The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever happened to Kjetil Knutsen? He was all the rage 1-2 years ago.

Pretty unique circumstances at Bodo. Plastic pitch and within Arctic circle. He has some deal with Bodo where he gets a percentage of the transfer fee on players sold so it is not worth him leaving financially for the level of clubs that have been interested in him. Basically all the players that have been sold have flopped and gone back to Bodo so I think that would turn off potential suitors too with potentially a system that only works in his unique situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do like that we don't just go for the same old recycled managers.

He does have some familiarity with the club as he spent time here on one of those coaches go to other clubs to learn situations.

Definitely a big risk but then so too have been our previous two managers.

Surely Potter is going to get back into management soon. Seems to be wasting his career twiddling his thumbs. Nobody will really hold the Boehly bullet against him.
You say that as if he's a player. He has maybe 20-30 years in management. Taking a few years to develop and advance his philosophy is hardly a waste.

You say that as if he's a player. He has maybe 20-30 years in management. Taking a few years to develop and advance his philosophy is hardly a waste.
Agree he has plenty of time. But do think the longer it is post Chelsea, the further down the food chain in England he has to go. If he doesn't get a job this summer I don't think he's a chance for a top 6 job next up. Whereas in the last 12 months he could have been seriously considered for the Utd, Newcastle and Spurs jobs.

A well run club in France or Germany might be best fit for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back