The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate of mine was in an abusive relationship for years but from the outside none of us knew how bad it was until he was able to finally get out. He has been shot of her for a good 5+ years now and is still going to therapy for issues stemming from that time.
That's what I am really worried about. It's been a year now and I'm worried it going to take years to unravel the 8 yrs of abuse, and how it's already impacted other relationships.

Need to move into left lane.
Check blind spot to see position of car that was beside me.
Notice I'm enough distance ahead to move in so I move into the lane.
Driver in that car behind pulls up beside me at next left turnoff rolls the windows down gets mouthy and gives the bird.

Yep I definitely drove in Perth.

Driver in that car behind pulls up beside me at next left turnoff rolls the windows down gets mouthy and gives the bird.

It’s better than road rage in the US

I guess the question is, what do you consider enough distance? Perth drivers are terrible tailgaters, I leave a safe braking distance to the car in front of me only to find that every car thinks they can pull in, giving a lovely few cms to the car front and back.

No excuse for getting mouthy though, when this happens to me, I just ease back and mind my frustration.

Just smile and give them a big wave back.

Just smile and give them a big wave back.
s reactions share GIF

More fingers optional

Had pea and ham soup at Alfred’s yesterday - it’s amazing we still have this awesome little place. We are also lucky we still have DaDas!
Any Hockey Dad fans? IMG_5345.png

The whole Perth drivers can't merge is not bullshit, even the signs i've seen on the freeways don't seem to help.

The whole Perth drivers can't merge is not bullshit, even the signs i've seen on the freeways don't seem to help.
Personally I think it’s the entry points, they are just not long enough. You no sooner enter and the merge is right there and drivers just don’t have the capacity to meet at the same speed to allow a smooth merge

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I think it’s the entry points, they are just not long enough. You no sooner enter and the merge is right there and drivers just don’t have the capacity to meet at the same speed to allow a smooth merge

On my usual routes it's usually because there's one overly timid dickhead holding up the entire line of cars trying to merge. The one at the front who won't go above 60-80 for the whole on-ramp until after they've merged into the other traffic.

Did LightScapes tonight - quite enjoyable

Not sure what I was expecting but it would of been so much better if I didn’t have a busted knee that now looks resembles a watermelon
I saw an ad for it, but what is it? is it just like going to see The Western Power Christmas lights?

On my usual routes it's usually because there's one overly timid dickhead holding up the entire line of cars trying to merge. The one at the front who won't go above 60-80 for the whole on-ramp until after they've merged into the other traffic.

The one who does my head in going into the tunnel heading east, is the one who refuses to move across until they have run out of room and look like hitting the tunnel wall, so of course we all need to hit the brakes to let the nuffie in

I saw an ad for it, but what is it? is it just like going to see The Western Power Christmas lights?
Maybe, I’ve never seen the Western PowerChrustmas lights

It’s a meandering path of different artistic light displays through a section of the park - bit of a climb at times (nothing serious) but saw a few oldies struggling and kids whinging about the walk but for the most part it was great

Maybe, I’ve never seen the Western PowerChrustmas lights

It’s a meandering path of different artistic light displays through a section of the park - bit of a climb at times (nothing serious) but saw a few oldies struggling and kids whinging about the walk but for the most part it was great
oh those are when you go to random houses to look at displays lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back