embarrassing to Geelong and suggestive of a deeper cultural issue at the club especially considering their approach when the shoe is on the other foot.
He does have a go-home option in front of him, and (as is his right) is choosing not to exercise it. He'll get to go home next year anyway; if it was an absolutely desperate scenario, then you would imagine Freo would be on the table for him.

The AFLPA can only "broker an agreement" if it has some actual clout at the trade table - which it doesn't. It can't magically turn West Coast's p20 into p10, it can't magically make Geelong go "oh ok, well actually we'll just take 22 and 20 in that case, thanks and bye".

This trade doesn't need a mediator, it needs another club who is willing to get involved.

Allow me to introduce you to a little concept known as "the media".

A majority of the AFL media have Velcro shoes because they can’t figure out laces, unless you hear or read it from a club it’s dubious.
As of Saturday Geelong still had not told west coast what they would take for Kelly that’s from Craig Vozzo’s mouth, so I don’t know how other clubs would have agreed on deals with them for Kelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will show some maturity and broker an agreement for the sake of the individual.
The juvenile way Geelong have dealt with a player requesting to go home for legitimate family reasons is genuinely embarrassing to Geelong and suggestive of a deeper cultural issue at the club especially considering their approach when the shoe is on the other foot.

Forgive me Geelong have been extremely mature

10b5c4df1816dcda48553a4806e1e8d9.jpg

Really? This is the bottom of the barrel we’re scraping now. Nonsenses about us being immature merely because it’s apparent their valuation differs to that of WCE and its fans.

The club has done nothing wrong here.
Just because we’re refusing to accept a deal you think is fair is not indicative of anything to be embarrassed about, we have every right to play hardball, just as West Coast has every right to not pay what we’re after, and just like Kelly has every right to reject Fremantle.

We’ve given out more than enough goodwill over the years at the trade table, yet the one time we dig the heels in we’re arseholes. Bloody spare me.

Then sinks lower with fake tweets.
Come on now, we’re better than this muckraking.

He does have a go-home option in front of him, and (as is his right) is choosing not to exercise it. He'll get to go home next year anyway; if it was an absolutely desperate scenario, then you would imagine Freo would be on the table for him.

The AFLPA can only "broker an agreement" if it has some actual clout at the trade table - which it doesn't. It can't magically turn West Coast's p20 into p10, it can't magically make Geelong go "oh ok, well actually we'll just take 22 and 20 in that case, thanks and bye".

This trade doesn't need a mediator, it needs another club who is willing to get involved.

Your talking as if this is a hostage situation. He has one year left on his contract, you compromise and get the deal done or you are left with a unsettled player who will leave for free if you don’t deal with WC next season who you have also pissed off. This is a player who knows the better he plays the harder it will be for him to get to his club of choice, genius that.

I guarantee, please quote me on it, Geelong will get a worse offer next year from WC for Kelly if he stays.

Thankfully Geelong (twitter account aside) is not run by 14 year olds from their parents basement, they know it’s a great draft this year and will milk west coast for the highest pick they can get then inevitably deal. Probably in the 10-15 range which is probably what Kelly is worth.

I can't wait until this is all over, so that all the illiterate, non-sensical morons in this thread can crawl back into their holes and lie dormant for the next 12 months.

1. It'll be pick 22 and 20 for Kelly
2. It'll be pick 9 or 11 for Kelly via GWS
3. Kelly stays and we come back to this shit-fest next year.

I really don't care anymore lol. The fact that there has been 30 pages since I last looked on Friday, yet nothing new has been said, sums up exactly how useless this thread has been.

Yep - my understanding is that Geelong have indicated that they'd take Fremantle's p11, West Coast has offered 20 and 22 and won't budge, and Geelong isn't accepting 20 and 22.

But that's just your understanding. Which is not necessarily incorrect, but 100 people agreeing with a version of events doesn't mean said version of events is accurate. A loooot of opinion being reported as more than that.

The only thing WC have said is that Geelong didn't accept our offer and that Jarrod Brander won't be traded. Stephen Wells said that he rates Kelly as a top 10 pick and was looking for an exceptional deal. The Freo pick 11 stuff is the funniest because Freo have less about the whole thing than Geel or WC.

That's about it really. AFAIC there's as much actual news ITT as reported anywhere else.

I can't wait until this is all over, so that all the illiterate, non-sensical morons in this thread can crawl back into their holes and lie dormant for the next 12 months.

1. It'll be pick 22 and 20 for Kelly
2. It'll be pick 9 or 11 for Kelly via GWS
3. Kelly stays and we come back to this shit-fest next year.

I really don't care anymore lol. The fact that there has been 30 pages since I last looked on Friday, yet nothing new has been said, sums up exactly how useless this thread has been.

Thanks hero

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a $100k elite player for 2019 is precious to both sides.

Agree with it or not we think we can win the premiership next year and even one year from Kelly has large value even if it costs us badly at the trade table in 12 months.

West Coast are the same and would love that 100k elite player immediately.

Richmond have gotten stronger, Collingwood are attempting that currently. WC will pay the price if there is a possible way to get that pick because 2019 is the time and Kelly won't cost 100k from the cap in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Having a $100k elite player for 2019 is precious to both sides.

Agree with it or not we think we can win the premiership next year and even one year from Kelly has large value even if it costs us badly at the trade table in 12 months.

West Coast are the same and would love that 100k elite player immediately.

Richmond have gotten stronger, Collingwood are attempting that currently. WC will pay the price if there is a possible way to get that pick because 2019 is the time and Kelly won't cost 100k in 2020.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The other issue the Eagles have in waiting 12 months is the salary cap from 2020 on.

There will be plenty of premiership players with their hand out for more money in the next 12 months.

Kelly's deal could be a lot less lucrative in 12 months.

Can West Coast not trade their 1st rounder from next year's draft?

They could or cats could trade him next year for the same pick hence didn't get it done. There's a lot of huff and puff and people getting emotional, but i wouldn't be surprised if cats actually accepted the offer but dated the paperwork to the last day l, have a nod to west coast and said "make it look like we tried"

Your talking as if this is a hostage situation. He has one year left on his contract, you compromise and get the deal done or you are left with a unsettled player who will leave for free if you don’t deal with WC next season who you have also pissed off. This is a player who knows the better he plays the harder it will be for him to get to his club of choice, genius that.

I guarantee, please quote me on it, Geelong will get a worse offer next year from WC for Kelly if he stays.

Thankfully Geelong (twitter account aside) is not run by 14 year olds from their parents basement, they know it’s a great draft this year and will milk west coast for the highest pick they can get then inevitably deal. Probably in the 10-15 range which is probably what Kelly is worth.

Hmm weller pick 2 last year.
Kelly worth 5 wellers

Picks over rated
Gun returning home u pay overs for

I am more surprised GWs would be willing to part with pick 9 for 20 + 22.
Yet there you were earlier telling Geelong to accept 20 and 22 because it was the points equivalent of pick 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Tim Kelly [exploring trade options home to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back