VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

no big loss barely played

watkins will be a big loss tho need to find a good replacement
Barely played cause he wasn’t given many opportunities. Jack AFL players list flog so kids like him don’t get much of an opportunity. Got sold the dream by North and then shattered him by not selecting him. The kid can play. Better than some of the hacks we have on our afl list.

Barely played cause he wasn’t given many opportunities. Jack AFL players list flog so kids like him don’t get much of an opportunity. Got sold the dream by North and then shattered him by not selecting him. The kid can play. Better than some of the hacks we have on our afl list.
I watched when he did play and he was much worse than our AFL players who played similar roles. Hes still young so may come good yet but can’t say I agree based on what I saw

Sounds fairly personally invested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was always going to be tough for the like of De La Rue, Trembath and Harrop to get extended cracks at VFL level with the likes of Watkins, Lowson, Downie and co getting priority.

Have heard Lowson is on the fence as to whether to play VFL again or chase the $$$ in the local leagues.

Will also be interesting to see if Lienert goes around again or if Mitch Hannan and Sam Hayes stay on the list.

No certainty our first pick is a midfielder, from all reports we are looking to go tall. It does show that despite our midfield apparently being strongest, we don’t have a lot of depth. Or maybe it’s a case of the AFL team having too many midfielders and we have them playing different roles on the ground.

No Watkins, no lazz and no Greenwood. So likely vfl midfield is currently Phillips and…. ?
Our VFL recruitment team are going to have their work cut out for them. Just lost three of their best mids. I've said it before, our midfield depth is in the 1s, playing out of position. Phillips struggled last year, he's going to need some senior support around him. We'll need at least two new VFL mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back