Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials Pt2 * Justice Lee - "Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins."

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

She has been defamed and mud sticks
Irregardless of apologies made she will be forever tai ted with this affair
I’d pursue the matter fully

Reynolds had her say on Spotlight and Justice Lee has decided it, I really can't see the point of going on with it. Reynolds looks like a bit of a bully at this point imo.

Regardless of today's judgement, it appears that this matter may well continue, via appeal.

Lehrmann has another at least one, rape trial to face. If I was him, I'd be making noise about an appeal as well whether I was serious about it or not.

Lehrmann has another at least one, rape trial to face. If I was him, I'd be making noise about an appeal as well whether I was serious about it or not.
Yes, I think the Queensland rape allegation trial may well provide further evidence for an appeal in this case. In any event, it would be to his advantage to delay the resolution of costs until it is decided.

Thanks, I stand corrected. The ACCC should definitely look into how much she is entitled to keep of the payout, with consideration given to Lee's findings. Looking at section 2.1, you'd have to come to the conclusion of "not much".
She should keep it all, no amount of money is enough for what that scumbag Lehrmann did to her

I don't get this obsession with how Lehrmman is financing his legal actions.
Sure its interesting in a tabloid click-bait sense however at the end of the day we live in a democracy where everyone is entitled to have representation by a lawyer.

The alternative is the legal system becomes a refuge for only those who can afford to pay. Is that what people want?

Does an appeal mean the courts go through all the same stuff again? As in videos, witness, experts, BH once again has to describe her rape? Or does someone just go over the previous stuff?

Sure its interesting in a tabloid click-bait sense however at the end of the day we live in a democracy where everyone is entitled to have representation by a lawyer.

The alternative is the legal system becomes a refuge for only those who can afford to pay. Is that what people want?
Hey, if Uncle Kerry wants to open his wallet for everyone other than just a former Liberal dimwit rapist then that's fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not an obsession.

In this case as in most cases of defamation, it is.

I and many others have a problem with a rapist being funded by some party giving them seemingly endless avenues to appeal and drag out the legal process (and forcing the victim to relive the trauma). It affords them legal representation not available to 99.9% of us, including victims. What is the motivation of the donor/s to try to get a rapist exonerated? You don't have any problem with this?

I and many others have a problem with a rapist being funded by some party giving them seemingly endless avenues to appeal and drag out the legal process (and forcing the victim to relive the trauma). What is the motivation of the donor/s to try to get a rapist exonerated? You don't have any problem with this?
The alternative is a lynch mob.
Even Ivan Milat and Bilal Skaf had legal representation. And they appealed their sentences. Thats just how our legal system works and I don't know what the alternative is if we work on the basis that everyone is presumed innocent.

The alternative is a lynch mob.
Even Ivan Milat and Bilal Skaf had legal representation. And they appealed their sentences. Thats just how our legal system works and I don't know what the alternative is if we work on the basis that everyone is presumed innocent.
Nobody has in issue with people having legal representation. Do you have any concerns about an anonymous backer providing legal funding to a rapist far in excess of what almost all victims would be able to access? Many people perceive this as an abuse of the legal system.

He's not winning an appeal (not sure why it would be funny if he did).
Everything about this since that night has been absolutely disastrous and it keeps getting worse with the intervention of television people and horrendous lawyers.
A pix on itself from the beginning and the actual crime lost in the forest.

Everything about this since that night has been absolutely disastrous and it keeps getting worse with the intervention of television people and horrendous lawyers.
A pix on itself from the beginning and the actual crime lost in the forest.

If he's committed the rape (and Justice Lee certainly believes so) then why would it be funny if he won an appeal?

I'd hate for any victim to be in the position Higgins has been in, whether she's conducted herself perfectly is pretty immaterial.

Always bemused by this.
Why call him Uncle if he is not his uncle or he is not a First Nations person.
I'll let my 9yr old non blood God son that you don't approve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back