Autopsy Sydney defeat Thugden by 30pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Wright was attempting to mark the ball…

View attachment 1937584
That was his intent until the last second, but then he chose to turn his body which you can't do.

I don't necessarily think he wanted to bump Cunningham. I think it was self preservation in a split second decision but that doesn't change the fact that he got him high and knocked him out. He's gone for at least 3 I think.

That was his intent until the last second, but then he chose to turn his body which you can't do.

I don't necessarily think he wanted to bump Cunningham. I think it was self preservation in a split second decision but that doesn't change the fact that he got him high and knocked him out. He's gone for at least 3 I think.

I think the afl want him not to brace and to look at the ball? It must be hard split second

Its exciting when this side turns it on and just goes wham
Shades of the 2012-2016 group.

Not quite as flashy but they used to just go "righto, let's finish this lot," and then put the game out of reach in half a dozen minutes.

Tommy Mac had a rare off night

Lloyds composure is missing
TM was reaching for his calf and had a heap of rub in it. Wasn't terrible.

I disagree on lloyd. Take the last point he kicked. 4 odd minutes on the clock. He took 30 seconds off it and was not really a chance to kick a goal BUT it was what was needed.

He has turned into the stop the mania when needed but bobbed up everywhere still. Still heaps of connection, lots of score involvements, lots.

He is a great foil still.

I agree he didn’t intend to bump Cunningham but he did. After the Maynard rule change players have a greater duty of care. He should get a few weeks.

[/QUOTE]
TM was reaching for his calf and had a heap of rub in it. Wasn't terrible.

I disagree on lloyd. Take the last point he kicked. 4 odd minutes on the clock. He took 30 seconds off it and was not really a chance to kick a goal BUT it was what was needed.

He has turned into the stop the mania when needed but bobbed up everywhere still. Still heaps of connection, lots of score involvements, lots.

He is a great foil still.

Tmac was just unlucky with some reads of the play I guess imo

Fair re Lloyd, maybe marking him too high, just a few unlike him moments. but correct at the end, need to rewatch more relaxed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't think Corey Warner was that bad. Looked skittish with ball in hand a bit, but who didn't? (Sit down Heeney, we're talking about the mortals.) He worked into the game nicely I thought but most importantly just competed. A few good hip and shoulders, putting his head over it, etc. All you can ask for from a kid finding his way IMO. First one out obviously, but no shame in that.

I might be wrong but it was good to be tested with legal and illegal physical pressure. Finals got harder and tougher and you can't carry players that don't like putting their bodies in when it's their turn.

2005 Kirk, Bolton, Bolton, LRT, ROK, Bevan etc

2012 a few of the some with J Bolton, ROK, LRT, and JPK, Bird, Mumford, Hannebery at 20 YOA.

You have to hard. Hawks and Tigers were tougher then us for longer and did for multiple years and won.

We didn't, and we need to be harder when it matters and we did to some extent tonight.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Some of our play through the corridor with guys like Blakey, Gulden and McInerney just carving the opposition up is a thing of beauty

heeney, campbell, roberts, florent, wicks, even mclean ... all got involved at various stages in those precision passing waves ...
actually, when those passes connect up like that, they're more like high-voltage electric currents sizzling through the opposition

Is Corey Warner a Brandon Jack?
Would love to be wrong, but to my mind there are a few limitations in there that you just can’t fix no matter how hard you try.

There was one hand pass receive that didn’t go where he expected it, but not too far off, and he couldn’t adjust and dropped it cold. I’m afraid he doesn’t have the reaction times / quickness of thought to make it…

Significant saltiness at Essendon after Papley gave an interview to 3AW after the game that was scathing of Essendon’s thug tactics.
I didn't take it as saltiness but more that he found it sad they focussed more on being bullies than actually on the game, and in the end, the game is what wins, not how many bruises you give

We're cruisin' for a bruisin' with our contested and clearance work, so there's absolutely a spot for Adams.

And we also have no one who can nullify an opposition mid at all, so that also creates a real need for Mills in there.

The midfield is literally the only weakness in a team that is otherwise absolutely humming at the moment.

Incredibly promising prospect.
Disagree again.

Is it ideal? No.

We have probably our three best clearance dudes out injured though. So there is that.

If all you do is judge the mids on clearances then sure have your piece.

I reckon we are winning BECAUSE OF the mids so totally opposite of what you are seeing.

What I do is watch the game and see what work they are doing to keep the ball forward so the backs are not under siege like the last few years. And they are doing that great.

Also the linkage and separation they are providing is of the scale. Jordan has been great there.

Who cares if we nullify an opposition mid if we keep scoring 5 more goals than the other guys?

You cannot just be the best ever attacking and defensive side all at once and dominate every aspect of the game all at once all the time. You have to pick and choose a bit. Shit, I have won state titles in my game of choice and I cannot play an attacking and defensive game at the same time. I have to pick and choose and adapt.

Reminds me of WW11 when one German General asked the other German General as they sat in Paris sipping coffee "who won the air war?" Who cares? We lost the clearances, again, and keep slaughtering everyone so happy days.

Maybe we will get caught one day but I think this is the most fun and most excited I have been about a Swans side since 2012 because Horse has changed, got them fit and decide scoring more than the opposition to win the win is the best option rather than try not to lose.

More power to him. Releasing Heeney is just so cool I need another chicken to eat. Anyone got a chicken?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back