The Adelaide United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

a lot of people selling the champions league quarter finalists from a couple years back a bit short. while they're not the same team they were obviously at that stage (no isco, cazorla, joaquin etc) but they're a proud, historic club. it's more intriguing to get someone like a malaga down here than the usual sideshow that comes with the big teams.

If the tickets aren't announced by Monday for the match v Malaga, then there is something seriously wrong with our marketing department! What should have been done, is they should have announced the date of sale for the tickets when they announced the match and put them up for sale this coming Monday! Horrible, just horrible! No way 20k + will show up with this sort of marketing. If it was Barca, then definitely, but we have to remember that it's Malaga and they have no real appeal to most casual football fans. I'll be there, I'm sure most of you guys will be there, but the casual (or even non football fan, to visit the stadium) have no idea this match is even happening!

mojito
Remember the idea I had with the streamers and the Crows first home match at Adelaide Oval, well what if it's organized for United v Victory - Round 2 at Adelaide Oval??

Got my tickets for the Malaga clash yesterday! Interesting to see they don't have the top tier of the eastern stand, western stand and southern stand available to sit in. So it seems they are only expecting about 25k. But if demand is increased I have heard they will open up top tiers.

Got my tickets for the Malaga clash yesterday! Interesting to see they don't have the top tier of the eastern stand, western stand and southern stand available to sit in. So it seems they are only expecting about 25k. But if demand is increased I have heard they will open up top tiers.
Bought my tickets yesterday as well. PAX a bit over 1,500! I don't see more than 20k fans at the game but I would love to be proven wrong, but unfortunately I just can't see casual fans caring much about a mid table La Liga team. LOL apparently there will be the same amount of police presence as a standard Victory game! Are they ****ing serious? :rolleyes:

These pics were taken a few days ago and were posted on the Coopers Stadium facebook page:

10427239_486514384817062_4440796819564364556_n.jpg

10419959_486514374817063_1338587204125110190_n.jpg

10540400_486514401483727_8981109436134928140_n.jpg

1610769_486514474817053_3310047532913956296_n.jpg

10402602_486514778150356_7643893722998942503_n.jpg

Looks like the old days, when Hindmarsh didn't have any seats.
For anyone that doesn't know, Reds seats will be installed at Hindmarsh and the old seats will be donated to local clubs!

Speaking of our FFA Cup match:

Definitely out: Galekovic (All-stars), Chelo (All-stars), Mabil (Young Socceroos), Izzo (Young Socceroos) and Marrone (Injured)
In doubt: Fabio (Injured) and Djite (Injured)

So it looks like young Keeper John Hall will make his Reds debut! A bit worried since he's inexperienced. Has anyone seen him play?

Speaking of our FFA Cup match:

Definitely out: Galekovic (All-stars), Chelo (All-stars), Mabil (Young Socceroos), Izzo (Young Socceroos) and Marrone (Injured)
In doubt: Fabio (Injured) and Djite (Injured)

So it looks like young Keeper John Hall will make his Reds debut! A bit worried since he's inexperienced. Has anyone seen him play?

Decent-ish with his feet. Last time I saw him play was against Victory in the NYL when we got belted something horrid a few seasons ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent-ish with his feet. Last time I saw him play was against Victory in the NYL when we got belted something horrid a few seasons ago.
Thanks. Would be interesting to see how he copes with senior football. Someone has told me that he's fairly tall. Is that true?

FT - Adelaide United 3-0 MetroStars
Goals: 51' Isaias - 62' Jeggo - 71' Jeronimo
Attendance: 1000

I went and watched the game in horrible conditions but I did enjoy watching the boys in their first pre-season game! Our gameplan looks really sharp!
McGowan and Jeggo impressed! Though they did really well and IMO are very good additions to our already great squad! Isaias showed why he won the CC last season, amazing player who really controls our midfield, and he scored a cracker from outside the box! Eugene started the match in goals and pulled off a really good save. He was replace by youngster, Hall! MetroStars hardly troubled him! Cirio and Jero look good as well. Chelo was a bit off his game IMO.

Here's our upcoming pre-season friendly schedule:

July 20th
Adelaide United vs Perth Glory
Belmore Sports Ground - Sydney
Kick off - TBC

July 25th
Adelaide United v Malaga
Adelaide Oval
Kick off - 7:30pm

July 29th
Adelaide United v Adelaide Comets
Venue TBC
Kick-off TBC

:thumbsu:

Gullermo Amor in Adelaide as a consultant coach for a month. For non football people, this guy has played over 300 games for Barca and is now part of their coaching setup.

I like the direction that our club is heading, we are making huge strides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back