Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

The pearl clutchers strike again
I'm not quite willing to say that yet.

Just a couple of years ago some little club had their end of year pissup and one of them got dared to blow the other. And did it. In the middle of the pub. Which was open for regular business. Point is, footballers aren't the brightest bulbs and if they thought they had privacy then god knows what ******ed shit they might get up to, there's a very real chance that what they did was ****ed up... Or... maybe there were a couple of unsavoury jokes and a bartender or bouncer or someone took supreme offence and for whatever reason the AFL is losing their ****ing minds. We're seriously lacking on details.

I'm not quite willing to say that yet.

Just a couple of years ago some little club had their end of year pissup and one of them got dared to blow the other. And did it. In the middle of the pub. Which was open for regular business. Point is, footballers aren't the brightest bulbs and if they thought they had privacy then god knows what ******ed shit they might get up to, there's a very real chance that what they did was ****ed up... Or... maybe there were a couple of unsavoury jokes and a bartender or bouncer or someone took supreme offence and for whatever reason the AFL is losing their ****ing minds. We're seriously lacking on details.
We know it was a private function. The Glen Waverley thing wasn't. Surely that means they're entitled to let loose as long as they don't damage anything. Toby Greene has been fined $20k for 'not stepping in as a leader.' Fining someone for NOT doing something in a non-legally binding situation is groupthink levels of ****ed. If it wasn't blackface, I don't see the issue

We know it was a private function. The Glen Waverley thing wasn't. Surely that means they're entitled to let loose as long as they don't damage anything. Toby Greene has been fined $20k for 'not stepping in as a leader.' Fining someone for NOT doing something in a non-legally binding situation is groupthink levels of ****ed. If it wasn't blackface, I don't see the issue
I'll reserve judgment until we know details, but all workers have a right to a safe environment. And Seinfeld et. al. went to jail for less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a bartender reported them for that. What, did he feel unsafe in the presence of a few blokes letting loose? Did he think those events were actually happening?

Christ
Maybe they felt dickheads simulating rape in their workplace wasn’t ok. And good on them for not putting up with it.

1729162269367.png

It sounds like the AFL is actually being racist, as far as Idun is concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back