Rumour Switta

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker is far superior to Switta let’s be honest.

Switta and Future 2nd for Baker. Richmond will ask for a 1st but I feel cause he’s ooc it could get done.

Baker is literally one of their best midfielders. Like us being offered Rioli Jnr and a second round pick for Brayshaw.

This board does realise Baker is doing quite well as a midfielder this season right?

Why are we just accepting this as true instead of treating it with scepticism?

He has given literally no indication he wants to leave and has consistently talked about how much he loves the club. He's very clearly set up over here, has been living here with his gf for 7 years. I would be very very surprised if this actually turns out to be true

This board does realise Baker is doing quite well as a midfielder this season right?

You would hope so.

I expect Richmond is fully aware of his intentions and is playing him in a prime role for the purpose of increasing his trade value.

But he is out of contract, so we should push them on the price to move him.

Baker is far superior to Switta let’s be honest.

Switta and Future 2nd for Baker. Richmond will ask for a 1st but I feel cause he’s ooc it could get done.

Why would Richmond be interested in Switta? It's one thing to keep the experienced players you have, but rebuilding teams don't go out of their way to bring in older players. And I doubt Switta would want to go there either. He won't want to just play out his career in a bottom 4 side.

He has given literally no indication he wants to leave and has consistently talked about how much he loves the club. He's very clearly set up over here, has been living here with his gf for 7 years. I would be very very surprised if this actually turns out to be true
Not necessarily accepting it as true, fwiw I don’t think it is. Doesn’t prevent us from debating and speculating on what ifs

He won't want to just play out his career in a bottom 4 side.

If it's a matter of money, why not?

Sam might feel a connection to Hawthorn and they have an opening for a small forward with burst of midfield time.
All the list managers will see him as someone who can create a bit of drive out of the stoppage too.

But two years contracted is a biiiig hurdle to get over. I wouldn't expect to even hear about it unless there was a team already gagging to get him over who is comfortable paying a high price for him.

...unless he was managed by a media negotiator like Young.

If it were Hawthorn, they need more picks to buy potential targets so maybe we would get hold of their first round pick this year or next in exchange for Switta and a first/s this year and or next?

Or we hope they are gold coast and promise him it will get done and say pick #2 or nothing.

Baker is literally one of their best midfielders. Like us being offered Rioli Jnr and a second round pick for Brayshaw.

Either us or Eagles who will walk him through the PSD. If we aren't soft at the trade table we can get a decent price.

Heard from a source who has been 100% correct in the past that Sam wants to return to Victoria despite being contracted through to 2026. Don't know the reasons why, but despite the great debuts from Voss and Simpson, Switta is not someone we can afford to let go lightly.

If we got an early second or better I would let him go. He is injured to much and when you look at just one game Simpson is already ahead of him in a lot of key areas. I don’t think we can pick two small forwards just only on their pressure stats (Emmett and Switter) unless they start to contribute more goals. Switter kicks an average of a goal every second game. Despite his speed he has not taken a bounce this year, while Simpson has already taken 2 (3 if you adjust for 58% TOG c/f 79% for Switter). Also despite lower possessions Simpson is averaging 4 effective kicks a game c/f 2.4 for Switter (Simpson 5.4 adjusted for TOG). Also Simpson pressure acts on the weekend (17 or 23 adjusted for TOG) are as good as Switters (22). Also most importantly Simpson’s score involvements (4 or 5.4 adj) are better than Switters (3.6).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we got an early second or better I would let him go. He is injured to much and when you look at just one game Simpson is already ahead of him in a lot of key areas. I don’t think we can pick two small forwards just only on their pressure stats (Emmett and Switter) unless they start to contribute more goals. Switter kicks an average of a goal every second game. Despite his speed he has not taken a bounce this year, while Simpson has already taken 2 (3 if you adjust for 58% TOG c/f 79% for Switter). Also despite lower possessions Simpson is averaging 4 effective kicks a game c/f 2.4 for Switter (Simpson 5.4 adjusted for TOG). Also Simpson pressure acts on the weekend (17 or 23 adjusted for TOG) are as good as Switters (22). Also most importantly Simpson’s score involvements (4 or 5.4 adj) are better than Switters (3.6).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That is peak BigFooty, after 2.5 quarters of footy and 6 disposals Simpson is already ahead of Switta in a lot of key areas hey.

I mean I love a new draftee as next as the much person, and there are knocks on Switta, but that's insane.

If you want to use statistics for your arguments surely you have to start from "are they representative".
Spoiler alert, a sample size of about 0.6 is not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have a feeling Eagles will offer a 1st for Baker.

Reckon they are content with the youth and ready to top up.

Rightfully or wrongly I think they’ll go hard for him.

I think they would offer their first to us for our firsts because they need bulk talent to replace all those old guys carrying their performances

Anyone have a feeling Eagles will offer a 1st for Baker.

Reckon they are content with the youth and ready to top up.

Rightfully or wrongly I think they’ll go hard for him.
I think the opposite, they arent stupid, they know while it's good they are playing better, it's off the back of Reid then Yeo, Fatty, Barrass and Waterman pretending to be Wayne Carey for a month. They are still rebuilding and still have a lot of pieces to find and if you go through the trade history for the last 10 years, not one rebuilding club has spent a top 30 pick on a 25 or over.

They will probably chase Warner really really hard but I dont see them chasing Baker

Well, I hope this isn't true. So sick of losing players to the mysterious "family reasons" and then having them make snide comments about the club... dammit, I want the club I support to be one that players really don't want to leave, and that players don't make snide comments about. But yeah, rumour and innuendo only, hopefully!

Well, I hope this isn't true. So sick of losing players to the mysterious "family reasons" and then having them make snide comments about the club... dammit, I want the club I support to be one that players really don't want to leave, and that players don't make snide comments about. But yeah, rumour and innuendo only, hopefully!
It most likely isn't true but if it is, Baker is an upgrade so it would be a rare situation where we win the trade.

There have been very few that have made SNIDE remarks.
The club go moutof their way to aid those that want to return home.
But has the poster actually said who the SOURCE is.
But, if true, it is my thoughts that if a player wants out, then let him go.
IF, it is true, I weould hope he isn't going to do a Schultz and deal behind the clubs back.

I'm not taking it seriously. There were rumours about Pav every year!

BUT, if he wants to go, it leaves room for Baker or Warner

Is he though? On current form I honestly have him as our 6th best small forward.

Freddy
Banfield
Emmett
Simpson
Walters
Switta.
Deelan.
Fair call the way he has played this season. Hasn't had a free run at it yet though. He is best 22 when he is playing to his ability but I think Emmett and Simpson are closing in. I've been disappointed with his season so far but there may be mitigating circumstances. To be honest if he isn't fully fit, I wouldn't rush him back just yet. Simpson will tire soon enough.

Looking forward to Delean fixing up his goal kicking. He was a sharp shooter during the champs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back