The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how I feel about this.

I like the idea of Potter but I can also see him running at whatever the next big opportunity is (ala Maresca).
I kind of wonder if he'll ever get a chance to work for a top 6 team again actually. Just think the Chelsea stint is going to hinder that for a while yet.

Feel for you Jatz if you end up with Cooper.
Absolutely gutted. Of all the choices...

The feeling around the club is as bad as I've ever seen it. Members just got slugged a massive ticket price increase in recent days and we're now a appointing a manager that seemingly 90% don't want (including myself).

Be amazed if we don't end up relegated in similar circumstances to Sheffield.

Absolutely gutted. Of all the choices...

The feeling around the club is as bad as I've ever seen it. Members just got slugged a massive ticket price increase in recent days and we're now a appointing a manager that seemingly 90% don't want (including myself).

Be amazed if we don't end up relegated in similar circumstances to Sheffield.

Surprised by that, to me it looks like a great appointment. I thought he did amazing job at Forest. Not just the promotion but to then keep them up after being lumped with 20+ new players was admirable. Not an easy position to be in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised by that, to me it looks like a great appointment. I thought he did an amazing job at Forest.
And a good manager to keep even if they did go down.

Surprised by that, to me it looks like a great appointment. I thought he did amazing job at Forest. Not just the promotion but to then keep them up after being lumped with 20+ new players was admirable. Not an easy position to be in.
Wish he'd stayed there.

Don't think he did anything amazing by keeping them up. Leeds (31) and Southampton (25) meant that it wasn't a particularly impressive total needed to survive. Hell, even we only got 34 points that year.

They ended up with the same number of wins as us, with a -13 inferior goal difference. The only reason they survived was the extra draws they had.

They also only scored 38 goals that whole campaign. Our supporter base was miserable watching Maresca's team score 89 goals - watching a team score 1 a game won't be good.

He'll be sacked by the end of next season, I'm absolutely convinced of it. Next to no one wants him there and they will not get behind him.

Wish he'd stayed there.

Don't think he did anything amazing by keeping them up. Leeds (31) and Southampton (25) meant that it wasn't a particularly impressive total needed to survive. Hell, even we only got 34 points that year.

They ended up with the same number of wins as us, with a -13 inferior goal difference. The only reason they survived was the extra draws they had.

They also only scored 38 goals that whole campaign. Our supporter base was miserable watching Maresca's team score 89 goals - watching a team score 1 a game won't be good.

He'll be sacked by the end of next season, I'm absolutely convinced of it. Next to no one wants him there and they will not get behind him.

He got lumped with a whole new team after the owners went crazy in the transfer market. It was such a unique position to be in, I can’t think of any comparable situation and he did about as well as could be expected imo.

It’ll be a shame if the supporters sabotage his chances because he looks like a really good manager to me. At least good enough to be given a fair go.

He got lumped with a whole new team after the owners went crazy in the transfer market. It was such a unique position to be in, I can’t think of any comparable situation and he did about as well as could be expected imo.

It’ll be a shame if the supporters sabotage his chances because he looks like a really good manager to me. At least good enough to be given a fair go.
He'll get his fair go elsewhere.

The combination of managing our rivals and playing poor football means he won't be liked here.

It's not his fault, it's that ****ing clown we have in as director of football who clearly has pictures of our owner. He's the reason we're in the mess we're in but for some reason is untouchable.

Wish he'd stayed there.

He had an amazing season taking us from last to the EPL on the back of several loaned players. His players loved him, so he's a good man manager. He became so negative with his tactics in our second season in the EPL, and I have no doubt we would have gone back down again. Nuno wasn't perfect, but he did enough to save us and we had many players who improved immensely in the second half of the season.

I feel like Cooper can succeed based on team spirit, but is devoid of innovation and can't seem to find out what his best side is. When things aren't going his way, he's going to close up shop and go way too defensive.

Good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back