The DESTRUCTION of West Australian and South Australian Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2004
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Derby County FC
i just dont understand why interstate football fans from West and South Australia can take themselves seriously when complaining about the league and the deals that are handed out to their clubs.

(Obviously i am mainly talking about Crows and Weagles supporters)

What i have to say to these people is: shut up, why on earth did you join a VICTORIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE and then expect everything to be given to you on a plate. (Which in West Coast cases was world class favouring for the first seven years. In which for benefit of the National Comp, they got all the draft selections they wanted to create a state team).

Face it boys... your states where insuperior to the greatest football state.. which was destroying your local leagues by its pure might, so that eventually succumbed to the pressure abandoned some great culturally historical football clubs to support generic lifeless state teams with no history or heart.

Not only this but ask your average 21 year old in Western Australia, any question about the WAFL'S history or about VFL history and they will know nothing. I suspect its the same in South Australia but a smaller level.

I and many Victorians, West Australians, and South Australians think its a dam shame that two great football states gave in to the might of a stronger league and destroyed all the history and culture of two once great football states.

PS:
92 94: "Yeah well done".. you destroyed a whole state's rich football culture for 2 flags. These two flags achieved in a period of seven years of being a state team.

Dont you think if Victoria had entered a state team in the WAFL or SANFL for the late 80's or early 90's they may of won more than one flag in seven years.

PPS:
The picture describing Western Australian football was once Brain Peake running down the wing at Fremantle Oval in a heated Fremantle Derby full of partisan passion.
FAST-FORWARD: The picture of West Australian football is now a 10 year kid wearing a ocre eagles jumper being told to sit down as he jumps up from his seat to celebrate a goal at subiaco.

sedders said:
that whinge really wasn't worth it now was it.

PS you're a tosser

PPS a REAL tosser

It wasnt a whinge and I forgive you for not understanding that because of the Rockingham Education System. What I just posted was a perfect argument describing the effects of the VFL in WA and you who couldnt hack the fact that I was right so you went for the 'tosser' approach.

From history to this

s_we00sc.jpg

this has to be the biggest bullsh** i've ever read. Fair enough West Coast joining the VFl, but the crows joined when the league was changed to AFL. It wasn't SA and WA giving in, it was the creation of a national league! It is no longer a victorian league but a national league, and go on about it as much as you want, it will be a national comp!

you are an official tosser mate

Jafa said:
Seven paragraphs to say four simple words.

"I hate the Eagles"

Did you even read the post? Don't be annoyed because your club destroyed everything that was good about WA footy and replaced it with the biggest filth known to man.

Mastablingbling said:
You idiot aaaarrrrrrrrr.
The licence fees from the interstate clubs saved the hides of almost all the Victorian clubs. Fitzroy folded and the Swans moved to Sydney. The TV rights have helped all clubs. It's now a national competition. Deal with it linga.

The Preliminary Final rort at the MCG has been fixed. Eventually the Grand Final will be played around the country on a rotating basis but first we'll get the Brownlow medal changed to reflect the fact it's national comp. All this became inevitable once the VFL was no longer financially viable.

Up yours Linga! :D :D

linga_is_no1 said:
Did you even read the post? Don't be annoyed because your club destroyed everything that was good about WA footy and replaced it with the biggest filth known to man.

Who said anything about being annoyed.

With you - it is the same diatribe weekly. You have no capacity for anything else - so why bother reading it.

You are boring - and would quite frankly do us all a favour by ending yourself.

linga_is_no1 said:
i just dont understand why interstate football fans from West and South Australia can take themselves seriously when complaining about the league and the deals that are handed out to their clubs.

What i have to say to these people is: shut up, why on earth did you join a VICTORIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE and then expect everything to be given to you on a plate. (Which in West Coast cases was world class favouring for the first seven years. In which for benefit of the National Comp, they got all the draft selections they wanted to create a state team).

Face it boys... your states where insuperior to the greatest football state.. which was destroying your local leagues by its pure might, so that eventually succumbed to the pressure abandoned some great culturally historical football clubs to support generic lifeless state teams with no history or heart.

Not only this but ask your average 21 year old in Western Australia, any question about the WAFL'S history or about VFL history and they will know nothing. I suspect its the same in South Australia but a smaller level.

I and many Victorians, West Australians, and South Australians think its a dam shame that two great football states gave in to the might of a stronger league and destroyed all the history and culture of two once great football states.

PS:
92 94: "Yeah well done".. you destroyed a whole state's rich football culture for 2 flags. These two flags achieved in a period of seven years of being a state team.

Dont you think if Victoria had entered a state team in the WAFL or SANFL for the late 80's or early 90's they may of won more than one flag in seven years.

PPS:
The picture describing Western Australian football was once Brain Peake running down the wing at Fremantle Oval in a heated Fremantle Derby full of partisan passion.
FAST-FORWARD: The picture of West Australian football is now a 10 year kid wearing a ocre eagles jumper being told to sit down as he jumps up from his seat to celebrate a goal at subiaco.

Option 1: Ban this ********, all he dishes out is crap.
Option 2: Committ suicide and save the admins the hassle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

linga_is_no1 said:
You so obviously fall into this category too, as you have highlighted how little you know about the creation of the AFL.

Do your research before you post about things you know little about, then maybe you wont be considered as a joke!

I can't begin to imagine how much you are hurting right now linga.
I believe this is the phase in life they call 'puberty'.

linga_is_no1 said:

PS:

PPS:
How are the Vic teams travelling buddy?
You're a bonafide anus.

What linga doesn't realise is that about 6 or 7 Vic clubs including his would be no more if the VFL didn't go national.

Thank God for the non Vic clubs. Thank god for the national competition.

Thank god linga doesn't represent the views of most of the Victorian public when it comes to AFL. It is only him and the editor of the Feral Hun who still has a 1980's mindset like this.

Terrible terrible troll.

linga_is_no1 said:

PS:

PPS:

You are a complete utter joke. You know that? It's obivous that you really either envy the Crows and Eagles or just plain hate them because they are non-victorian. I'm pretty confident when I say that you are just another Victorian trying your best to dish out bull********, obviously frustrated and angered by the fact that there will be NO FOOTY IN VICTORIA on the week before the Grand Final and also it is completely eating you up inside that the possibility of all 6 interstate clubs making the 8 is becoming very realistic. Seriously get a grip you idiot. I agree with the majority in this thread. You are a tosser.

Joffaboy said:
What linga doesn't realise is that about 6 or 7 Vic clubs including his would be no more if the VFL didn't go national.

Thank God for the non Vic clubs. Thank god for the national competition.

Thank god linga doesn't represent the views of most of the Victorian public when it comes to AFL. It is only him and the editor of the Feral Hun who still has a 1980's mindset like this.

Terrible terrible troll.

He doesn't represnt the Vics at all, he's a West aussie

linga_is_no1 said:
i Face it boys... your states where insuperior to the greatest football state.. which was destroying your local leagues by its pure might, so that eventually succumbed to the pressure abandoned some great culturally historical football clubs to support generic lifeless state teams with no history or heart.

So it was the mighty superior VFL that destroyed the WAFL and not the eagles. Your words. Thanks idiot. :rolleyes:

Not forgetting that the AFL abandoned great culturally historical football clubs in both South Melbourne and then Fitzroy. :rolleyes:

I just find this periodic outburst by linga hilarious. He bemoans the "destruction" of WA and SA football, yet supports an AFL team from Victoria - the state which almost destroyed football - Australia wide - with its greed in the 1980s.

If the VFL hadn't gone mad with spending - and that included Geelong - then the WAFL and SANFL wouldn't have been stripped of all their good players.

There'd still be a national competition by now though. And probably one that would be better structured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back