Tac - Finals Series and Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

JamesN

Debutant
Jul 19, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who will win the TAC CUP grandfinal this season.
who do you think it will be, regardless of the outcomes this round. I think North Ballarat will be a certaintity, Once oakleigh get all there private school kids back they will be tough, Northern seem to be choking, is calder fit enough? what are your thoughts

Re: GrandFinal

JamesN said:
Who will win the TAC CUP grandfinal this season.
who do you think it will be, regardless of the outcomes this round. I think North Ballarat will be a certaintity, Once oakleigh get all there private school kids back they will be tough, Northern seem to be choking, is calder fit enough? what are your thoughts

when oakliegh get back smith, sheldon, kelly, sinclair, reid, mackay they will be very hard to beat

i reckon power will be in with a show... knocked off northern and calder in the last few weeks and if they get over oakliegh people might start paying them the respect they deserve... plus vernon and mckenna back from injury should be a good help with just enough time to be ready for finals!!!

Nth Ballarat would be close to the best balanced side I have ever seen in the TAC Cup. It would be a major uspet if the aren't in the Grand Final. Premiership might be a bit tougher with all the finals in Melbourne.

Geelong are a more typical junior side. Almost no backline or forward line but a 12 man midfield. Most of their goals come from the midfield. Sides like that win a lot of junior footy. Oakleigh are fairly similar.

Should be North Ballarat, and then any of Geelong, Gippsland, Calder and Oakleigh in a pretty wide-open finals. Northern seemed to have run out of legs at the end of the season.

funny how nth ballarrat aren't seen as dead set favourites yet they havent lost, i agree that there a very balanced side, if one or two of there key onballers or forwards is having a bad day there are pleanty of others to stand up and do the job!!!

i would say that north ballarat have been set as dead favourites due to the fact that no other team could be called favourites.
one GF apperance is set (N.ballarat) unless major downfall with injuries occur...
agree with weaver about geelong, gippsland and oakleigh. but i dont think calder is up to it, maybe a bit like northern to date.

just on that, i think gippsland has the best oppurtunity to knock off the undefeated. them at full strength are super but the rebals are a tough challenge...:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Nth Ballarat , power grand final for mine .I rate Oakleigh and Sandringham ahead of the rest with a full list to chose from. Both sides will have about 7 players back this week so the results will be interesting.

well its gonna be a good final series, certainly interesting.. big question is will ballarat choke

Tac - Finals Series

* ALL THIS BASED ON THE LADDER PERSPECTIVE...atm

the ladder should end up as follows -
1 - north ballarat
2 - geelong
3 - gippsland
4 - calder
5 - northern
6 - oakleigh
7 - sandringham
8 - eastern
9 - murry
10 - western
11 - dandenong
12 - bendigo

first finals -----
north ballarat vs calder (2nd chance)
geelong vs gippsland (2nd chance)
northern vs eastern (elimination)
oakleigh vs sandringham (elimination)

just in my opinion there are 6 teams up for grabs, to get a birth in the grand final, very even year with a slight stand out being rebels.

Re: Tac - Finals Series

Sezzac1 said:
Shaun Grigg is said to have a broken hand and won't play again this year.

Anyone confirm?

I believe Grigg done something to his thumb/hand and may be back for the prelim, its touch n go. With North Ballarats depth it doesnt really make much off a problem, Grigg out....Lachy george into the centre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Knights winning by 79 pts against Eastern and Gippsland getting over the top of North Ballarat by a goal yesterday. Does anybody know the results of todays games?

Um yeah don't worry about previous post.

Oakleigh Chargers 8.5 13.10 16.12 20.16 (136)
Sandringham Dragons 2.0 5.2 6.4 11.7 (73)

BEST:
Oakleigh Chargers: Pickett Smith MacKay Fermanis Goldstein Batsanis
Sandringham Dragons: Gilchrist Richards Henry Coombes Tregear McConnell

GOALS:
Oakleigh Chargers: Gray 5 Kelly 3 Otten 3 Melhem 2 Smith 2 Croft 2 Goldstein Rainey Reid
Sandringham Dragons: Richards 4 Gilchrist 2 Kennedy Rodwell Tregear Anthony Curcio

Geelong Falcons 4.3 7.6 12.11 13.14 (92)
Calder Cannons 4.3 11.6 13.9 18.11 (119)

BEST:
Geelong Falcons: Sheringham Scott Schofield Rockefeller Brown Smith
Calder Cannons: Gazzo Faulks Arrowsmith Allen Horne Williams

GOALS:
Geelong Falcons: Scott 3 Kennedy-Hunt 2 Hogan 2 O'Keefe Couch Chisholm Staveniuter Horan Smith
Calder Cannons: Gazzo 4 Arrowsmith 4 Maric 3 Caruso 2 McErlain 2 Allen 2 Duyndam

Sandringham went down that easily, were they missing any big names, heard Dawes wasn't named. Did anyone see these games?

And heres the other finals.

North Ballarat Rebels 1.4 6.9 7.13 10.16 (76)
Gippsland Power 4.4 4.7 8.8 12.10 (82)

BEST:
North Ballarat Rebels: George Sewell Williams Otto Cheney Hardy
Gippsland Power: Blaser Todd Payne Youle Hughes Eddy

GOALS:
North Ballarat Rebels: George 2 Knowles 2 Hardy Graham Cheney Williams Tyler Brown
Gippsland Power: MacAffer 4 Hughes 3 Ross 2 McKenna Eddy Martin

Northern Knights 4.5 8.9 14.12 18.18 (126)
Eastern Ranges 0.0 3.1 6.4 7.5 (47)

BEST:
Northern Knights: Abela Connelly Hocking Veszpremi Cotchin Anderson
Eastern Ranges: Purcell Parker Dwyer Lobbe Williams Stewart

GOALS:
Northern Knights: Jenkins 3 Bongetti 3 Cotchin 3 Bransgrove 2 Spiteri Varsamakis Carmusciano Perry Totino Anderson Colbert
Eastern Ranges: Noy Campbell McDonald Dixon Williams Wilson Creed

So the semi finals next week will be:

Saturday 16th September @ MC Labour Park.
Times might be reversed though not sure.

North Ballarat V Northern 11:10 am
Geelong V Oakleigh 2:00 pm

kingcarey said:
Sandringham went down that easily, were they missing any big names, heard Dawes wasn't named. Did anyone see these games?
Sandy were really disappointing. As said they were smashed in the centre, skills let them down and a few of the guys who they rely upon had shockers. They got four goals out of Richards who started on the bench and was pretty much their best player which was a good effort.

At least they held it at 10 goals or thereabouts, at one stage it looked as though it could have easily gotten closer to 100 points.

Sooo what games are on next week??
can someone give whos playin.. times... grounds.... or any??

kingcarey said:

Dawes has did his ACL last week, has to have a knee reco, could this affect his draft prosepects

Weaver said:
Of course. He won't play in 2007 so clubs are going to be reluctant to take him.

Dawes not the quickest guy either, will really hurt his chances i reckon.:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Tac - Finals Series and Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back