Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

We have our own cars, but drive each others if need be.

I would have to be on deaths bed to drive his though, because it’s older than two of my kids who are in their 30’s

1987 Safari Landcruiser that he has had since new. Great big cumbersome thing that he refuses to part with - I feel like I’m driving a semi trailer if I ever need to drive it

Big family holiday getaways. My wife's family love going to Wilsons Prom and booking one of those huge lodges that house like 20+ people so the whole extended family are under the same roof.

I love my wife's family, mom in law, both sisters and brothers and all their kids, really do but I hate all of us in the same living area. Kids are all different ages, they all have different things they want to do (ie play cricket, go to the beach, go for a hike etc).

I need my own space. If we all travelled to a resort with our own rooms and could do things at our own pace and leisure then sweet I'm in but everyone in the same lodging..........**** that, I did it once and it drove me insane after 4 days. Furthermore, Wilsons Prom has **** all reception and no TV. I'm not a phone addict nor do I need to have TV as a comfort but yeah during summer Ill want to watch some test cricket, Ill want to hit up Bigfooty. Happy to admit I require these tech comforts.

And for the record I would hate it just as much with family on my side. I need my own space when I go on holiday.

Big family holiday getaways. My wife's family love going to Wilsons Prom and booking one of those huge lodges that house like 20+ people so the whole extended family are under the same roof.

I love my wife's family, mom in law, both sisters and brothers and all their kids, really do but I hate all of us in the same living area. Kids are all different ages, they all have different things they want to do (ie play cricket, go to the beach, go for a hike etc).

I need my own space. If we all travelled to a resort with our own rooms and could do things at our own pace and leisure then sweet I'm in but everyone in the same lodging..........** that, I did it once and it drove me insane after 4 days. Furthermore, Wilsons Prom has ** all reception and no TV. I'm not a phone addict nor do I need to have TV as a comfort but yeah during summer Ill want to watch some test cricket, Ill want to hit up Bigfooty. Happy to admit I require these tech comforts.

And for the record I would hate it just as much with family on my side. I need my own space when I go on holiday.
Totally agree. I’ve done it once and never again. I somehow got stuck looking after ALL the kids the whole long weekend. Breakfasts, bedtimes, showers, supervising activities - all me. When I brought it up it ended in a huge argument and the weekend was ruined!

Separate accommodation or I’m not going.

I need my own space. If we all travelled to a resort with our own rooms and could do things at our own pace and leisure then sweet I'm in but everyone in the same lodging..........** that, I did it once and it drove me insane after 4 days. Furthermore, Wilsons Prom has ** all reception and no TV. I'm not a phone addict nor do I need to have TV as a comfort but yeah during summer Ill want to watch some test cricket, Ill want to hit up Bigfooty. Happy to admit I require these tech comforts.

I love Wilson prom.
I would just hike every day ...

Don't get me wrong Wilsons Prom is beautiful. I've hiked to Oberon and chilled out at the beaches, its more the living arrangements and the pure mount of people under one roof.
I hear ya.

The cloud cover was too much to go up MT Oberon..
Did a few other treks .

I wanna go back one day.

I'm staying in some shared places next holiday.
Hoping for the best ...

Totally agree. I’ve done it once and never again. I somehow got stuck looking after ALL the kids the whole long weekend. Breakfasts, bedtimes, showers, supervising activities - all me. When I brought it up it ended in a huge argument and the weekend was ruined!

How on earth did that fall to you?

Ok you win, that would suck. My wifes family are all really good with their kids, i.e your responsible for your own kids. They would never burden me with looking after them however I'm not the complete grouch either, more than happy to take all kids to play beach cricket when the parents were doing something else or play board games etc.

It's just this feeling of being trapped with so many people, even if you like them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My local Woolies has spent a lot of money converting all the car park spaces nearest the entrance to 'Straight to Boot'. There's at most only ever one of the StB spaces being used, mostly none. It means the rest of the car park is chockas. I just shop across the road at Coles instead.

My local Woolies has spent a lot of money converting all the car park spaces nearest the entrance to 'Straight to Boot'. There's at most only ever one of the StB spaces being used, mostly none. It means the rest of the car park is chockas. I just shop across the road at Coles instead.
All major supermarket offer that .

I rather just go in and get what I want .

Some have home shop too.

I have been known to just park in those spots anyway. I am a monster.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back