Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

the width of the post away from being dumped by the 7th placed team, both teams walking off to set up for the chairing off of a 300 gamer, yes this is the perfect time to yell out to that opposition player and show that these types of things are really effective against me.
Would have been so much sweeter to be the bigger man and soak it in. Unfortunately, Kenny opened his mouth and overnight has become the biggest flog in football.

Would have been so much sweeter to be the bigger man and soak it in. Unfortunately, Kenny opened his mouth and overnight has become the biggest flog in football.
thats it, you just stand there smiling, eye ball the lot of them. Chuck in a cheeky wink and a nod if you really must. Once you're in the rooms with the players, put the quote on the board for a chuckle. Get to the press conference and say something cryptic about flights, everyone laughs.

thats it, you just stand there smiling, eye ball the lot of them. Chuck in a cheeky wink and a nod if you really must. Once you're in the rooms with the players, put the quote on the board for a chuckle. Get to the press conference and say something cryptic about flights, everyone laughs.
Agreed. He looks like a complete old dad joke tool.

Choking Andre The Giant GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno if there's a press release going along with the fine, but I suspect this particular fine is the "Stop ****ing embarrassing yourselves and just stay in your lane" signal to the senior coaches.

Unless I missed something, Ken just started mouthing off because... The bloke posted something on instagram several days before hand... It wasn't like Ginnivan had just ironed out one of his players or was talking shit then and there. The game was over, the dude was devo because their dream finals run was dead, and instead of celebrating with his players Ken was an out and out dick.

Bizarre.

While some people think its a joke that he even got fined I think its a joke that it was only $20.000, I know what Jack did, but for a senior coach to do this after the game and its not the first time Hinkley has done something like this is just plain out stupidity and embarrassing and while he vents out at supporters not being intelligent about certain things with the club and that he's not worried about his future, his actions this year paint a man who is very much under the pump pressure wise and just another episode against Hawthorn to prove the point. I hope port extend his contract another two or three years and that Koshie stays there as well, truly a match made in heaven.

While some people think its a joke that he even got fined I think its a joke that it was only $20.000, I know what Jack did, but for a senior coach to do this after the game and its not the first time Hinkley has done something like this is just plain out stupidity and embarrassing and while he vents out at supporters not being intelligent about certain things with the club and that he's not worried about his future, his actions this year paint a man who is very much under the pump pressure wise and just another episode against Hawthorn to prove the point. I hope port extend his contract another two or three years and that Koshie stays there as well, truly a match made in heaven.
The ideal situation is they lose next week to a poor umpiring decision on the siren, have a slow start to the year and the internal pressure builds to sack him mid year. That happens, the side drops to the bottom six and his sacking triggers a mass exodus.

Steady on, mate. We've all done shit in the heat of the moment. 'Only' 20k? The man cops shit from his own fans (some of it warranted, some of it not), is clearly stressed out about his position, and has an oppo player post a cocky comment implying that a Port loss was a foregone conclusion. No way in hell the Hawks are getting silence from me if I'm in Ken's position.

Ginnivan smiled and took Ken's reaction on the chin. Cos he knows you win some and you lose others. Sicily was the one who took issue. The bloke wasn't even involved. If he wants to prevent incidents like that, tell your cheeky forwards not to stir the pot before the game. No one was harmed, everyone moved on except Sam Mitchell who probably cried about it in the bath, most fans saw it as camaraderie. 20k is absolute sanctimonious bullshit

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back