Tigers get no joy from bid to shift game

Remove this Banner Ad

MightyHawks says Richmond are incapable of drawing 50,000+ a Richmond vs Geelong game..

Which game would draw more if all teams were sitting in the top 4?

Richmond vs Geelong (MCG)
Hawthorn vs Geelong(MCG)

We all know the answer..

Your hatred and jealousy of Richmond is so obvious.

Let em be envious.

Love it.:D

Hawthorn fans can gloat about their healthy attendance figures but fact is Richmond's are better and we have been out of the 8 for 11 years.
Written off 2012 already? You're only celebrating a decade of missing the 8.

Hawthorn gloating about attendances? Ours are good but we don't gloat about it.
Are you all forgetting what your attendances are like when you are going bad on field?

That match in 2004 vs port wasn't so long ago.
Attendances again? We were interested in rebuilding a team then. The tigers clearly were more interested in attendances than recruiting... hence Tambling instead of Buddy.
You guys will jump off quicker than ever once you start slipping down the ladder.
Really? We won't have far to slide. Home attendances will be rubbish in 2011 - only 2 Home matches at the MCG against Victorian sides.

Please compare to Hawks v Essendon second time around...

Really?

Well this may be a surprise to you but most teams don't get to play Essendon Collingwood and Carlton twice.

Our average crowd in a second match against the Bombers over last 5 years would be around 75,000 I'd have thought.

Hawthorn fans can gloat about their healthy attendance figures but fact is Richmond's are better and we have been out of the 8 for 11 years.

Are you all forgetting what your attendances are like when you are going bad on field?

That match in 2004 vs port wasn't so long ago.

You guys will jump off quicker than ever once you start slipping down the ladder.

The game that drew several hundred people less than the Richmond V Port Adelaide Jack Dyer game in 2003?

I've read a few of your posts, re: membership/attendance etc. you do know that Richmond have been regularly in the bottom 5-6 for membership over the past 25-30 years?

Richmond sold a home game last year to Cairns against Gold Coast, have lost the moral argument to switch this game IMHO ...

But Richmond fans don't flock to see Geelong when the game is at Etihad or the MCG.
They claim they'll turn up in big numbers but simply don't

It tells me that Richmond fans aren't very bright.

They turned up to the Carlton game thinking they could win. KB and Caro were pumping them up.

When the two clubs play again later in the year there will be less people as even Tigers fans will have worked out they're in for a bad year.

When Hawthorn and Collingwood play again later in the year the crowd will probably be larger.

Poor ole Hawks thinking they're as big as Richmond LMAO.:D

Now if only we could be millions in debt, use a fighting fund as a means to raise revenue for survival, have a winning season once every, say 30 years, miss out on the player of our generation and artificially pumping up our membership by 10,000 to remain relevant (only to be inevitably dropped back by the AFL auditors)...we'd be a real club

They invented the oval ball and the drop punt, remember :eek:

Nice deflection.

:p

This may be news to you but most Hawthorn fans don't give a **** as to who is bigger out of our two clubs. Fact is we have bigger things to worry about. You know, like football.

It's just so irritating that some Richmond fans on here can't go half a post without trying to paint themselves as relevant. It's like you don't even care about footy, as long as you are 'bigger' than the hawks (who are a mid-sized club btw).

But then again I guess it is the only thing Richmond have during the real season after all the "We swear we actually won't be pathetic on the field this time" media storm is quashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor ole Hawks thinking they're as big as Richmond LMAO.:D

There's no one in the comp that wants to be compared to Richmond for anything...

These are a few of my favourite Richmond things...

Raindrops on jumpers been left after losses
Bright dreams that fade and make tigers cross
Brown paper packages tied up with strings (chicken manure)
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream puffed recruiters choose Tambling not Bud
Doors that are shown to Gieschen KB and Spud
Game plans that can't get the ball past the wings

Girls in white dresses with teeth that are missing
Snowflake in hells chance of competitive showing
Four quarter efforts that melt before spring

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Clubs should be able to play their home games wherever they feel like, It is not the responsibility of the home club to cater for the away memberships that clubs stupidly sell.

Realistically the AFL should only allow clubs to sell ticketed memberships for home games.

There shouldn't be 16/17/18 game memberships.

If St Kilda wanted to have a home game in say Frankston with a ground capacity of 10k they should be able to only having to cater for the first few rows in the bay behind the away goals for the opposition cheer squad.

They would then sell a 10 game Etihad / MCG Membership (including reserved seat and GA) and around 9800 1 game Frankston Membership or Option (including reserved seat and GA)

Looking at it another way, are Geelong folks unhappy that they get interstate and recently crap teams playing at Skilled?

Surely you'd like to host a contender one day?
Very much so, I'd love one big club to come down the highway every year.

I think the benefits would outweigh the costs if Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and co. played once every five years or so in Geelong.

Very much so, I'd love one big club to come down the highway every year.

I think the benefits would outweigh the costs if Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and co. played once every five years or so in Geelong.

I know plenty of Hawks fans who used to enjoy a trip down to Geelong.

Richmond should learn to stop being selfish. It is Geelongs' home game, not theirs. They can do what they want.

How is it selfish of the Tigers when only 200 Richmonds will be able to watch the game ?

The game won't be Moved, but can understand why they requested the switch.

I know plenty of Hawks fans who used to enjoy a trip down to Geelong.
Exactly.

Really it's no big deal if for one match every half-decade or so, not every Collingwood/Carlton/Essendon/Hawthorn member can get in. Let's face it, it's no different to Geelong going to play a Victorian club in sold home game interstate (such as against Hawthorn in Launceston in 2007). Had that been played at Hawthorn's regular home ground, 'where Geelong wanted it', I could have gone, but since it was across the ditch I wasn't able to get there.

But that was the home club's decision, and for its own greater good (and arguably for the greater good of the code).

As much as I love that Geelong has kept its own ground, basically every match there these days is against interstate clubs with a handful of supporters. As I believe the best atmosphere at the footy is a function of strong representation of support for both sides, it means a lot of those matches don't really have much excitement going for them.

Thinking back to say Geelong v St Kilda at Kardinia in 2004, the game was built up as a 'blockbuster' with The Sunday Footy Show coming down and so on. The atmosphere was electric and everything footy should be.

The final argument is that some supporters who live in Geelong can only get to matches there! For those where this is the case, they haven't seen Essendon play in the flesh since 1993 and Carlton since 1995.

So out of the eight home games we are soon to get annually at Kardinia, I would like there to be one 'major' Victorian club, two to four 'minor' Victorian clubs, with the rest from interstate.

How is it selfish of the Tigers when only 200 Richmonds will be able to watch the game ?

The game won't be Moved, but can understand why they requested the switch.

Richmond sold a game to Cairns last year and had no regard to members of the club there and then so don't see how it is nothing but glasshouses they live in when trying to bitch about Geelong FC's game arrangements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers get no joy from bid to shift game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back