T20 World Cup Game 52 Super Eight Afghanistan v Bangladesh June 25 1000hrs @ Arnos Vale Stadium St Vincent

Who will win?

• Afghanistan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I only really see 2 results here.
Bangladesh win in 12 overs or they get bowled out trying.

Either way Australia is out.

Or they just win the game which they can. Surely they ain’t trying to go at 10’s against Rashid and their opening bowler who is unplayable

A rain reduced target would help Australia, a 5 over game for instance would mean we’d go through with any Bangladesh victory.

Bangladesh would lose the motivation to win but the target would be pretty small so they’d likely still chase it down
And Bangers more likely to achieve a smaller target, greater risk of collapsing across the full 20 overs.

Or they just win the game which they can. Surely they ain’t trying to go at 10’s against Rashid and their opening bowler who is unplayable
A win without the NRR is as good as a loss. Would you be happy if Australia settled for a win in this situation?

Unless there’s some sort of bad blood that makes the win and knocking out the Afghanis more meaningful as Belnakor suggests.

A win without the NRR is as good as a loss. Would you be happy if Australia settled for a win in this situation?

Unless there’s some sort of bad blood that makes the win and knocking out the Afghanis more meaningful as Belnakor suggests.

Yeah I would a win is better than another loss

zeeshan: "what will be the DLS par for BD after 5 overs in case rain returns?" --- So any overs reduction sees things get progressively harder for Bangladesh. A 15-over game means they will need 94 in 7.2 overs, while a 10-over game will see them need 67 in 2.2 overs.

A 10 over game would almost be perfect. Not sure Bangladesh could make 7 an over though.

Either the commentators got fed bad info or you've miscalculated. The comms said Bang make it in at the latest 12.4 with a 6.

What are the overs Australia make it in as AFG will be ahead on run rate at a certain point was my understanding pre-game?
Ok I found out why there is a difference. Cricinfo commentary says 12.1 overs if they win by 1 run but if they belt a 6 to win, or a 4 after being on the same score at 12.1 overs its a different calculation

10.05pm So, with one innings of the last Super Eight match of the T20 World Cup 2024 done
while Bangladesh need to chase the target in 12.1 overs. They can however chase it in 12.5 if they level scores and hit a six to win it. If they level scores and hit a four to win it, finishing on 119, they can do it in 12.3 overs and still qualify. But they do have to face a very daunting bowling lineup on a pitch that's seen the ball zip around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were bangladesh I'd be trying to hit some ground drives as early as possible to ensure that ball gets as wet as ****

Sorry I have no clue how these rain scenarios work still. What minimum amount of overs do we need for this not to be a “wash out” also what number at that minimum amount of overs makes it a Bangladesh win slow enough for us to go through

Remove this Banner Ad

T20 World Cup Game 52 Super Eight Afghanistan v Bangladesh June 25 1000hrs @ Arnos Vale Stadium St Vincent

Back