Vic The joke that is the Victorian Liberal Party.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you genuinely believe Posie Parker is interested in "Womans Rights"? I am inclined to believe she is just a run of the mill homophobe hiding behind Womens Rights while she grifts from the right wing angertainment industry.

I don't have any stats. I would say I have had many many more casual conversations about trans issues than I have about DV. DV will bring down the mood in any room down in an instant - trans jokes will have the boys laughing their heads off.

The trans debate is big news for all the wrong reasons - it is a culture war - and sport seems to be the central battle ground. Yet the fact is trans men are prevented from competing in most (if not all) elite woman's sports. Rightly. The settings are already right.

But the debate rages on - why?
There's not much debate to be had with DV. Almost everyone agrees it's wrong, at least publicly.

The trans debate is much more controversial, and therefore more interesting to discuss. I wouldn't say that makes it more important to most.

There's not much debate to be had with DV. Almost everyone agrees it's wrong, at least publicly.

The trans debate is much more controversial, and therefore more interesting to discuss. I wouldn't say that makes it more important to most.
I think there is an underlying feeling of "not all men" and this does make DV some sort of "woke" issue that not all men have to deal with - which then kicks the issue down the road again.

Also, not everyone agrees it is wrong. Pauline Hansen and others in parliament rail against woman claiming they use DV as a weapon. 7 harboured an alleged rapist for reasons we do not know. Newscorp championed that same alleged rapist for reasons we do not know. And there was not much resistance by anyone - apparently that is just how it works.

The trans issue is confected outrage. Like boat people. Most people in Australia will never come across a boat person or a trans person in their life. And they would actually be perfectly fine if they did. But for some reason the whole thing creates outrage.

I think there is an underlying feeling of "not all men" and this does make DV some sort of "woke" issue that not all men have to deal with - which then kicks the issue down the road again.
Id rather view it as a societal issue than purely a mens issue. Oftentimes it can be caused by untreated mental health issues.
Also, not everyone agrees it is wrong. Pauline Hansen and others in parliament rail against woman claiming they use DV as a weapon. 7 harboured an alleged rapist for reasons we do not know. Newscorp championed that same alleged rapist for reasons we do not know. And there was not much resistance by anyone - apparently that is just how it works.
Fair enough. Paulin Hanson's views are generally minority views, and I suggest they would be in this case too.
The trans issue is confected outrage. Like boat people. Most people in Australia will never come across a boat person or a trans person in their life. And they would actually be perfectly fine if they did. But for some reason the whole thing creates outrage.
The person behind the argument often gets forgotten here. Trans people are people who should be treated with dignity and respect for who they are.

Personally, I find the most vocal parts of both sides of the debate obnoxious at times. The issues can be worked out with respect and science rather than outrage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back