Other The Off-Topic Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't agree with that line of thinking.

Making that squad should be purely merit based. Not business based.

She should/could probably make it for that anyway of course.
Normally I'd agree. But there's this swell that female athletes don't get paid enough. The only way to increase female athlete pay is for it to generate more revenue.
The only way it generates more revenue is with interest. Clarke brings eyeballs, she brings interest and exposure, and what better opportunity to generate more eyeballs amd interest than the Olympics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be in London in October so trying to get Jags-Bears tickets for the weekend I’m there - planned the whole 7 week European holiday around it. Tickets went on sale 7 minutes ago, but could get in the waiting room/queue when that opened 3 hours ago.

Currently 57,229 in line, with an estimated wait time over an hour (moved up 2300 spots in the 8 minutes so far). Opened in another browser and at 350k. How many ****ing bots do these scalpers have to swarm these tickets?

Fingers crossed I’m still able to get a ticket for Bears-Jags the normal way rather than putting money into a scalper’s pocket - I don’t even want that good of one, just like halfway up the stands on any side.

Update: got my ticket an hour + after they went on sale. Seemingly still plenty around, paid $285 for second tier, 8 rows back on the wing at about what will be the 45 yard line. Very hyped! Hopefully Caleb and Trevor stay fit and firing for it.

I checked after I bought my ticket and there was still 250,000 in the queue…poor humans being screwed by scalpers and/or bots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back