news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"When" mystic mac.

I dont know, if the pay day is right Volk can be the hero, get paid, and even if he loses it doesnt impact his standing at his weight.

Feels like a no lose situation to me.
And Chandler isn't a 170 guy, he's 155 not cutting weight so not a lot different to Volk on fight night...

Won't be at much of a size disadvantage compared to Leon or a proper 170 guy

Islam v Tsarukyan should be next, Islam hasn’t defended enough at 155 for a champ champ fight yet. Two defences against the 145 champ, one of which was on 12 days notice for Volk and a defence against Dustin who legit is a stylistic dream for Islam.

Leon would beat him anyhow 155-170 is a big jump.

Lots of carry-on that Khamzat is out of his fight against Rob. Fingers crossed it's all bs. Khamzat out would really suck.
Been confirmed now. Rob is now fighting Ikram Aliskerov

Absolutely ridiculous Chimaev pulls out again. He's had 4 fights in 4 years and only scraped by Usman on what 3 days notice? Holland on short notice up a weight at the time too. Pathetic

Was a great fight on paper, best for months ahead (big call as there's some good ones), and Rob was $3 odds so I'm very annoyed haha

Been confirmed now. Rob is now fighting Ikram Aliskerov

I'm spewing, what a great fight it could have been. Haven't heard of this Aliskerov but he's a multiple world combat sambo champ, at 31 probably in his prime too, dangerous fight for Whittaker with not much upside (other than getting paid i guess)

I'm spewing, what a great fight it could have been. Haven't heard of this Aliskerov but he's a multiple world combat sambo champ, at 31 probably in his prime too, dangerous fight for Whittaker with not much upside (other than getting paid i guess)
He's a problem. He slept Phil Hawes badly when they fought and did the same to Warrley Alves not too long ago. Against Hawes he got a little over excited and fell over trying to throw too hard, but against Alves he looked like a killer. I haven't seen much of his groundwater yet, but with the sambo background I expect ots at least solid. His striking looks very good and he packs plenty of power. A real dangerous opponent to take on for Rob as his profile is so low.

He's a problem. He slept Phil Hawes badly when they fought and did the same to Warrley Alves not too long ago. Against Hawes he got a little over excited and fell over trying to throw too hard, but against Alves he looked like a killer. I haven't seen much of his groundwater yet, but with the sambo background I expect ots at least solid. His striking looks very good and he packs plenty of power. A real dangerous opponent to take on for Rob as his profile is so low.

I wonder if Whittaker's team made that point to try and get some more money out of the UFC? He'd deserve it, maybe that was part of the deal anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Khamzat come into the UFC wanting to be extremely active.. let this sink in..

Khamzat was in the UFC about 18 months before Alex Pereira but Pereira is a 2 division champ while Khamzat hasn't done shit.
He's been ruined by Covid, doubt we'll ever see the best of him now.

Aliskerov is a very dangerous fight for Rob. Gains next to nothing with a win, and risking it against a guy with a strong all-round skill set and very much on the rise. To bring it all together, his only loss is via an uppercut from hell from Khamzat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back