Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

either should've a few of our players who should've remonstrated. soft as hell. And we'll carry that soft tag all season long until the culture changes.

This team is a lot of things but I don’t think they’re soft at all. Clearly the players a) weren’t sure how dirty the Maynard hit was and b) didn’t want to get suspended in the finals.

This team is a lot of things but I don’t think they’re soft at all. Clearly the players a) weren’t sure how dirty the Maynard hit was and b) didn’t want to get suspended in the finals.
I'm the biggest fan of remonstrations on here but what are they supposed to do? If they give a dirty look to umpy they get a 50 these days lol

Yep, like we had a shot on goal that was guaranteed. Would be incredibly stupid to reverse it.
He's the same flog who probably called JVR a dickhead for getting suspended for his bump but also wants us to fly the flag.

Reading this I think I’ve been transported back to the 80s. When’s the last time a team knocked out players from the opposition in retaliation? The old wrestle and jumper punch as good as you’ll get today. No player is going to go out and start king hitting the oppos best.

And as someone else said we aren’t a soft side. It’s just a really difficult space that after hit moment.

Reading this I think I’ve been transported back to the 80s. When’s the last time a team knocked out players from the opposition in retaliation? The old wrestle and jumper punch as good as you’ll get today. No player is going to go out and start king hitting the oppos best.

And as someone else said we aren’t a soft side. It’s just a really difficult space that after hit moment.
You can't jumper punch now you get a week, you can act like a tough guy though and grab a little shirt

Remonstrating these days has to be pretty well disguised. I remember Zak Jones hit one of our guys in 2022 and Stephen May gave him an ear massage way later in the game when he had the chance.

either should've a few of our players who should've remonstrated. soft as hell. And we'll carry that soft tag all season long until the culture changes.
You're a strange one.

You want players to remonstrate but then I remember you clearly having a crack at JVR last year for getting suspended for his bump on McStay.

Pick and choose which side of the fence you want to sit on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a strange one.

You want players to remonstrate but then I remember you clearly having a crack at JVR last year for getting suspended for his bump on McStay.

Pick and choose which side of the fence you want to sit on.
his bump on Mcstay was almost an accident. he didn't even mean to hit mcstay. He was trying to be tough and misread everything and stuck his elbow out.

It was not a 'making a statement' bump. if you can even call it a bump.

if an all in melee happened what would happen? a fine and probably giving away a free kick. Who would've cared? instead we do nothing and sit on that soft effort for 6 months.

where was May in all of that? Nowhere to be seen.

if an all in melee happened what would happen? a fine and probably giving away a free kick. Who would've cared? instead we do nothing and sit on that soft effort for 6 months.

where was May in all of that? Nowhere to be seen.
What would have happened in a pussy little meleee? You would have felt good and a bunch of fines?

That being said, you can't really argue with 68/70 rounds in the top four over a three-year period. Personally, I would've waited to see how the finals played out, but I get why they wanted to get it out of the way.
Wanna make a bet 😏

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back