The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D :D :D @ whoever was the muppet that said Lucas has been better than Tiote.

Most of the people are dissing Lucas, because he's an easy target. The guy plays with heart for 90 minutes week in week out and wears the badge with pride, the role he plays in our 5-3-2 ain't easy especially if there is zero quality coming your back four or your midfield.

This guy isn't even near the biggest problem for us, yeah he had an off game against West Ham were he was completely abysmal, though so did 8 other men so stop just pointing him out.

Alan Smith tries hard for us too (when he gets a game), does that mean he's good enough? No.

Liverpool need more than people who 'try hard' if they want to progress. 'Trying hard' is good for teams that are fighting relegation - not for teams who want to be challenging for the title.

What type of winger are you gonna get for 8 mill btw (predicting Lass Diarra fee). Quality wingers cost 20 mill+ and given the huge competition for width in the market this summer (Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Man City will all be looking for quality wide men) your not really going to be in the frame to compete for the type of player you want.

Your also forgetting one quality wide man in all of this and thats Luis Suarez. Dont know about you but bits of play in the game vs West Ham showed Suarez is and will be a quality wideman in time. How much better did he look isolated one on one with Tomkins? When he played centrally Upson was able to double up and dominate him. Hes better out on the right of a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 ideally.

:D :D :D @ whoever was the muppet that said Lucas has been better than Tiote.

Alan Smith tries hard for us too (when he gets a game), does that mean he's good enough? No.

Liverpool need more than people who 'try hard' if they want to progress. 'Trying hard' is good for teams that are fighting relegation - not for teams who want to be challenging for the title.

It also helps to have players who play for the name on the front of the shirt, not the one on the back though.

What type of winger are you gonna get for 8 mill btw (predicting Lass Diarra fee). Quality wingers cost 20 mill+ and given the huge competition for width in the market this summer (Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Man City will all be looking for quality wide men) your not really going to be in the frame to compete for the type of player you want.

Your also forgetting one quality wide man in all of this and thats Luis Suarez. Dont know about you but bits of play in the game vs West Ham showed Suarez is and will be a quality wideman in time. How much better did he look isolated one on one with Tomkins? When he played centrally Upson was able to double up and dominate him. Hes better out on the right of a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 ideally.

Your forget he's playing next to Dirk Kuyt, I think playing with Andy Carroll changes that. All i'm saying is i'd rather buy 2 wingers than 2 CM's mate.

Standard Chartered?

If i was ben_09 i'd insert a gif here and make everybody giggle and be happy!

Though i have better things to do with 5-10 minutes of my life..

Also in-case your to ****ing stupid to notice what I was talking about, I was talking about the pride in the Liverpool logo on the front of the shirt.

Your forget he's playing next to Dirk Kuyt, I think playing with Andy Carroll changes that. All i'm saying is i'd rather buy 2 wingers than 2 CM's mate.

Id rather buy quality than buy someone just because they play a certain position. Thats the type of thing West Ham does (cough Wayne Bridge cough) and that hardly works wonders for us

One thing I forgot to point out is while id prefer a Marin I think you guys end up targetting and signing Ashley Young

Shawcross has been atrocious this season, nearly as bad as Skrtel so no way. Huth isn't the quality we need to be in the top 4 again so pass on him aswell.

He hasn't been that bad. He's been better than Skrtel and you need to remember that he's still fairly young.

Robert Huth has been a genuine goalscoring CB this year. Leading scorer for Stoke and leading scoring CB in the EPL. He's been great this year and would be an enormous upgrade on Skrtel.

Gary Cahill is the option I want, may be out of reach as Bolton are asking for a fair bit, but he'd be my first option.

Lucas is a very good 4th choice central mid, but you can't rely on him week in week out.

The way he went off the boil against both Wigan and Hammers is kinda typical Lucas

Defence has me worried though, seriously, Carra has to go. We need someone of Agger's quality without getting injured every 3 weeks, but that's hard enough to find as it is. Hate it when we always play so freakin' deep when Carra's in the side

Samba fits the mould because hes

a) a set piece threat to take the pressure of Andy Carroll

b) fantastic in the air

c) unlike most big men he can actually pass a foobtall

Downside is he is a tad slow, injury prone and a bit clumsy at times but as a CB he brings what the club needs particularly in the first 2 points.

Samba fits the mould because hes

a) a set piece threat to take the pressure of Andy Carroll

b) fantastic in the air

c) unlike most big men he can actually pass a foobtall

Downside is he is a tad slow, injury prone and a bit clumsy at times but as a CB he brings what the club needs particularly in the first 2 points.

Actually agree.

The three premier league center backs i'd take :

Cahill, Samba, P.Jones in that order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9EuIA.jpg

But it doesn't matter anyway.

We have to wait until Spurs sign the 25 best players in the world, Dortmund have to sign the 25 next best players in the world and we can pick and choose from the players not good enough to grace either of those clubs.

Yet another poster who just posts to get a good reputation and try get on the good side of everyone, makes me laugh how hard they try because i've seen K10 try to make little Joe Cole jokes here and there and then he thought 'woah man, i really need a killer hit here' took up 20 maybe 30 minutes of his time to put this masterpiece together.

I'm not anywhere near Cole's biggest fan, i just rather him to Maxi and Kuyt, but whatever you guys think :thumbsu::)

Smh.

I'd rather Maxi to both of them at the moment.

Maxi, Kuyt and Cole in order of preference.

But would prefer to see Sterling, Amoo, Ince, Johnson, Suarez, Gerrard or the kit man have a go on the wing.

Yet another poster who just posts to get a good reputation and try get on the good side of everyone, makes me laugh how hard they try because i've seen K10 try to make little Joe Cole jokes here and there and then he thought 'woah man, i really need a killer hit here' took up 20 maybe 30 minutes of his time to put this masterpiece together.

I'm not anywhere near Cole's biggest fan, i just rather him to Maxi and Kuyt, but whatever you guys think :thumbsu::)

Couldn't care less about that, just mucking around.

Why serious?

I think we need a new CM to pair with Lucas with Meireles in front and start to build our squad for what it is and not built it around Stevie G. he is like Kuyt it isn't massive if we don't play them in their best positions which is sketchy anyway as they age. An attacking LB would go a long way to helping us too, someone opposite Kelly which raises questions for Johnson, I'd have him if I could fit him but I'm beginning to think we can't.

Only thing I know for sure is that it's too cloudy thinking about transfers when we don't even know how we play with Suarez and Carroll..

What we need in summer :

CB
LWB
CM
WNG
WNG
ST

this is what I agree with.

also re: Suarez - not really liking the way he falls when he falls. accentuates his falls. I hope this is modified by the club really quickly.

also re: Suarez - not really liking the way he falls when he falls. accentuates his falls. I hope this is modified by the club really quickly.

Completely agree. Although let's hope he does that against the scum on the weekend and repays them for Berbatov's cheating at OT. After that, he needs to cut that out straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back