Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Article in smh saying the real swans fan experience is to scramble for tickets, pay a fortune for flights then see them get trounced in a grand final by half time. Sad, but true.
JHWF is not feeling positive. Now the weekend's result is really starting to feel real :(

JHWF is not feeling positive. Now the weekend's result is really starting to feel real :(
Was always optimistic this year as I thought they’d learned and were ready for a full pressure effort. Those were the signals I was getting.
Until we all saw what unfolded.
To allow an uncontested game after Clarko did this to us for a decade is unforgiveable, as is the bruise free mentality. Now I read “this game won’t define us crap.”

Literally everything went our way this year as well.

It’s not the losing (Lions we’re great) but the way in which we lost that demands a cleanout. The worry is the board down are happy to make finals and keep the membership up with flags a secondary measure.

How can you ever trust this evolution of the team again ?

“ Throughout the finals series, we did a lot of work with Emma Murray. We were like, ‘One game won’t define us.’ This was four weeks ago and we just had this mentality.
“We would like to win a grand final, but it won’t define us. You always have to take those learnings, and hopefully, everyone believes that good things are coming. It wasn’t this year, but hopefully, it’s in the years to come.”

When I read this article this morning, alarm bells were ringing. That one game WILL define them. Actually the two GF games will define them. That's all the team is going to be remembered for. And what happens when they next make a GF?

The Swans team that we know and love would fight until the end. We used to play in classic grand finals...now we play in stinkers.

I just can't understand how the players couldn't bring the intensity and pressure in a grand final. This is what they play for. Surely they would be hungry and desperate. The scary thing is that it wasn't just one or 2 players...it was 95% of the team.

This loss shouldn't be glossed over by the club just because they made the GF. It needs to hurt like hell!

Was always optimistic this year as I thought they’d learned and were ready for a full pressure effort. Those were the signals I was getting.
Until we all saw what unfolded.
To allow an uncontested game after Clarko did this to us for a decade is unforgiveable, as is the bruise free mentality. Now I read “this game won’t define us crap.”

Literally everything went our way this year as well.

It’s not the losing (Lions we’re great) but the way in which we lost that demands a cleanout. The worry is the board down are happy to make finals and keep the membership up with flags a secondary measure.

How can you ever trust this evolution of the team again ?
It's the worst loss yet for me, for sure. Single digit margin at QT as well, so it's not like we weren't in the game or didn't have opportunities to settle and get things on our terms.

I think we deserve to get torn to shreds over it in the media tbh.

It's the worst loss yet for me, for sure. Single digit margin at QT as well, so it's not like we weren't in the game or didn't have opportunities to settle and get things on our terms.

Hard to disagree or defend what gets thrown our way this year - even from the main board lol.

Lions also missed a ton of chances early that should have been a wake up call.

To simply look at the score, it was an improvement on 14 and 22, but we all know that in reality, that was 100 points+ loss. The Lions misses and the fact they virtually stopped playing the last ten minutes are the only things that make the score line look as reasonable as it does.

To simply look at the score, it was an improvement on 14 and 22, but we all know that in reality, that was 100 points+ loss. The Lions misses and the fact they virtually stopped playing the last ten minutes are the only things that make the score line look as reasonable as it does.
A lot of our guys actually looked half good in the fourth quarter, when the game was decided and Brisbane players and staff were already celebrating on the bench.

Florent had 9 touches and 3 score involvements.
Parker had 3 goals and nearly doubled his total touches for the day in that quarter.
Gulden had 9 touches. Warner 8 touches and a goal, 200+ metres gained.
Lloyd 9 possessions. Fox 8 possessions.

And whaddoyaknow, we won the quarter, 4.2 to 2.1.

If I am being totally honest, that pisses me off even more. A real stinker of a day that gets worse and worse as the result is sealed, yeah OK that's tough but fair. But suddenly finding the balls and the composure to remember how to play once your opposition's put the cue in the rack and you've blown the chance? Yeah, not interested. And makes it arguably more insulting to us fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back