The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that what this is - just Uncle Rup telling you the news? lol

View attachment 2016790

"Should media only publish stories of fluffy teddy bears and waddling penguin" - well sometimes that precisely what they do;

View attachment 2016793
It will just move on to the next bit of bs.

ABC is tax payer funded! That's private media! Free market capitalism!

All to ignore the very real and targeted media control of narratives.

Is that what this is - just Uncle Rup telling you the news? lol

"Should media only publish stories of fluffy teddy bears and waddling penguin" - well sometimes that precisely what they do;

Regardless, the story was news. It is still being discussed today therefore definitely news-worthy. How did you want the story presented?

BTW - I'm not sure media stories should be decided by someone who ends his/her sentences with lol and calls someone Uncle Rup.
Perhaps stick to X.

It's why you're having to remain so vague on your 'criticisms', and you're unable to actually substantiate any of it.

You can't argue that he was too steadfast and refused to make any changes at all.
While also arguing that there was not enough detail or information, and that it was too vague.

I don't need to detail every last thing about the Voice that went wrong, because it's off topic. My ultimate goal is to dismiss the absurdity of the contention that referendum that showed a shift from 2/3 Yes voters to less than 2/5 within a 15 month period was based on racism.

If I raise the term 'executive government' from the Voice campaign as an example of both Albo's inflexibility and vagueness at the same time, then all I'll get it a million questions from you and a demand for a critique of 3 or 4 articles from early 2023. And quite frankly, I can't be ****ed!

I don't need to detail every last thing about the Voice
And I've never asked you to.

I've been very specific in my questions, including quoting your own words in reference to my question.

My ultimate goal is to dismiss the absurdity of the contention that referendum that showed a shift from 2/3 Yes voters to less than 2/5 within a 15 month period was based on racism.
Aside from being a strange ultimate goal. It's also not what's being argued.

The change was from a dedicated disinformation campaign, from incredibly well funded bodies such as Advance.

Racism played a part. That doesn't mean that people voted no, or changed their vote to no, because they are racist.

If I raise the term 'executive government' from the Voice campaign as an example of both Albo's inflexibility and vagueness at the same time, then all I'll get it a million questions from you and a demand for a critique of 3 or 4 articles from early 2023. And quite frankly, I can't be ****ed!
"Executive Government" is a different point again.

I've never asked you a million questions, or for articles etc.

This is what I've done.
1718077408665.png
1718077490120.png

Albo’s stance was to just get his broad model across the line and then nut out the details afterwards. He also chose to tie up constitutional recognition in with the Voice to parliament, which meant that there was an opportunity missed there. The latter had the terrible effect of making those who didn’t like the Voice model look racist in not wanting to constitutionally recognise First Nations people. He refused to negotiate on any of this.

I'm not attacking you. I'm addressing the misinformation.
I'm not calling you a liar, I'm listing you under the many people who were misled by the misinformation that was pushed so heavily by media and social media.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm listing you under the many people who were misled by the misinformation that was pushed so heavily by media and social media.

I voted Yes FFS!

Out of interest, were Albo to run with a campaign to redo the Voice referendum in his next term, do you think there is anything that he should do differently?

I voted Yes FFS!
I didn't say that you didn't.

You must realise that you keep having to pivot, right? Stop and ask yourself why.
If you're so sure of your position, and you feel you're so well researched, why do you need to keep making distance from substantiating your statements??

You keep claiming the existence of something that didn't exist.
As I cannot prove that something that didn't exist, doesn't exist... like the Loch Ness Monster... I'm asking you to substantiate your claims, in order to show you that they aren't true.

But you can't substantiate them, and instead you move on to other claims, or other excuses.

Out of interest, were Albo to run with a campaign to redo the Voice referendum in his next term, do you think there is anything that he should do differently?
Yes.

Regardless, the story was news. It is still being discussed today therefore definitely news-worthy. How did you want the story presented?

BTW - I'm not sure media stories should be decided by someone who ends his/her sentences with lol and calls someone Uncle Rup.
Perhaps stick to X.
The "story" wasn't "news" until News Corp went looking for, and unsurprisingly found, someone with a vested interest in hte decision, and used that as justification to splash it on the front page.

Perhaps a headline like "Andrews given King's Bday Honour" might have been a good way to report it... You know... with the facts???

Perhaps stick to X.
Which bit was news?

That Dan Andrews got honours?

Or that some random rent a quote idiot is still pissed off with him?

Which bit was news?

That Dan Andrews got honours?

Or that some random rent a quote idiot is still pissed off with him?
You must live in a bubble if you think this didn't cause quite a bit outrage with a good many Victorians. It wasn't just only a 'random'.
Besides which I doubt that News Ltd are in the business of writing stories that their readership will not engage with.

Can't wait for the Murdoch papers and their LNP mates to lose their shit over this one.

ABC Chair Kim Williams, speaking on a panel at Sydney’s Vivid Festival on Wednesday night, said that the Coalition’s recently spruiked nuclear policy was “absent any of the normal fabric of policy formulation”.

Last edited:
You must live in a bubble if you think this didn't cause quite a bit outrage with a good many Victorians. It wasn't just only a 'random'.
Besides which I doubt that News Ltd are in the business of writing stories that their readership will not engage with.
Sorry... Now it's a "random" member of the opposition leading a petition to have it revoked... Are you suggesting that still qualifies as news?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was responding to another poster who said the outrage was all the fault of a random rent a quote idiot.
You've also said that it was, and still is news.

This is the "news" I heard today... Which supports my contention that the initial outrage was a media concoction.

The newest rent an idiot just happens to be a member of parliament.

You've also said that it was, and still is news.

This is the "news" I heard today... Which supports my contention that the initial outrage was a media concoction.

The newest rent an idiot just happens to be a member of parliament.
I said that two days ago.
How long does a story need to run for it to be classified as news?
5 days, 10 days, a month?

I said that two days ago.
How long does a story need to run for it to be classified as news?
5 days, 10 days, a month?
The point I'm trying to make is that the BS rinse and repeat that happened today is the same as the faux outrage on the day it happeneed.

The "news" was concocted by News Corp, and those that are now angry are only angry because News Corp told them to be.

Reading the comments from you guys talking about the future of the ABC is like watching a dead horse being flogged
1718270541464-png.2018754

Remove this Banner Ad

Back