Analysis Sydney's 2024 dominance is underrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Had this chat with my Swans mad FIL.

I almost feel like Swans need to start resting players / getting in that mini finals training bloc over the next month.

Am I crazy to say you want to lose a game or two over the next few months to get it “out of the system” pre finals?
Got a geelong 2008 feel about them

We were already under siege during the 2nd quarter but losing Weitering at half time pretty much collapsed the wall. Looking at the 8 so far, only Collingwood and Carlton have had extended injury lists for a block of games. Essendon to a lesser extent.
Essendon to a lesser extent? We've missed Parish for how long now? Ridley only came back a couple of weeks ago for his first game this year. Draper returned only today. Wright was suspended for 4 weeks. Duursma only returned today. Durham and Redman also missed games. Setterfield missed a huge chunk of games after starting the season well. Even fringe mids like Hobbs just returned. Reid has been out for the whole year.

Collingwood have obviously had a worse injury no doubt, but we've had to change our entire structure and how we play because of our injuries.

Essendon to a lesser extent? We've missed Parish for how long now? Ridley only came back a couple of weeks ago for his first game this year. Draper returned only today. Wright was suspended for 4 weeks. Duursma only returned today. Durham and Redman also missed games. Setterfield missed a huge chunk of games after starting the season well. Even fringe mids like Hobbs just returned. Reid has been out for the whole year.

Collingwood have obviously had a worse injury no doubt, but we've had to change our entire structure and how we play because of our injuries.
To a lesser extent, meaning, not as bad as Carlton or Collingwood's injury list throughout the year.

Collingwood yes definitely but Carlton? Nah
We've had more games missing from our best 22 than Collingwood has, 2nd to Richmond. So yeh. l already explained this in a previous post. At one point we had an entire first choice line out... a line that amplifies our weakness if not there.

Sydney are the greatest team OAT. I actually feel sorry for the rest of the 8 thinking they have a chance. Just give us the cup already. All this finals BS is just a formality.

Had this chat with my Swans mad FIL.

I almost feel like Swans need to start resting players / getting in that mini finals training bloc over the next month.

Am I crazy to say you want to lose a game or two over the next few months to get it “out of the system” pre finals?
I'd say if there is a weakness/vulnerability you're not aware of that a loss would bring to attention. If your plan A keeps working just keep using it, but have backup plans in case of injuries, teams countering that etc.

Trigger warning: This thread contains some elements of positivity towards Richmond. Mainboard discretion is advised.

Now that this warning is out of the way, we can hopefully focus on Sydney's dominance rather than a Richmond poster highlighting one of the only positive things to happen to Richmond this season.
Yawn
Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I don't recall Carlton being 3 games and percentage clear on top of the ladder at this stage of 2022...

I didn’t realise that people cared about winning margins when handing out premierships.

But if we do then I guess we’ll just throw a big asterisk on your umpire-assisted, fall-over-the-line 2023 flag then.

Works for me 👍

I didn’t realise that people cared about winning margins when handing out premierships.

But if we do then I guess we’ll just throw a big asterisk on your umpire-assisted, fall-over-the-line 2023 flag then.

Works for me 👍
You do realise Collingwood had the best percentage in the competition in 2023, despite playing four dead rubbers whilst they were preparing for their September onslaught.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Sydney's 2024 dominance is underrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back