Analysis The 2017 Supercoach Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Right guys, ANB, what's the go with him? Always thought of him as a fringe player, but he certainly wasn't that on the weekend! What's his job security like now do you think, and should I be tempted by his 110? Or is Hannan a better option for consistency? This is for AFL Fantasy, not SC btw

Right guys, ANB, what's the go with him? Always thought of him as a fringe player, but he certainly wasn't that on the weekend! What's his job security like now do you think, and should I be tempted by his 110? Or is Hannan a better option for consistency? This is for AFL Fantasy, not SC btw

Unfortunately for ANB he may be the one that has to be dropped when Dom Tyson and Dean Kent come back from injury.

Which flog said don't take a risk on Oliver?
Haha i took Oliver. He helped me get over 2,300 and have me ranked inside the top 1,200.

Good many Clary

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.
Both put on great pressure and reinforced the horses for courses type selection tactic for Etihad.
Took their opportunities and now deserve another go at it.

If they're going to drop someone for Tyson, unfortunately it is probably Salem. Goody was pretty complimentary of Watts in his presser, can't see him dropping him (He was happy that whilst Watts didn't have a great game he was competing in the air and often brought the ball to ground, which he actually did).

Kent coming back in is a real conundrum, ANB or Hannan would be the one to go but obviously can't drop them.

If they're going to drop someone for Tyson, unfortunately it is probably Salem. Goody was pretty complimentary of Watts in his presser, can't see him dropping him (He was happy that whilst Watts didn't have a great game he was competing in the air and often brought the ball to ground, which he actually did).

Kent coming back in is a real conundrum, ANB or Hannan would be the one to go but obviously can't drop them.
Yeah hard to disagree with any of that.
I suppose you make Kent really earn his spot back for another week and Tyson is most certainly best 22 so if fit, should be straight back in. Personally I'd prefer to see him come in ahead of Melksham, reckon Salem is pure class and agree, Wattsy going nowhere. Just hope they let him play with a bit of the freedom that saw him have a good year last year and he doesn't get bogged down just simply doing the things he's been asked at the expense of his overall game.
That sounds stupid I'm sure but he flew at balls he was never going to mark purely to bring it to ground. Is that really what we want Wattsy doing as often as he did? Yes and no but needs to make sure he is getting enough of the pill to hurt teams because he can have 15 possession games and really hurt you. Pedo is more your pack crasher. Wattsy far more creative than that IMO.

Yeah hard to disagree with any of that.
I suppose you make Kent really earn his spot back for another week and Tyson is most certainly best 22 so if fit, should be straight back in. Personally I'd prefer to see him come in ahead of Melksham, reckon Salem is pure class and agree, Wattsy going nowhere. Just hope they let him play with a bit of the freedom that saw him have a good year last year and he doesn't get bogged down just simply doing the things he's been asked at the expense of his overall game.
That sounds stupid I'm sure but he flew at balls he was never going to mark purely to bring it to ground. Is that really what we want Wattsy doing as often as he did? Yes and no but needs to make sure he is getting enough of the pill to hurt teams because he can have 15 possession games and really hurt you. Pedo is more your pack crasher. Wattsy far more creative than that IMO.

I disagree with the thought of dropping Salem - he's one of our best inside/outside players and certainly one of our best kicks. I thought he had a solid game on the weekend and we need to keep the faith with him regardless.

Re Watts - it seems one of the things Goodwin wants out of him is flying for marks and creating a contest in the air:

Goodwin was pleased with how Watts responded against the Saints but urged him to continue to make an impact in contests.

"There were a couple of things I loved about Jack today," Goodwin said.

"Aerially, he jumped at the footy and when he does that he creates a contest for us.

"He's still got a bit of work to do in a range of areas, but he's made some inroads over the last month and if he keeps jumping at the ball like that I'll be pretty happy."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-26/i-knew-i-was-a-good-enough-player-watts

I disagree with the thought of dropping Salem - he's one of our best inside/outside players and certainly one of our best kicks. I thought he had a solid game on the weekend and we need to keep the faith with him regardless.

Re Watts - it seems one of the things Goodwin wants out of him is flying for marks and creating a contest in the air:

Goodwin was pleased with how Watts responded against the Saints but urged him to continue to make an impact in contests.

"There were a couple of things I loved about Jack today," Goodwin said.

"Aerially, he jumped at the footy and when he does that he creates a contest for us.

"He's still got a bit of work to do in a range of areas, but he's made some inroads over the last month and if he keeps jumping at the ball like that I'll be pretty happy."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-26/i-knew-i-was-a-good-enough-player-watts
Yeah Goody obviously made that pretty clear and would know a sh*tload more about it than me I guess my point is that if he really gets bogged down in doing that stuff and it takes away from his game as a whole, I don't think that's how he is best used.

Hey guys sorry to intrude, I need some help with the right call, Tom Lynch GC scored 72 on the weekend I'm thinking of a trade to free some money up with Petracca at 400k odd, Do you guys think Petracca will be a regular 90-110DT point player?

Hey guys sorry to intrude, I need some help with the right call, Tom Lynch GC scored 72 on the weekend I'm thinking of a trade to free some money up with Petracca at 400k odd, Do you guys think Petracca will be a regular 90-110DT point player?
He's going to be a 20-and-2 type so touch and go if he doesn't snag a couple of rolls.

Seeking opinion on Brayshaw and Salem and what they will average. Thanks.
Salem would dump for Zac Jones if possible, just can't see him scoring heavily enough.
Brayshaw is interesting. Average probably hard because his role is a bit funny right now, bit all over the place. Played at a lot of centre bounces this weekend but no Tyson in the side means someone had to step up. Would be surprised if he averaged above 85-90 based on that more than anything.

Hey guys, what's Hannan's prospects like for remaining in the seniors? Do you see him getting pushed out by guys like Kent or do you see him as an instant AFL footballer who could be an upgrade on Kent?

Hey guys, what's Hannan's prospects like for remaining in the seniors? Do you see him getting pushed out by guys like Kent or do you see him as an instant AFL footballer who could be an upgrade on Kent?
He blew us all away really. Whether he stays long-term is questionable but right now he's doing everything to hold his spot. If he turns quiet he'll probably be dropped.

He blew us all away really. Whether he stays long-term is questionable but right now he's doing everything to hold his spot. If he turns quiet he'll probably be dropped.

Thanks mate, might have to sit on it for another week before trading in, a sample set of 2 games is better than 1 I guess. Similar with Butler from Richmond. Both lads had debuts to remember.

Thanks mate, might have to sit on it for another week before trading in, a sample set of 2 games is better than 1 I guess. Similar with Butler from Richmond. Both lads had debuts to remember.
They did.

Probably the biggest thing in his favor apar t from his own play is a lack of match fitness for both Kent and Kennedy. They both played their first games, for Casey, on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back