Moved Thread The McGovern Brothers to go to Fremantle?

Remove this Banner Ad

• Let me tell you it's all a smokescreen because Collingwood will be a big player in getting Lever from the Crows to the Pies.
Is Brad Hardie illiterate?

I would say 90% of players aren't drafted to their childhood team. I don't think this fact plays any part in the discussion for a professional footballer. No player has ever gone from WC to Freo, and I would put my house on it not being Gov that does it.

And how would Freo get the deal done? Both Gov's would be asking for a hell of a pay increase. Freo will struggle to get the deal done for one Gov, let alone his more expensive brother (AA and potential future WC captain)

Mmm yeah obviously most players don't get drafted to their desired club. It would be less than the 10% quoted I'm sure. That doesn't mean that the opportunity to play for the club you have always loved isn't a factor. Look at McCarthy - he is a very odd case, but still he ended up where he wanted to be.

Also, "No player has ever gone from WC to Freo" that's actually not true.
List of players to play for both clubs - not all direct trades:
Harding, Metropolis, Fewster, Carrol, Hynes, Schofield, Kickett, Godden, Retzlaff, Brendan Krummel, Matthew Burton.

So a few things are clear - you were wrong, but... that list of players is pretty underwhelming! I don't blame you for thinking it had never happened. If McGovern were to be traded to Freo, it would be the first time that a decent player had moved between the two clubs.

Furthermore - no one has said Jeremy will go this year. If he is to go at all, I would suspect it would be next year once his contract has ended. J McGovern is a restricted free agent next year, mind you. Pretty much all commentary has said Mitch this year, maybe Jeremy next year.

J Mcgovern is going nowhere. The Media have just taken the idea that J Mcgov wants to play with his brother, and the fact that Freo are looking at M Mcgov, and put them together and spun up a story of J Mcgov wanting to go to Freo too. Complete BS. How would the deal even be possible? And so what if he's pissed at how WC handled Pridda's retirement? Geez, takes more than that to want to leave a club, and that happened last week. A pretty freaking quick decision isn't it?
Agree with most of it except a 'deal' doesn't even need to happen between the 2 clubs. Should jez run his current contract out he ll be a free agent at the end of it .

No wonder Dangerfield is up himself; even threads that have little to do with him he gets talked about.

In any case if freo can grab him they would have a pretty decent team developing. I don't know why you would want to join freo myself when the majority of clubs would probably take him but either way if they get him good on him.

If Adelaide do lose him though they really need to start looking at why they lose so many players. It's almost Brisbane levels at this moment.

With the cap space opening up for WCE from the Mitchell and Priddis announcement(possibly another 2-4 players delisted or retiring) there is no chance McGovern is leaving.

No wonder Dangerfield is up himself; even threads that have little to do with him he gets talked about.

In any case if freo can grab him they would have a pretty decent team developing. I don't know why you would want to join freo myself when the majority of clubs would probably take him but either way if they get him good on him.

If Adelaide do lose him though they really need to start looking at why they lose so many players. It's almost Brisbane levels at this moment.
Danger is up himself because the AFL made him the mascot of the AFL as soon as he went East, prior to this he was just another player... same shit happened with Judd.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...up-fremantle-brad-hardie-20170802-gxo34i.html

Interesting read. Jeremy reportedly very unhappy with the way West Coast handled Priddis' retirement. If it is true i'll be ecstatic. Take it with a grain of salt.
No you won't be (ecstatic)

your an eagle burglar using a troll account CM,your mortified at the mere thought and are just hoping this thread(which belongs on the D +T Board anyway)brings out posters to "laugh down" the sugggestion ,at freos expense ,just to ease your hurt at the prospect of jez going to freo and the realisation that your teams in need of a rebuild

No you won't be (ecstatic)

your an eagle burglar using a troll account CM,your mortified at the mere thought and are just hoping this thread(which belongs on the D +T Board anyway)brings out posters to "laugh down" the sugggestion ,at freos expense ,just to ease your hurt at the prospect of jez going to freo and the realisation that your teams in need of a rebuild
I seriously hope you're a troll

Mmm yeah obviously most players don't get drafted to their desired club. It would be less than the 10% quoted I'm sure. That doesn't mean that the opportunity to play for the club you have always loved isn't a factor. Look at McCarthy - he is a very odd case, but still he ended up where he wanted to be.

Also, "No player has ever gone from WC to Freo" that's actually not true.
List of players to play for both clubs - not all direct trades:
Harding, Metropolis, Fewster, Carrol, Hynes, Schofield, Kickett, Godden, Retzlaff, Brendan Krummel, Matthew Burton.

So a few things are clear - you were wrong, but... that list of players is pretty underwhelming! I don't blame you for thinking it had never happened. If McGovern were to be traded to Freo, it would be the first time that a decent player had moved between the two clubs.

Furthermore - no one has said Jeremy will go this year. If he is to go at all, I would suspect it would be next year once his contract has ended. J McGovern is a restricted free agent next year, mind you. Pretty much all commentary has said Mitch this year, maybe Jeremy next year.

Alright, let me rephrase that. No best 22 player has gone from WC to Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread The McGovern Brothers to go to Fremantle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back