Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Drug-wise you basically have two options: antihistamines (e.g. meclizine, dramamine) or scopolamines (e.g. kwells)

Kwells is the most heavy-duty solution, it physically blocks the nerve signals to the brain associated with motion sickness. It is generally what ocean sailors take. But antihistamines can also work for less severe symptoms, or if you get a lot of side effects with Kwells.

Whatever you take, the critical bit is to start taking it before you get sick. Once you're sick, pretty much nothing helps.
From what I’ve been reading, you can take meclizine literally as daily tablets and it keeps it at bay. Can’t do that with kwells I didn’t think?

If meclizine works, she can just take it in the mornings every day couldn’t she?

Anyone deal with motion sickness and had any wins?

Partner isn’t great as a passenger in vehicles, on boats or planes.

Meclizine which you can get off Amazon has a lot of good reviews. Apparently you can’t get it here though, so no good if it’s something that might pop up on a work drug test, etc.

I get seasick and I've found success with Travacalm.

From what I’ve been reading, you can take meclizine literally as daily tablets and it keeps it at bay. Can’t do that with kwells I didn’t think?

If meclizine works, she can just take it in the mornings every day couldn’t she?
meclizine isn’t magic, it’s just an antihistamine… if antihistamines work for her then great, if not try kwells

either can be taken over a protracted period, I know sailors who take kwells every six hours for a week when racing to Hobart

If you’re suggesting she takes it as a permanent daily medication that seems like overkill

meclizine isn’t magic, it’s just an antihistamine… if antihistamines work for her then great, if not try kwells

either can be taken over a protracted period, I know sailors who take kwells every six hours for a week when racing to Hobart

If you’re suggesting she takes it as a permanent daily medication that seems like overkill
Yep, was suggesting permanent daily.

Very often we will be 5 minutes into a drive and she’s feeling motion sickness as the passenger.

If only you could get a long lasting version of the jab they give on boats.

Yep, was suggesting permanent daily.

Very often we will be 5 minutes into a drive and she’s feeling motion sickness as the passenger.

If only you could get a long lasting version of the jab they give on boats.
I mentioned earlier that these wrist bands have worked wonders for me on all the cruises we’ve been on, might be worth a trial for the car as well.

IMG_5096.png

Sorry if this is a stupid question but economics has never been a strong point of mine. On the news this morning I heard that a large percentage of 21 year olds (didn't catch the exact figure) will never own a home. Obviously the current generation of homeowners will die out. Who then owns the homes?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but economics has never been a strong point of mine. On the news this morning I heard that a large percentage of 21 year olds (didn't catch the exact figure) will never own a home. Obviously the current generation of homeowners will die out. Who then owns the homes?
There will be probably the largest ever transfer of wealth from boomers to their kids as they die over the next 10-20 years. These (paid off) houses will be inherited by the kids who (Imho) sell them and split the proceeds between each kid. Tax free that way.
If those kids (gen x) already have own homes they can use proceeds to pay down their own loans or skip the generation and use the proceeds to be the bank of mum and dad to their kids.

This of course assumes there is a house in the first place. If there isnt the gap widens. But for that generation around 70% - 75% were home owners. And unless they did reverse mortgages or interest only loans they would probably be mortgage free homes.

YOU'RE BACK!!!!

There will be probably the largest ever transfer of wealth from boomers to their kids as they die over the next 10-20 years. These (paid off) houses will be inherited by the kids who (Imho) sell them and split the proceeds between each kid. Tax free that way.
If those kids (gen x) already have own homes they can use proceeds to pay down their own loans or skip the generation and use the proceeds to be the bank of mum and dad to their kids.

This of course assumes there is a house in the first place. If there isnt the gap widens. But for that generation around 70% - 75% were home owners. And unless they did reverse mortgages or interest only loans they would probably be mortgage free homes.
The issue isn't if houses are going to end up on the market it's the fact that most of then will be unaffordable to a large percentage of people and will instead br bought by investors

The percentage of the population renting is growing, the percentage of owner occupiers is shrinking

The percentage owned by investors is growing

Even investors are finding it tough to compete with the big US corporations muscling in with plenty of cash and an artificially inflated exchange rate.
Amazon having a company that tries to buy up entire towns in the US is terrifying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YAY raskolnikov IS HERE!!!

In the UK large investors with dozens of properties. Large property companies buying them up.

Will happen here.

but thats only if they are sold post-inheritance.
If their parents use them to pay for aged care, the big aged care companies will own them.

Anglicare is big on this, not sure who else. I know people who had to take Anglicare to court to get Anglicare's talons out of their mother with dementia.

If their parents use them to pay for aged care, the big aged care companies will own them.

Anglicare is big on this, not sure who else. I know people who had to take Anglicare to court to get Anglicare's talons out of their mother with dementia.
yeah the biggest wealth transfer is likely not to be boomers to their kids but boomers to their private aged care provider

I'm missing the reference.
When we lived in the UK circa early 2000s, he was renowned for buying up whole streets of cheap terraces with his football pay. Liverpool fans would chant "we all live in a Robbie Fowler house", to the tune of yellow submarine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back