T20 World Cup Game 55 Final South Africa v India June 30 2400hrs @ Kensington Oval Barbados

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice catch in the last over but I reckon if you are jumping from outside the field of play you should need to ground the feet again before touching it, that is a stupid rule you can do that.

I'll take putting the mockers on the coronation that was meant to be the ODI World Cup last year over winning this one. That whole tournament was planned around Narendra Modi giving the cup to Rohit in front of 120k in a stadium built just for that purpose in the middle of an election campaign and we turned it into a wake. I'd like to think the cricket team had a tiny bit to do with Modi's subsequent disappointing election results as well.

Wow. An amazing match as an Indian fan. Really happy for Dravid to finally win the World Cup in his last stint. Can easily see how the 23 WC loss affected the players, with their emotions running high.

And did Virat just announced his retirement from T20I ?
India lost two world finals in 2023. Test and ODI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

India were the best side, they beat Pakistan, Australia, South Africa and England.

South Africa had an all time soft draw.
South Africa were drawn on the “group of death” (Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh and Netherlands). And there were so many close games. They should have lost to Nepal and I think people were expecting them to lose to the Netherlands. Then they had the tougher Super 8 Group with three of the 4 being genuine contenders for semis on paper

South Africa were drawn on the “group of death” (Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh and Netherlands). And there were so many close games. They should have lost to Nepal and I think people were expecting them to lose to the Netherlands. Then they had the tougher Super 8 Group with three of the 4 being genuine contenders for semis on paper

C'mon now... Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are rebuilding and Netherlands and Nepal were never a threat

Meh, we won the meaningful World Cup last year. With all the benefits India had, they did what was expected of them. The next T20 'World Cup' is about 20 months away in India.

The thing South Africa had in their favour before the final was they didn't have any baggage in finals of ICC events. Well, now they do. They needed a run a ball off the last 5 overs and ****ed it up. It's nothing to do South Africa as a sporting country - they've played in 4 Rugby World Cup finals and won them all. It's a purely a problem with South African cricket.

Completely forgot this was on until seeing the Indian celebrations from around the world post of Reddit

I haven't missed a final of an ICC tournament in like over 5 years, I blame T20 being the clear worst format

anyway back to the original point, wowee those are massive celebrations, imagine when they win one of the better formats

Back