The New Era starts now

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else think that Daniel Kerr has pulled his finger out recently and may have turned a corner in regards to his maturity?

I have heard him speak a few times late this year and he comes across very level headed and alot more mature then previous times I've heard him.

I'd like to think so. After his little chat with WC today, I'm sure he'll be on his best behaviour from now on. If not, he can go too.

Judd is gone. Cousins is gone.

The Golden Era that promised so much is over. But now a new era begins.

We still have a core of tough, experienced, talented players, and a crop of young guns to develop. We'll pick up some outstanding local talent in this draft, where we're better positioned than ever before.

2007 has knocked the absolute stuffing out of the Eagles, but this club will pull itself up off the mat and keep going. We're too tough not to.

Our premiership window obviously isn't what it was two months ago, but it's not totally closed. We'll drop back to about 9.00 on the premiership clock and rebuild for another crack.

John Worsfold is about to earn his money.

Testing times for West Coast, but this is the moment where everybody associated with the Eagles, supporters included, have to pull themselves together and show their mettle.

It's the way people deal with the tough times that defines them. Anyone can ride a wave of success. It's when the milk goes sour that people show what they're made of. That time is now.

This club will not curl up and die. Its supporters should not allow themselves to despair, no matter how grim the situation might appear.

Good Post by a realist fan . Well Done !!
Excellent time to create a new leadership group even though your hands are being forced . I heard whispers through the grape vine that the WCE will not appoint an officail captain . Though they will appoint a group of 4-6 players to form a leadership group I hear the game day captain will be the player who has played the most club games which IMVHO is the wayto go not for the WCE but all clubs. It teaches all young kids a thing about loyalty . If you wanna captain your team you have to earn it. !!!

Fantastic post Gunnar.

All we can do now is take what positives we can from this year, and move forward into 2008.

Stay strong Eagles fans.

we lost 2 midfielders, I think the finals showed that at our worst we can break even

Add Sam Butler, Shannon Hurn, Daniel Kerr, Jamie McNamara & Beau Waters into the middle and we will be more than competitive.

Strengthened the forward line with a genuine contested marking forward in Josh Kennedy & will take another 4 or 5 players in the draft this year.

We have a strong core of players that allows talented youngsters to develop easily and without the pressure that a Carlton or Richmond would put them under.

I'm certainly glad my heart will no longer skip a couple of beats each time I see Ben Cousins' name pop up in a headline worrying about what he has done this time.

Ditto. The unwanted, unrelenting attention Cuz has been getting the club has been going on for far too long. As sorry as I am not to see him winning games for us anymore, I'm glad this is finally over. Hopefully.

The Eagles still have one of the best lists in the AFL. With a reasonable run with injuries and no more off-field issues to distract them, they will give the flag a real shake next year. This time last year Geelong were under real pressure (missed the 8, fighting amongst themselves and Thompson was fighting for his job) - that shows how quick things can change.

Ben who? Chris who? We played majority of the 07 season without those two in one way or another. The WCE are far from gone in 08 dont worry 'bout that!

IF we retain our draft pics and we do end up with a "happy to be here" cotchin PLUS the josh kennedy injection to our forward line prospects PLUS whoever else we pick up with picks Id say we are still in with a massive chance from here on in :thumbsu: Our club is renowned for bouncing back from the dead so I sure as sh!t cant see us layin down now.

Losing juddas was hard to swallow, losing benny was, well, words cant describe the pain Im in right now :(..... BUT the most powerful culture around this club is the WILL TO SURVIVE!

It pains me immensely to see cuzz banished and I pray to god he comes good within himself but I am a proud west coast eagle supporter and with that comes bumps in the road, I accept that. From here we look forward and beyond. We have more than enough talent to see it through with pride and dignity :thumbsu:
Just get this ****** year over and done with, Im over it already :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good post, just signed on to start a thread on a similar thing

With kennedy, jmac, hurn, lecras, butler, priddis, rosa, brown, (this years draft picks), mckenzie, and sphanger (to make his debut soon) all potential stars, im excited

Its sad that the team 2006 has split up and heading in a different direction, but it should be extremely interesting.

At least we have retained glass, and cox as our 2 important kpp

I want to see Kennedy get a big run

And give staker a year to prove his worth. Also if ash hans if injured all year again, he could be trade bait for next year. (with brown and kennedy, cones slready on our list)

interesting times

Judd is gone. Cousins is gone.

The Golden Era that promised so much is over. But now a new era begins.

We still have a core of tough, experienced, talented players, and a crop of young guns to develop. We'll pick up some outstanding local talent in this draft, where we're better positioned than ever before.

2007 has knocked the absolute stuffing out of the Eagles, but this club will pull itself up off the mat and keep going. We're too tough not to.

Our premiership window obviously isn't what it was two months ago, but it's not totally closed. We'll drop back to about 9.00 on the premiership clock and rebuild for another crack.

John Worsfold is about to earn his money.

Testing times for West Coast, but this is the moment where everybody associated with the Eagles, supporters included, have to pull themselves together and show their mettle.

It's the way people deal with the tough times that defines them. Anyone can ride a wave of success. It's when the milk goes sour that people show what they're made of. That time is now.

This club will not curl up and die. Its supporters should not allow themselves to despair, no matter how grim the situation might appear.

Good post GL, I agree with your premiership window call, obviously WC are still finals contenders, the club will go into 08 refreshed and re-invigorated.

i'd love to see this new era of west coast,
as i heard someone say a little earlier
"superstar team, not a team of superstars"

without judd and cousins i think wc can develop SO much more than being depended on the player dubbed the best in the competition,
let carlton make that mistake now.

i look forward to our games in o8!

Not even in our worst nightmares could we have envisioned 2007 being worse. We've gone through the worst of it hopefully, and no we have to work on rebuilding off field as well as on.

When Judd announced he was leaving I said something along the lines of "it can't get any worse for us in 2007". It seems it has got worse. Be careful what you say, life seems to mimick corny movies where things inevitably do get worse as soon as you take your guard down ;)

new era for sure.......

the potential for the guys who have been pushing for spots this year, is huge

hugely motivating for them to have a real chance prove their own names and move the club on in their own terms

Kerr for brownlow in 08

looking forward to Macca, Hurn, Brown, Le Cras, Rosa, Kennedy..

and more from all our established Guns.

i think the premiership might be out of our reach next year but i think we can rebuild without dropping from the top four;)

When Judd announced he was leaving I said something along the lines of "it can't get any worse for us in 2007". It seems it has got worse. Be careful what you say, life seems to mimick corny movies where things inevitably do get worse as soon as you take your guard down ;)
Well i've been saying it after everything that has gone wrong this year, right from cousins initial suspension, so i'm kind of testing out the theory. :D

Well i've been saying it after everything that has gone wrong this year, right from cousins initial suspension, so i'm kind of testing out the theory. :D

Well, will you stop it?! :mad:

:D :thumbsu:

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I'm with you.

This year has been like getting put through a meat grinder.

Just when you think you've come out the other side ready to go again, you get put straight back in.

I feel absolutley shattered

Posted that when Judd left.

Still applies.

Remove this Banner Ad

The New Era starts now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back