Roast The Rotten Stench of the AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't blame Pyke. Bottom line is Burton was Roo's man. One of his best friends. Almost impossible for Pyke to pull him up.
I blame Burton for the camp. He is a moron who thinks he's very smart. Combined with an out of control ego and you get a very dangerous combination.
I blame Roo for the whole debacle. He appointed and then promoted a clearly incompetent Burton. That Roo escaped and is still making decisions at the club is a disgrace.
It's no surprise that Roo and Burton were both caught up in the Fire Power scandal.

Imagine how many Nigerian princes they've sent their credit card details to.

As a former member of the constabulary, how would they have done relevant due diligence here?

What relevant checks are/were available to them, that they could reasonably have been expected to perform
I’m not referring to any criminality. I’m referring to his “credentials”. There appears to be none, other than being a concreter..

Another item to add to the 'stench'.

I've heard a number of players talk about how much better the past players connections to the club is now.
Given that at each home game there is a 'past players and officials' box, and past players are rarely seen in there (sometimes their kids are, but not many), you have to wonder just how badly treated they have been. Are we that incompetent, that in a league where father-son pickups can be a great advantage, we have completely trashed relationships with past players?

Another item to add to the 'stench'.

I've heard a number of players talk about how much better the past players connections to the club is now.
Given that at each home game there is a 'past players and officials' box, and past players are rarely seen in there (sometimes their kids are, but not many), you have to wonder just how badly treated they have been. Are we that incompetent, that in a league where father-son pickups can be a great advantage, we have completely trashed relationships with past players?
To be fair its got to be balanced with what the players motivation is for not turning up

Yes there is a group - and we could name at least 5-8 - who wont ever return or it suddenly gets cold

To be fair its got to be balanced with what the players motivation is for not turning up

Yes there is a group - and we could name at least 5-8 - who wont ever return or it suddenly gets cold

This is a really interesting one.

Given our short history - there is a bit of a mixed demographic when taking this into account.

-You have Ex-Players who are now with other clubs/in club land like the Goodwins, Ruttens, Skipworths, Tom Lynch etc etc
-Players like Michael Doughty who are active player managers.
-Players who now live interstate/overseas.
-Players who have work commitments
-Ex players like Ricciuto, Nigel Smart, Jameson, Jacobs, Bickley, Clarke etc who are still involved/have been involved with the club.
-Ex players who ended up at other clubs (Phil Davis, Bock etc).

The only 'small' group I can think of who may be slightly embittered (for whatever reason) are the likes of Mcleod, Edwards, Ben Hart... Im not in Adelaide so dont know the more inner workings/grievances other might have had.

This is a really interesting one.

Given our short history - there is a bit of a mixed demographic when taking this into account.

-You have Ex-Players who are now with other clubs/in club land like the Goodwins, Ruttens, Skipworths, Tom Lynch etc etc
-Players like Michael Doughty who are active player managers.
-Players who now live interstate/overseas.
-Players who have work commitments
-Ex players like Ricciuto, Nigel Smart, Jameson, Jacobs, Bickley, Clarke etc who are still involved/have been involved with the club.
-Ex players who ended up at other clubs (Phil Davis, Bock etc).

The only 'small' group I can think of who may be slightly embittered (for whatever reason) are the likes of Mcleod, Edwards, Ben Hart... Im not in Adelaide so dont know the more inner workings/grievances other might have had.

Is McLeod really in that group? He said his views a while back but he emphasised it was from a place of care and love for the club. He’s never been an overly public guy so I’m not sure the fact that we don’t see him all the time means he is embittered.

What’s the Hart issue, I’m not across that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread title is wrong, it should be the rotten stench of the KFC

Adelaide Football Club will change its name to Kuwarna in a celebration of Indigenous culture and heritage during the AFL’s Sir Doug Nicholls Round, AFLW’s Indigenous Round and SANFL's First Nations Rounds this season.

Not sure. Just some whispers of poor treatment

But an article in 2021 says he will get tickets when the Crows play in Perth so..

I remember Kevin Bartlett saying that when he finally went back to Richmond he regretted all the years of self-exile.

These footy club stand-offs over personality clashes are almost never worth holding onto.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back