List Mgmt. Tanner Bruhn re-signs thru to 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

also I suspect the TOG is lower for bruhn compare to a few of those on the list.

So if we scale his TOG it'll start to look even more impressive 😎

i dont understand why parfait doesnt get a game, I have been a fan for a while and my previous posts shows. he doesnt suck and with the way our midfield been going, i dont know what Scott has against him.

He doesn't offer enough offensively. CS likes our midfielders to have a good defensive/offensive balance. Most guys lean one way (e.g. offensive - Holmes, defensive - Atkins), but they all offer something both ways. Parfitt's defensive efforts are outstanding, but his ball use is terrible.

i dont understand why parfait doesnt get a game, I have been a fan for a while and my previous posts shows. he doesnt suck and with the way our midfield been going, i dont know what Scott has against him.
Balance

This midfield needs more offensive game at the moment its really heavily slanted towards defense

I can’t remember the last time the mids were kicking goals

I was super excited until I checked the full list to see Parfitt ahead of Taranto on the average

Thats it you can have statistics to your blue in the face

However you can see passages of play with a certain player , and at that point you know they are good

Best example of all time is Gary Ablett Snr before he had played a single game with Geelong , he was paired up at training ( like they use to do ) with Michael Turner the star wingman and then Geel captain , and Turner went up to Tom Hafey the senior coach and overseeing training and said to him , this guy is something special , and Hafey said to him , yeah i know

Thats it you can have statistics to your blue in the face

However you can see passages of play with a certain player , and at that point you know they are good

Best example of all time is Gary Ablett Snr before he had played a single game with Geelong , he was paired up at training ( like they use to do ) with Michael Turner the star wingman and then Geel captain , and Turner went up to Tom Hafey the senior coach and overseeing training and said to him , this guy is something special , and Hafey said to him , yeah i know

You and I assess players very differently. I remember when Jared Brennan debuted and was picking the ball up with one hand, the media was going crazy about how good he was going to be. I much prefer consistent performances and sustained improvement.

Balance

This midfield needs more offensive game at the moment its really heavily slanted towards defense

I can’t remember the last time the mids were kicking goals

Agree.

Danger out doesn’t help. Holmes and Bowes the only that look likely and even then it’s nothing great.

I don’t think Atkins would have kicked 7 goals in total for the last 3 years.

Bartel is a classic example of a player going from fringe to decent to star from years 3-6 on the list. Bartel was dropped early in his 3rd year (2004) like Bruhn (2023).

Then he was decent in 2005, one of our best in a struggling team in 2006 and a star in 2007. Bruhn is decent in 2024. The big question is whether he can develop in the same way.

great post

Bartel is a classic example of a player going from fringe to decent to star from years 3-6 on the list. Bartel was dropped early in his 3rd year (2004) like Bruhn (2023).

Then he was decent in 2005, one of our best in a struggling team in 2006 and a star in 2007. Bruhn is decent in 2024. The big question is whether he can develop in the same way.
Yeah that's fair and I hope you are right.

But right now Bruhn is getting votes on this board everytime he gets 15 disposals. He is a big part of the midfield that is getting pulverised with his work on the spread non existent.

We had people on this board comparing him to Warner and calling him Bruhnlow after a 20 disposal game ffs
I've just been looking into Tanner's numbers this season. I was surprised to see some of the names he's ranked ahead of for clearances per game. Tracking very nicely.

View attachment 2019343
He is a very good clearance player but he is poor outside of that. We all thought his TOG would increase this year but it hasn't. In particular he seems to ride the pine in the last quarters when the game is there to be won - probably because the game opens up and he is currently a liability on the spread.

Agree.

Danger out doesn’t help. Holmes and Bowes the only that look likely and even then it’s nothing great.

I don’t think Atkins would have kicked 7 goals in total for the last 3 years.
I reckon Max could develop his goal kicking into being a real threat, he's got the power to hit them from outside 50 and the speed to break a defender to get the run up

Yeah that's fair and I hope you are right.

But right now Bruhn is getting votes on this board everytime he gets 15 disposals. He is a big part of the midfield that is getting pulverised with his work on the spread non existent.

There's an argument he's been our best midfielder this year. Which says a lot more about the rest of our midfield than him.

Apart from the Melbourne and Sydney games where he was injured (which itself is problematic) and Gold Coast where he stunk it up like everyone else I'd say he's been pretty solid. But yes we want more than solid B-grade contributions with the odd stinker.

He is a very good clearance player but he is poor outside of that. We all thought his TOG would increase this year but it hasn't. In particular he seems to ride the pine in the last quarters when the game is there to be won - probably because the game opens up and he is currently a liability on the spread.

It's simply not true that he's left on the pine when the game is there to be won.

His Q4 time on ground in close matches:

Stkilda - 65%
Bulldogs - 75%
GWS - 84%

All of these are higher than his season average of 62%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's an argument he's been our best midfielder this year. Which says a lot more about the rest of our midfield than him.

Apart from the Melbourne and Sydney games where he was injured (which itself is problematic) and Gold Coast where he stunk it up like everyone else I'd say he's been pretty solid. But yes we want more than solid B-grade contributions with the odd stinker.

It's simply not true that he's left on the pine when the game is there to be won.

His Q4 time on ground in close matches:

Stkilda - 65%
Bulldogs - 75%
GWS - 84%

All of these are higher than his season average of 62%.
Is he getting much of the ball in the 4th quarter in those games?

Is he getting much of the ball in the 4th quarter in those games?

Not especially although he's not getting a lot of the ball in general. Looks like he's getting slightly less possessions but winning more clearances and laying more tackles late in close games.

But your claim that he "seems to ride the pine in the last quarters when the game is there to be won" is completely false. It's a small sample size so wouldn't read too much into it but he plays clearly more game time in last quarters when the game is close.

Not especially although he's not getting a lot of the ball in general. Looks like he's getting slightly less possessions but winning more clearances and laying more tackles late in close games.

But your claim that he "seems to ride the pine in the last quarters when the game is there to be won" is completely false. It's a small sample size so wouldn't read too much into it but he plays clearly more game time in last quarters when the game is close.
Yeah that's fair - i hadnt looked at the stats as thats my perception only. Him getting less of the ball would probably be because games open up later in the game when he is clearly a stoppage style player only at this stage

Bad news but at least it's not joint or ligament related.
Fracture should heal and not have any lingering effects.
Might be a good chance to work on his endurance during his time off..............

Bad news but at least it's not joint or ligament related.
Fracture should heal and not have any lingering effects.
Might be a good chance to work on his endurance during his time off..............

A scaphoid fracture has the potential to become very complex and seriously compromise hand function.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back