Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodged and weaved the best?

He fought prime Wilder 3 times
Fury been inactive and has very few top wins on the resume. Never defended the belts and his bullshit the last few years rubbed many the wrong way. Loved him going after Wilder in his come back but hes been a knob ever since

Both AJ and Usyk have tougher strength of schedule the last 5-6 years. Parker too

Dodged and weaved the best?

He fought prime Wilder 3 times

That's subjective as most think Wilder is crap.

No excuses what happened post Wilder though.

Whyte, Chisora 3 and Ngannou... Only reason he took the risk and fought Usyk is because Saudi's got involved and the money was too good.

That's subjective as most think Wilder is crap.

It's not subjective that Wilder was a world champion who defended his title umpteen times and many people were calling him one of the heaviest punchers ever.

It's also not subjective that others weren't willing to fight Wilder but Fury was.

It's not subjective that Wilder was a world champion who defended his title umpteen times and many people were calling him one of the heaviest punchers ever.

It's also not subjective that others weren't willing to fight Wilder but Fury was.

True but even if you count Wilder Furys resume is razor thin.

True but even if you count Wilder Furys resume is razor thin.
Fury fought Wladimir Klitschko back in the day.

Anyway, isn't this a big problem with boxing in general. Most of the best only fight once or twice a year. So they only fight 5 or 10 times in their primes.

For example both Fury and Wilder still haven't fought Joshua.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay . The 10-8 round was pivotal and the difference .
Usyks ring craft is beautiful to watch .

Wonder if the comeback and 3 Wilder fights have taken the edge off Fury a little . Feels like he peaked in the 2nd fight and has slowly moved down the other side of the mountain
Booze, cocaine, and yoyo dieting 50 pounds regularly probably took alot out of him.

Id fancy him in the rematch, when he came forward he fought well but gave rounds up fighting off the back foot. If he comes out aggressive, coming forward, sitting down on more punches and smothers Usyk if he extends I think hes a good chance tbh. Obviously predicated on him training properly and he might be finished in that regard...

Anyone know the purses for last weekend plus the rematch?

View attachment 1995603

That's the state of play before the ref jumped in, Usyk would have finished the show.. 100%.. most hurt Fury has ever been.

The ref got in Usyks way a couple times so was struggling to decide what to do imo.

Even when he asked Fury to walk toward him, he didn't, the ref walked toward Fury LMAO.

Yep, plenty of refs would allowed that to continue - and he'd have only needed a few more shots to put him down properly.

Usyk clearly won 1-2
Fury clearly won 3-6
Usyk clearly won 8-11 with a KD
7 and 12 were close.

Usyk won imo, it'll be interesting to see who got the nod the 12th because Furys corner said job done before the start of the 12th.

I thought Fury won the first 6 and Usyk the next 6 with the KD being the deciding factor.

Usyk struggled with Fury's height / reach in the first half of the fight but once he sorted that out he just out worked Fury.

I thought Fury won the first 6 and Usyk the next 6 with the KD being the deciding factor.

Usyk struggled with Fury's height / reach in the first half of the fight but once he sorted that out he just out worked Fury.
You couldn't give Fury 1 or 2? He took over from 4-8 from memory then it was all Usyk again.

Whole event is up on Excellent Turkis youtube channel too.

Not big names but Babic v Fisher announced. That will be fantastic however long it lasts

Booze, cocaine, and yoyo dieting 50 pounds regularly probably took alot out of him.

Id fancy him in the rematch, when he came forward he fought well but gave rounds up fighting off the back foot. If he comes out aggressive, coming forward, sitting down on more punches and smothers Usyk if he extends I think hes a good chance tbh. Obviously predicated on him training properly and he might be finished in that regard...

Anyone know the purses for last weekend plus the rematch?
Yep agree .
I was expecting him to come in at 270 and try to bang Usyk out , so was quite surprised when he fronted up like he did.

I'm just glad it was a cracking fight , so often they don't live to the hype .

I thought Fury would win and not so sure he will be able to in a rematch . I think he is on the down hill now.

Yep agree .
I was expecting him to come in at 270 and try to bang Usyk out , so was quite surprised when he fronted up like he did.

I'm just glad it was a cracking fight , so often they don't live to the hype .

I thought Fury would win and not so sure he will be able to in a rematch . I think he is on the down hill now.
Yep, it's a good chance. If he can train properly, get fit and give it 100% one last time I think he can win but that's asking alot now.

has to be more aggressive in the rematch, fight like the bigger man

Get his Dad out of the corner too!

View attachment 1995603

That's the state of play before the ref jumped in, Usyk would have finished the show.. 100%.. most hurt Fury has ever been.

The ref got in Usyks way a couple times so was struggling to decide what to do imo.

Even when he asked Fury to walk toward him, he didn't, the ref walked toward Fury LMAO.
would have been Knocked out cold. The ref was horrible.

Yep, it's a good chance. If he can train properly, get fit and give it 100% one last time I think he can win but that's asking alot now.

has to be more aggressive in the rematch, fight like the bigger man

Get his Dad out of the corner too!
Reckon he retires straight away win,lose or draw after the rematch .

The old man is a goose and he has way too many hangers on now .

Still reckon he was at his peak doing his live workouts on insta during covid .
He is a very funny , entertaining person away from the pressers and the like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back