Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bivol/Beterbiev fight week!

8am Adelaide time is what i have listed and the Saudi's always run late so this is perfect. Fight of the year is coming up fast

Wide odds on Beterbiev by decision 👀

Only way Betervbiev wins a decision is if he gets a couple or more knockdowns and correct me if I'm wrong Bivol has never been knocked down has he?

Only way Betervbiev wins a decision is if he gets a couple or more knockdowns and correct me if I'm wrong Bivol has never been knocked down has he?
I dont necessarily agree he needs knockdowns to win a decision but it'd help! He comes forward constantly and will land the far heavier shots of the 2 whether he scores a KD or not...

Bivol never going down also helps in it going the distance, which gives the long odds bet a chance.

From most to least likely scenarios IMO

Bivol Decision
Beterbiev Decision
Beterbiev stoppage
Draw
Bivol stoppage

In terms of value i think Beterb decision is the bet, despite Bivol decision being a likely scenario (gun to head I'd pick that too). It's such a close fight, at > 10/1 I think Beterb can take the cards more often than that! 6/1 fairer

I dont necessarily agree he needs knockdowns to win a decision but it'd help! He comes forward constantly and will land the far heavier shots of the 2 whether he scores a KD or not...

Bivol never going down also helps in it going the distance, which gives the long odds bet a chance.

From most to least likely scenarios IMO

Bivol Decision
Beterbiev Decision
Beterbiev stoppage
Draw
Bivol stoppage

In terms of value i think Beterb decision is the bet, despite Bivol decision being a likely scenario (gun to head I'd pick that too). It's such a close fight, at > 10/1 I think Beterb can take the cards more often than that! 6/1 fairer
When fighting Beterbiev, I'm not sure if never being down is particularly important to consider, well at least when considering how good his chin is. The most important thing will be not getting hit or at least not often, rather than being able to take his shots for 12 rounds. If he is able to consistently connect, I'm not sure anyone goes the distance with Beterbiev.
I agree that it's not crazy to think he can win without knockdowns, his pressure alone can win enough rounds, especially if Bovol isn't throwing as much as he needs to.

When fighting Beterbiev, I'm not sure if never being down is particularly important to consider, well at least when considering how good his chin is. The most important thing will be not getting hit or at least not often, rather than being able to take his shots for 12 rounds. If he is able to consistently connect, I'm not sure anyone goes the distance with Beterbiev.
I agree that it's not crazy to think he can win without knockdowns, his pressure alone can win enough rounds, especially if Bovol isn't throwing as much as he needs to.
Deines, Gvozdyk, Koelling, Browne all took it pretty late against Artur

Bivol chin looks pretty good as well as his movement/defence. I don't think it's as black and white as many suggest in that it's Beterb KO or lose...

Deines, Gvozdyk, Koelling, Browne all took it pretty late against Artur

Bivol chin looks pretty good as well as his movement/defence. I don't think it's as black and white as many suggest in that it's Beterb KO or lose...
His ability to carry power from round 1 to round 12 makes him a tough assignment for anyone. I agree that it isn't Beterbiev KO or lose, he absolutely could win a decision if it goes the distance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back