Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a very reliable source told me that big barra, down at kingborough offered this trio twice as much to pull on the tigers strip. says a fair bit about the character of these blokes to play for a lot less coin.

My Clarence source was telling me the three of them individually would all be on more than the average Senior Coach's wage - If what our sources are saying is true, if they'd have gone down to Recreation Street, Kingston Beach and been on more than the average working wage!

Dunno if it says as much about their character as you claim - appears to me they knew of the exodus from the Tigers and no matter the amount offered from the Big Fella they scratched the Tigers from their list!

And in addition to these three, you'd imagine Frog Williams as Senior Coach would be on a fair whack as well!

However, as we all know there's many a way in local footy to get around the salary cap isn't there!

Has anybody/club ever been investigated for salary cap reasons in the SFL's 12 year existence?

Doubt it as much as I doubt Wilbur35's ageing hamstrings!

My Clarence source was telling me the three of them individually would all be on more than the average Senior Coach's wage - If what our sources are saying is true, if they'd have gone down to Recreation Street, Kingston Beach and been on more than the average working wage!

Dunno if it says as much about their character as you claim - appears to me they knew of the exodus from the Tigers and no matter the amount offered from the Big Fella they scratched the Tigers from their list!

And in addition to these three, you'd imagine Frog Williams as Senior Coach would be on a fair whack as well!

However, as we all know there's many a way in local footy to get around the salary cap isn't there!

Has anybody/club ever been investigated for salary cap reasons in the SFL's 12 year existence?

Doubt it as much as I doubt Wilbur35's ageing hamstrings!

I don't know what you're all worried about ..

If these guys decided to head interstate they'd be able to get five times as much.

The player payments in Tassie are stuff all compared to Victoria.

A few guys I know over there are on between $500 and $800 a game and they reckon some are getting paid over a grand.

On top of that apparantly ressies blokes get $20, no matter how useless they are.

ANZAC Day NTFL Football Today

East Devonport v Devonport at Girdlestone Park
North Launceston v South Launceston at Aurora Stadium

What's the odds of the biggest ever winning margin falling today at Girdlestone Park??

That's 322 points - Burnie (329) def Smithton (7) in Round 15, 2001

Port Adelaide colours.

Formerly black and white but had to change their strip in 1998 when they entered the SFL which already contained my beloved Claremont Magpies.

On the topic of the Huon vicinity, The Lion - you seem to have an involvement with the Huonville Lions - things must be looking rosy coin wise down your way.

My sources tell me that you guys have done what DOSA wouldn't and that's pay Brighton the $1500 Matthew Honey owed them, which had to be paid before he'd be cleared and that the big fella will indeed be debuting with the Lions in the near future.

McGregor. Garth. Joyce. Honey.

There's gonna be some big boys in red, white, blue and gold guernseys all wanting to play in the front half of the ground!

Which if any will play behind the centre line?

ANZAC Day NTFL Football Today

East Devonport v Devonport at Girdlestone Park
North Launceston v South Launceston at Aurora Stadium

What's the odds of the biggest ever winning margin falling today at Girdlestone Park??

That's 322 points - Burnie (329) def Smithton (7) in Round 15, 2001

Pretty close! :p Well it was 244-points Devvo's way anyway!

Perhaps we're barking up the wrong tree with Huonville.

I was told today by the same source that it is in fact Kermandie where Honey is bound?!

I wish these people would find these things out for certain before they tell me - I have a reputation to uphold!

Wilbur35 - what did Gracie18 (as in Stone) think of the Anzac Day clash?

Seniors
North Launceston 22.17.149
South launceston 14.15.99
Reserves
North 18.20.128
South 9.5.59
Unders
South 19.11.125
North 8.6.54
Seniors
Devonport 41.25.271
East Devonport 4.7.31
Reserves
Devonport 27.23.185
East 2.1.13
Unders
Devonport 19.18.132
East 5.4.34

Makes you wonder how long East Devonport can keep going if scores like this keep happening.

Saw on the news tonight,
The Fat cats for the Devils forgot to tell new coach Cresswell that this weekend was the Mcdonald cup to commemorate the last Tassie ANZAC (Alec McDonald) and he was surprised to hear about it when questioned about it by a reporter.
Wade pops up as saying that he was very disappointed that management failed to inform Cresswell about the significance of this weekends game........
Hey??? I thought Wade was part of the Devils management (Fat Cats) team! Talk about being a major hypocrite :thumbsdown:

Spot on Cadoras.

I went to a Devils game in Melbourne last year and in the VFL Record guess who's name was listed as "Devils General Manager"?

One Scott Wade.

Flogger.

Go you Dolphins!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Tassie Bigfooty forums own Col "Col Dawg" Garland who will be making his debut for the Dees against the Swans tomorrow night!!!

Good Luck:thumbsu:

Seniors
North Launceston 22.17.149
South launceston 14.15.99
Reserves
North 18.20.128
South 9.5.59
Unders
South 19.11.125
North 8.6.54
Seniors
Devonport 41.25.271
East Devonport 4.7.31
Reserves
Devonport 27.23.185
East 2.1.13
Unders
Devonport 19.18.132
East 5.4.34

Makes you wonder how long East Devonport can keep going if scores like this keep happening.

Well, they already engraved the tombstone for themselves by not merging with Devonport IMO. Mind you the colts match was under 100 points:p
Bit of a turnup with North Launceston winning, would have thought that match would have been a lot closer than that.

Was at the game Kingpin, good crowd there too, about 1000 there I think is was. Mostly Devonport supporters.
Sort of wonder whether or not maybe other leagues could adopt the NTFL's approach on Easter/Anzac Day/Public Holiday matches? Worth a gamble IMO...

Port Adelaide colours.

Formerly black and white but had to change their strip in 1998 when they entered the SFL which already contained my beloved Claremont Magpies.

On the topic of the Huon vicinity, The Lion - you seem to have an involvement with the Huonville Lions - things must be looking rosy coin wise down your way.

My sources tell me that you guys have done what DOSA wouldn't and that's pay Brighton the $1500 Matthew Honey owed them, which had to be paid before he'd be cleared and that the big fella will indeed be debuting with the Lions in the near future.

McGregor. Garth. Joyce. Honey.

There's gonna be some big boys in red, white, blue and gold guernseys all wanting to play in the front half of the ground!

Which if any will play behind the centre line?

I'd be very surprised if huonville go down this route..... Honey can play but the huonville side are already the highest scoring side in the comp, would end up very top heavy, hopefully its a long dry winter

Yes it is fantastic that young Colin Garland is going to play on Saturday night at the SCG. Hope he goes well and gets a few grabs.:thumbsu:

Interesting considering early November a bloke on this thread stated ' Not a chance to get drafted' in regards to Garland getting picked up...... How you feeling now about your insightful predicition Kempoz kingz?:D :D :D

Is he the first Tassie boy to get a game this year who was drafted last november?

Yes it is fantastic that young Colin Garland is going to play on Saturday night at the SCG. Hope he goes well and gets a few grabs.:thumbsu:

Interesting considering early November a bloke on this thread stated ' Not a chance to get drafted' in regards to Garland getting picked up...... How you feeling now about your insightful predicition Kempoz kingz?:D :D :D

Is he the first Tassie boy to get a game this year who was drafted last november?

Sure is NL ..

Reiwoldt can't be too far away .. been going alright for Coburg and its not as if the Tigers are setting the world on first in the ones.

Thorpe had an injury pre-season and the Hawks are going well, so might not see him for a bit .. while you wouldn't think Sam Lonergan would get a run at the Bombers this year.

Sure is NL ..

Reiwoldt can't be too far away .. been going alright for Coburg and its not as if the Tigers are setting the world on first in the ones.

Thorpe had an injury pre-season and the Hawks are going well, so might not see him for a bit .. while you wouldn't think Sam Lonergan would get a run at the Bombers this year.

Lonergan was actually drafted in 2005, and played 1 game for the dons last season. He is actually very close to a call-up at the moment, i think he was an emergency on Wednesday. I think you may be thinking of Tom Hislop, who was drafted by the dons last season. He has been very steady in the 2's, as well as impressing in the game vs the Aboriginal allstars. He is a very good chance to get a game this season, probbaly in about 6 weeks time.

Thorp is a couple of weeks away from playing again i think, so wouldn't expect to see him int he 1's for at least 6-8 weeks.

Congratulations to Tassie Bigfooty forums own Col "Col Dawg" Garland who will be making his debut for the Dees against the Swans tomorrow night!!!

Good Luck:thumbsu:

Congratulations on your AFL debut Col - All the best :) :thumbsu:
I'll also be keeping an eye out on the debut of Ricky Petterd, son of former Hobart Tiger legend Wayne Petterd who is making his debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back